• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
regwinguofmfan

Wings meet fork

Rate this topic

In the parallel universe where the Red Wings are the Reg Wings, "ass clown" must mean "greatest goalie I've ever seen."

Does that mean that the Hasek that plays for this guy's "Reg Wings" has one of those little moustaches and goatees that all the "evil twins" have in those sci-fi movies?

And I stand by this comment, Hasek is an ass clown.

You know, I know a lot of people might bash you for that comment.

BUT had we lost the game by one, all of a sudden Hasek's free goal looks a lot bigger. I'm sure there would be a ton of people bashing Hasek if we did lose.

He had no business doing what he did this afternoon. You simply cannot afford to give up free goals in the playoffs, and especially against the Sharks.

That aside, he played a great game despite clowning around behind the net.

I stated the obvious, if they kept playing like a beer league team they would have lost.

These guys need to play like they mean it all game.

And I stand by this comment, Hasek is an ass clown.

Could have kept the doom and gloom to the Game day thread(Like I did, sorry folks :( )

This really didn't need a whole separate thread until the game was over.

Hasek is a world class goaltender who has done amazing things for this team. He makes mistakes, yes. But he doesn't deserve such criticism.

You know, I know a lot of people might bash you for that comment.

BUT had we lost the game by one, all of a sudden Hasek's free goal looks a lot bigger. I'm sure there would be a ton of people bashing Hasek if we did lose.

He had no business doing what he did this afternoon. You simply cannot afford to give up free goals in the playoffs, and especially against the Sharks.

That aside, he played a great game despite clowning around behind the net.

Thank you aflac.

I am just calling it the way I see it.

He needs to really focus on staying in the net and stopping the puck. He is not an actor or a d-man.

A fan is someone who supports a team thru thick and thin. Most of these posters, would have never watched the Wings in the mid 80's. I remember going to the Joe and watching them give away a car every game.

Anyway, the Wings have shown 1000X more heart than they have in the past 3 years. Champions overcome adversity.

To all the non believers

............/´¯/)

............/....// .......^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

.........../....// ....../......__...........__.......\

...../´¯/..../´¯\.....(-....(.0.).......(.0.).....-)

.././.../..../..../.|_...¡.........../_................

(.(....(....(..../.)..)..\..........____........../

.\................\/../ ....\..........................

..\................./........\__________/

....\..............( ...............\..........\.

......\.............\ ................\..........

GO WINGS!!!!!!!!!! :champs:

I have to agree with Hasek having to own up for that awful turnover................................

...............but "ass clown". Come on, really?

Completely agree...Dom is absolutely HORRIBLE with the puck, and it cost us a goal today. Fortunately, it turned out not to affect the outcome of the game. If it had, he certainly would've been bashed, rightfully so. But calling one of the all-time greats an "ass clown?" Yeah, ok chief, thanks for the great insight and frightening visual.

I watched this team thorough the 80s

Those teams didnt pack it in like our team has the last 2-3 years in the playoffs like these guys have.

Effort for the first 10 minutes today, was piss poor.

We looked awful.

That is a fact.

Just because we pulled this game out of the fire, we still have 3 more to win.

If we dont come to play in the first 10, we will constantly have to come back from behind to win.

Thats not how you win in the playoffs.

Period.

Dont compare the over achieving teams from the late 80s to the teams we have had on the ice the last few years. In the late 80s we played with heart and drive and alot of times out of our asses.

I watched this team thorough the 80s

Those teams didnt pack it in like our team has the last 2-3 years in the playoffs like these guys have.

Effort for the first 10 minutes today, was piss poor.

We looked awful.

That is a fact.

Just because we pulled this game out of the fire, we still have 3 more to win.

If we dont come to play in the first 10, we will constantly have to come back from behind to win.

Thats not how you win in the playoffs.

Period.

Dont compare the over achieving teams from the late 80s to the teams we have had on the ice the last few years. In the late 80s we played with heart and drive and alot of times out of our asses.

I don't think he was comparing the team to the 80's teams. At least to me it doesn't seem like he did. I don't feel like your points are invalid by any means. The wings won't make it far if they keep pulling the first ten minutes dissappearing act. If that is what you intended to communicate though, why didn't you just say that? I think the reason people are so upset, is because you turned due criticism into a personal attack on the team. You turned concern into something so much bigger than concern. Are you seriously so stubborn that you can't admit what you said was not well constructed? I think if you looked at it objectively, even you could agree with some of the things being said to you. At least I hope so. I'm sorry everyone came down on you so hard, and I hope I'm not contributing to that. But for the sake of the red wings man, admit your mistake and look at what you said.

That being said, Hasek screwed up. But man did he ever shut the door, and for the first time in the last few years, the fans and the players alike, don't have to worry about the goaltender. It is nice to be able to sit through the playoffs and not have to worry about losing the game at the fault of the goaltender. That is a comfort we haven't had since... well.... 2002. Weird.

I have to agree with Hasek having to own up for that awful turnover................................

...............but "ass clown". Come on, really?

Well, thank God none of the other Reg Wings ever make a mistake or commit turnovers in a playoff game!! Oh, wait... that pretty much defined game 1. Hasek will own his error today, WWW, never fear. If anyone asks, he will say outright he got caught and admit it - he's always honest about his own play, and pretty much everyone elses. :P He made a mistake - just trying to be one of the guys, I guess -- he also shut the door the rest of the game.

Currently, at 2.05 GAA, Hasek leads the playoff's remaining goalies, just as he led the league basically the entire season. Who else could the Wings have gotten goal who would do a better job, for a $750,000 regular season salary? We can thank Dom for the presence of several other players the Wings could not have afforded without his bargain basement contract.

Gotta love a poster who steadfastly stands by such intelligent statements as "Hasek is an ass clown", by the way. :rolleyes:

PS - redwinguofmfan, what's wrong with your keyboard? all your posts have three lines of space between each comment. :blink:

Edited by puckloo39

What I said may not have been put together well.

But it was true.

For all the fans that get butt hurt over what I say...........dont read.

To the guys who see where Im coming from, but dont like the way I say it, at least you can see.

However talented this team is, they dont come to play all the time.

Im not sure why that is.

If anyone on here says they were not concerned at least (most likely pissed) after the awful play in the first 10, they are no being honest with themselves.

Some of us have a passion for this game. Seeing players have huge opportunities and decide not to show up makes some of us sick.

If guys cant understand that, I dunno what to tell you.

I dont care if I have respect here, you are all anonymous posters on the net. I come here to talk hockey and state what I see. Sometimes I dont put it into proper words but thats not why Im here.

You guys dont hurt my feelings but I wonder how some of you guys get all butt hurt over some peoples comments.

if you don't have faith and you don't like the wings then why watch? this series if far from over and when the wings win what are you going to say then!

oh I knew they would win all along? what ever! love them or leave them!

I choose to love them! win or loose....GO WINGS!

Get over yourself.

IS that all you got? I think that's the second time you've used that one on me.

The Wings were mindblowingly horrendous in the first, and deserved the crap they were getting from fans. Granted, saying our postseason run was over was extreme, but when a team plays that poorly (especially a team like this one), people are going to say so. Early on, the Wings didn't show any effort or heart. Thankfully that changed.

This keeps going in one ear and out the other with some of you: just because the team is losing doesn't mean they aren't trying. Just because somebody fouls up and the puck winds up in our net doesn't mean they aren't putting forth any effort. For crying out loud, quit being so simplisticly cliched. The Wings effort has been high for most of the playoffs. They have some occasional let downs and foul ups because they are human beings, but it's pathetic watching some of you resort to your go-to "they don't want it" card everytime something bad happens. But at no point has this series been "over," or the Calgary series. SOme of you act like you've never been through a playoff season before. UPS AND DOWNS all the way through. And it's just getting started, so buckle up. Get over myself? I'm still trying to get over some of you guys. If you guys can't take it now, how in the blue hell are you going to survive if the Wings go deep?

Edited by aarond

But it was true.

To the guys who see where Im coming from, but dont like the way I say it, at least you can see.

Im not sure why that is.

If anyone on here says they were not concerned at least (most likely pissed) after the awful play in the first 10, they are no being honest with themselves.

Some of us have a passion for this game. Seeing players have huge opportunities and decide not to show up makes some of us sick.

I dont care if I have respect here, you are all anonymous posters on the net. I come here to talk hockey and state what I see. Sometimes I dont put it into proper words but thats not why Im here.

You guys dont hurt my feelings but I wonder how some of you guys get all butt hurt over some peoples comments.

Ass clown? Butt hurt? Wow, you are a class act Reg Wings fan.

Ass clown? Butt hurt? Wow, you are a class act Reg Wings fan.

Crazy this is a grown up world. Not everyone speaks the way you like them to. Not everyone can be as classy as you. Ill work on it.

As long as the Wings show up and play hard, I dont *****. When they dont show up to play that is disgusting.

But it was true.

Im not sure why that is.

Well take your own advise if you don't like what you see don't watch it. It is understandabl to say hey we played like s*** today but to sit there and throw your hands in the air and state well this series is over is just dumb..

you made yourself look like you were a fan that only likes a team if they are winning. As to getting all hurt over your comments NO, just as you speak of passion for the game of hockey people have passion for there team the RED WINGS!. The fact that the wings lost game 1 and didn't show up in the first 10 means nothing when the series it now tied 1-1, Oh by the way, I bet they fix what ever issues they (RED WINGS) have before the next game. You are right what you said was not put to gether well at all.

I am not putting you down and you have every right to state what you think but don't get offended or upset when other people do. You were and are putting down the team we love.

IS that all you got?

I have boatloads more, but I like "Get over yourself" for its succinctness. However, if I'm beholden to speak at length about this matter in order to appease the "true fans," I will.

Calling out fans for being fairweather is just as tired and "simplistically cliched" as bashing the Wings for a lack of effort is. If your point is simply that some fans are idiotic, then God only knows why you feel the need to make as many long-winded posts about the subject as you do. We get it: Wings fans make extreme -- and often times inane -- statements. It's a simple, widely-accepted truth, so the elitist finger-pointing and diatribes are unnecessary.

In response, you might say that harping on the Wings' poor play is equally unnecessary. I would say that's both true and false. On the one hand, going to extremes and saying our postseason run is as good as over when we're down two goals in the first period of Game 2 in the WSF is pretty stupid -- I think we can all agree on this. On the other hand, if the Wings are clearly playing like chickens with their heads cut off (as they were earlier today), I see nothing wrong with saying so, nor do I see anything wrong with discussing its implications (i.e. sustained "headless chicken play" will cost the team the series and should not be tolerated by anyone, whether its Babs or the Wingnuts paying huge sums of money to see the game in-person).

Well, thank God none of the other Reg Wings ever make a mistake or commit turnovers in a playoff game!! Oh, wait... that pretty much defined game 1. Hasek will own his error today, WWW, never fear. If anyone asks, he will say outright he got caught and admit it - he's always honest about his own play, and pretty much everyone elses. :P He made a mistake - just trying to be one of the guys, I guess -- he also shut the door the rest of the game.

Currently, at 2.05 GAA, Hasek leads the playoff's remaining goalies, just as he led the league basically the entire season. Who else could the Wings have gotten goal who would do a better job, for a $750,000 regular season salary? We can thank Dom for the presence of several other players the Wings could not have afforded without his bargain basement contract.

Gotta love a poster who steadfastly stands by such intelligent statements as "Hasek is an ass clown", by the way. :rolleyes:

PS - redwinguofmfan, what's wrong with your keyboard? all your posts have three lines of space between each comment. :blink:

Ummm, what she said. (except for the REG wings part.. I like to call them Red Wings...) ;)

Seriously, nice comments. Well put.

Edited by FireCaptain

With the way these guys are playing the series is over in SJ.

And Hasek is an ass clown.

There is not one positive thing to say about the play I am seeing they look like an adult league team.

Wings meet fork? I think you should change the title to "Mouth meets foot"

(not that i wasnt thinking the same thing as you at the time, i just wouldnt go and post it ;) )

This whole topic seems a little silly. I can see why you would be pessimistic about the Wings playoff future based on the first 10 mins of both games, but the other 100 minutes of this series has been all Wings.

This is just a topic so that if the Wings lose you can say, 'told ya so'.

Making ourselves the underdog is a natural way to make defeat seem less painful and unexpected, so I understand why people are doing it - but just relax, the series is 1-1 and far from over.

topic creator is a dumbass....the wings have dominated all but 10 minutes of both games combined....sharks only play hockey in the first 5 or 10 minutes....then wings takeover...i dont know if you've been watching the games, but i've been at both so....i donno if tv is different..