• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
HockeyCrazy3033

Here comes the bluster..

Rate this topic

Interesting stats from the first round:

8 out of a total of 19 SJS players have scored for 16 goals. Total of 46 points for the team.

11 out of a total of 20 DRW players have scored for 18 goals. Total of 47 points for the team.

18 SJS players have at least a point

15 DRW players have at least a point. The standout: Sammy has no points so far.

SJS have 3 minus players. The standouts: Rivet is a -3, Guerin is a -1

DRW has no minus players

4 SJS players have 10 or more penalty minutes. 1D, 3 Forwards

2 DRW players have 10 or more pen minutes. 1 D, 1 Forward

SJS have no shorthanded goals

DRW have 2 shorthanded goals

Pretty evenly matched...

Edited by Quadnational

The fact is that you have come into our house and started making statements that are ignorant.

Please show one statement that I have made that is untrue.

The Wings division WAS the weakest. Statistically and every other way. That is a fact.

The Sharks ARE younger.

The Sharks ARE faster.

The Sharks ARE bigger.

Hasek is NOT what he once was.

The Flames are a WHL team compared to the Sharks.

The Sharks DID dominate the season series.

The Wing DID take longer to defeat a weaker opponent in rd 1.

You claim I speak from a position of ignorance, but fail to show a single thing that I'm wrong about. You call me a troll because you disagreee with me and provide ZERO facts to back up your claim. THAT'S the definition of a troll.

Congrats. You're trolling your own board...

Pretty evenly matched...

...if the 2 teams were playing the same team or equal teams. Are you honestly saying that the Flames are equal to the Preds?

Guerin says that he can read the Wings like a book, and Ron Wilson agrees:

"I don't think there are any secrets about playing [Detroit]," [Guerin] said. "It's a really small world now, with all the video and the scouting. Plus they've been in the playoffs for what, 10 years in a row. They play the same way they always have. They only have a few players left from the Cup team (in 2002, and the total is seven of the top 20), but their core is still pretty much there, and they haven't played any differently. I don't think I know anything about them they don't already know."

But head coach Ron Wilson refines the search by pointing out that Guerin isn't in charge of breaking down video, but whispering sweet somethings into the ears of the players next to him on the bench during the game, and his expertise in that context is invaluable.

"Take Mathieu Schneider or Chris Chelios or Nicklas Lidstrom," Wilson said. "Billy knows what makes those guys tick, what they like to do and don't like to do. He can tell one of the young guys, 'What don't they want to do in a certain situation.' To say that this is why we got him is putting it a little too simply, but this is one of the ways he helps us. I mean, if you saw all the little things he did against Nashville that made things easier for the other guys, you'd get it."

Playoffs for 10 years!? Please...isnt like at least 15?

The Flames beat the Sharks 7-4 during the season. The Preds are nothing special killer, we beat them four times in March. Hasek had a better win total and gaa this season than he did 10 years ago (as you brought up in the Sharks fans want to play Wings thread). You said the Sharks are vastly better than the Wings, we won the conference, not you. You claim they are the best team, WRONG, the Sabres claimed such a title. The Sharks could not even win their own division, what right do you have to be saying things like these? Where is the backup? You've not won the presidents, west or pacific.

Interesting stats from the first round:

8 out of a total of 19 SJS players have scored for 16 goals. Total of 46 points for the team.

11 out of a total of 20 DRW players have scored for 18 goals. Total of 47 points for the team.

18 SJS players have at least a point

15 DRW players have at least a point. The standout: Sammy has no points so far.

SJS have 3 minus players. The standouts: Rivet is a -3, Guerin is a -1

DRW has no minus players

4 SJS players have 10 or more penalty minutes. 1D, 3 Forwards

2 DRW players have 10 or more pen minutes. 1 D, 1 Forward

SJS have no shorthanded goals

DRW have 2 shorthanded goals

Pretty evenly matched...

I also like how you conveniently leave out the fact that the Wings played 1 more game than the Sharks. skews the number a bit, don't you think?

It's funny how far you wings fans will go to try and pump up your team, when the facts speak for themselves...

How about people just stop feeding the troll. he's made up his mind, and you aren't going to win against his atrocious logic, so just ignore him.

Oh, trust me boss, I know better I haven't been feeding him anything. Gotta admit it's silly how he keeps repeating the same thing over and over though.

The Flames beat the Sharks 7-4 during the season. The Preds are nothing special killer, we beat them four times in March.

But weren't you guys claiming that the Pred were better than Anaheim when talking about your weaker division? So which is it? Were they great or weren't they. Can't have it both ways.

Your contradictions are starting to pile up. Better get some hip boots...

The Preds played like GARBAGE against you guys

Right, and that had nothing to do with the way the Sharks completely shut them down.

Is that going to be your excuse when the Wings lose in 5? "But we played like crap!!" Guess what, that's what great teams do. They make good teams look like crap...

Oh, trust me boss, I know better I haven't been feeding him anything. Gotta admit it's silly how he keeps repeating the same thing over and over though.

Kinda have to, since it seems to not be getting thru...

But weren't you guys claiming that the Pred were better than Anaheim when talking about your weaker division? So which is it? Were they great or weren't they. Can't have it both ways.

To quote a line from the Adam Sandler Magnum Opus, "Billy Madison,

"what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul."

It's funny how far you wings fans will go to try and pump up your team, when the facts speak for themselves...

I will say this though, cause your getting increasingly annoying.....

Just replace the word wings with sharks in your post, and you'll see how silly you sound. By reading your posts, what's the point of playing any games at all, save it for next season and give the Cup to SJ now. :rolleyes:

Standings

Facts speaking for themselves. Who was 1st? Who was 5th?

What I was saying was, do not gauge things on a series with the Preds they are nothing special, we handled them easily 4 times in March. And if the Sharks were soooo good, they would have beaten Dallas and Anaheim more to have won the division.

Right, and that had nothing to do with the way the Sharks completely shut them down.

Is that going to be your excuse when the Wings lose in 5? "But we played like crap!!" Guess what, that's what great teams do. They make good teams look like crap...

This is not a reply to this post specifically, just your posts in general.

If you bring up the Wings losing to the Oilers last year, you cant ignore the fact that the Sharks lost to them too, and also held a 2-0 lead at one point, do you have the balls to talk about that?

Also, I would be worried if Nabokov was HALF the playoff performer Kipprosoff was, but he isnt. If the Wings manage 25-30 per game, which they will I bet we see at least 3 goals a game. Hasek just has to stay solid which he has been and will continue to be.

We all know where you stand on the series, you have presented your case and we are obviously not buying it, yet you continue to antagonize yourself and stir up mindless trouble. I would say that counts as trolling, and it doesn't take much to get banned here at LGW. I suggest you either stop talking till there is something more to talk about - or stop trying to piss off the rest of the forum.

Side note when looking at the season series. 6/9 Goals in the 9-4 San Jose win were on the PP, and all five in the 5-1 win were also on the PP. In each of the other two games, they scored one PP goal, 2-1 Wings and 3-2 Sharks. Wow, 13 PP goals in four games. I look at it this way, if the Wings can stay out of the box, they will fare much better. BUT, the Sharks PP struggled through the first found...so I dont really know what to make of it. Being the smaller, quicker team (aside from Marleau who is disgustingly fast) I think it may be the Sharks taking the majority of the Penalties.

Nevertheless, I think Special Teams will be a huge factor in this one.

P.S. Ron Wilson is a bit of a prick anyways, I remember him taking the Oilers lightly last year and getting embarrassed.

Oh, and nice facial hair you greasy bum.

Edited by Yzerfan1999

I'll throw in some goalie stats too, just for fun. 2007 postseason so far, not regular season.

GAA

Hasek - 1.57 (ranked 5th overall, 10 GA in six games)

Nabokov - 2.39 (ranked 11th overall, 18 GA in six games)

Kiprusoff - 2.81 (ranked 13th overall, 13 GA in five games)

Oh, but GAA is more of a team stat, right? Okay then...

SV%

Kiprusoff - .929 (ranked 5th overall)

Hasek - .922 (ranked 9th overall)

Nabokov - .902 (ranked 13th overall)

Just something to ponder.

Ok, maybe my memory is a little foggy, so correct me if I'm wrong. Isn't this the same sharks team that was on fire at the beginning of the season (when they had their way with us), but struggled a lot at the end of the regular season. So, they dispatched Nashville without too much trouble, look at our regular season record against Nashville. I don't think that proves anything. I keep hearing the same thing "if the Sharks play a physical game, they'll take the series", isn't that what everyone kept saying about Calgary?

Guest GodofHockeyStevieY19

Or the parts where I point out the regular season record between the two teams?

Sorry to break it to ya bud. But the regular season means absolutely nothing. But if you truly wanna talk about the regular season meaning so much, we can talk about how the Red Wings were one point from winning the Presidents trophy, and the sharks are a 4th seed. In fact I thought it was laughable that the regular season record was even mentioned. I could care less if the Sharks swept the season series, or even if we swept the season series. It means nothing. This is months later, and this is the playoffs. So try bringing something better to the table. That way you dont get schooled just like your team will thursday night. Chumps.

Hasek is NOT what he once was.

You wanna talk about facts buddy?? How bout the FACT that Hasek's regular season stats are superior to Nabokov's in EVERY WAY. Goals against, Save percentage, and wins. s*** chump, looks like you just made yourself look real smart. :lol: So I guess even Hasek being a shadow of his former self is STILL dominate over Nabokov. Ouch that must hurt. HAHA :lol:

You dont need to use foul language or personal attacks to be uncivil. The fact is that you have come into our house and started making statements that are ignorant. Weak division, nope, we clearly showed you how that is not the case. How do you figure that you guys are the best team in hockey and vastly better than the Wings? If that is the case, where is your conference title? Where is your President's Trophy? Where is your DIVISION title, you cannot even win your division and you want to come out and talk s***. Oh and I clearly just shut you down in regards to Darren Dreger. But like most people who realize defeat, you cowered away from the situation.

The poster has a difference of opinion. That's hardly the same thing as making statements that are ignorant.

Are Sharks' fans allowed to disagree on this forum or are we just tolerated as long as we jump on the Detroit bandwagon?

I'll throw in some goalie stats too, just for fun. 2007 postseason so far, not regular season.

GAA

Hasek - 1.57 (ranked 5th overall, 10 GA in six games)

Nabokov - 2.39 (ranked 11th overall, 18 GA in six games)

Kiprusoff - 2.81 (ranked 13th overall, 13 GA in five games)

Oh, but GAA is more of a team stat, right? Okay then...

SV%

Kiprusoff - .929 (ranked 5th overall)

Hasek - .922 (ranked 9th overall)

Nabokov - .902 (ranked 13th overall)

Just something to ponder.

But didn't you hear, Hasek is a shadow of his former self?

Hmm, at 42 he still puts off one helluva shadow.

I brought this very same thing up over on hfboards(on the Wings board) and of course a Sharks fan said I was making a big deal out of it. Go figure, eh? Anyway, I felt the same way as HC did with Billy boy being cocky, thinking that the Wings are playing the same way as they did last playoffs. Boy is he ever in for a rude awakening! That's alright though, let him keep thinking he knows everything about our team, and that they are going to play the same as they have in the past playoffs, I'll be laughing when it bites him in the ass.

Standings

Facts speaking for themselves. Who was 1st? Who was 5th?

division.

But I thought the regular season doesn't matter now? You really need to make up your mind. Either the regular season matters, in which case the season series speaks for itself, or the regular season doesn't matter, in which case the number of points doesn't matter.

Which is it?