• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

cincywingfan

Calder Injured?

Rate this topic

I was watching the end of game 6 again last night and I noticed something.

As the Wings go through the line for the traditional handshake take a look at Calder. He's last in the line up. Everyone else on the Wings shakes hands using their right hand. Calder leaves his right glove on and reaches across his body shaking hands with his left in a very awkward motion.

Got me thinking...

did he miss game 5 due to a hand injury? The Wings may not say anything about it since it is play-off time.

or

was it a subtle way of not shaking the Flames hands due to a lack of respect?

I'll try to get a pic up of him using his left hand.

Heard that same thing on one of the Sharks forums. Someone also said that Samuelsson also had a broken hand, but I can't confirm that.

I heard that datsuk has a broken collar bone and james smuffennuff has a borken arm? Is this true?

There is a report out of Toronto that Samuelsson and Calder both are dealing with broken hands. The team is denying it, but it's obviously a possibility, given their usual secrecy. Both of them are still expected to play tomorrow, as of today. That could change after practice.

I'm not sure...but adding insult to injury ...

I heard Lebda on the radio this morning and saying his ankle was still hurting him, and then we are already down Holmstrom. Not too good.

I hope Calds is a-ok

Edited by Offsides

Broken hand? :(

Hold up..Kyle played 16 minutes in Game 6. If he had a broken hand Im sure they would have limited his ice time. Also, if he really had a broken hand then they would of just kept a healthy Huds out there for Games 5, and 6 and let Kyle rest. Why bring him back in the line up if he's not okay, when you have Jiri who's done great? This just doesn't add up.

Ron MacLean just said Calder and Samuelson both have broken hands, but will still play.

Wow, Calder, Sammy, Holmstrom, Lebda, and Kronvall all with injuries. I cant remember the last time the injury bug hit the wings this hard. It seems in previous playoffs (with the exception of Yzerman) of course, everyone has stayed healthy.

I guess the lucks gotta run out sometime.

Broken hand? :(

Hold up..Kyle played 16 minutes in Game 6. If he had a broken hand Im sure they would have limited his ice time.

Keep in mind game 6 was 4.25 periods long. If you do the math played about 11 minutes in regulation. The good news is he played a fair amount in OT.

Edited by cincywingfan

Oh wow. That is not what I wanted to hear. :(

How the hell do you play with a broken hand? It's going to get worse, not better.

These hockey players are something else...

Per M-Live:

Wings general manager Ken Holland said there's no truth to a report that Calder and Samuelsson each has a broken bone in his hand. Both practiced Wednesday and are scheduled to play tonight.

I am confused.