• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Matt

Post-Game 2: Red Wings 3, Sharks 2 (4/28)

Rate this topic

Great comeback. If we win this series, we'll look back to today as the turning point.

I never thought I'd see the day where this sentence was uttered, but Dan Cleary is our best forward right now. Crazy world we live in!

In all seriousness, I think we turned this game around when we started hitting. That seemed to soften up San Jose and get us more into the game. We also did a much better job of driving to the net, not settling for outside shots.

In game 1, Wings had 30 hits to SJ 24. Today both teams had 23 hits. The only thing that the Wings did better in this game, statistically, were faceoffs wins 58% in Gm 2 to 42% in Gm 1, and 3 goals on 23 shots instead of 0 for 30. :P

I thought that the Wings did a better job of driving the net and getting to the rebounds. The rebounds were there in game 1 too, but the Wings couldn't get to them. And the Sharks played worse in the 2nd and 3rd periods of Gm 2 then they did in 2nd +3rd of Gm 1. Getting the 2 goal lead again played a trick on them, they tried to sit on the lead again, but it didn't work the second time.

Few things about this game. First ten minutes we played like scared little girls. Flip needs more ice time. Lang and Sammy are unbelievably soft. They need serious wrist curls to get some strength behind their shots. Flip should be our 2nd line centre and then we would have 3 good lines. I'm very glad SJ thought this game was over when it was 2-0 because they sat on that lead and it bit them big time. That was great to see. Our PK was obviously much better and if not for Dom's blunder they only would have scored once. Still I think we need to be more aggressive on the forecheck.

I don't think there is a happier person on this planet than I am that Pasha got the game winner...unless it's Pasha himself.

I'm so happy for him. So much for the theory that he would do a disappearing act during the playoffs. Guess again, suckers!

I want to marry Dan Cleary. That man is just AMAZING!!!!!! klsjdkjgskgs he is becoming the heart and soul of this Wings team and I absolutely LOVE it.

Flip was fantastic today as well! Especially on the PP where I forgot who it was from the Sharks? He came at Flip and Flip just fended him off with a big hit and kept the puck. The man has got skill.

Markov was a BEAST out there tonight! Schneids played really well too!

Dats and Hank were great. The last two periods showed us what the Wings are capable of.

The best part? The Wings are the only team so far in this years playoffs that came back from a 2-0 deficit and won.

Also it just shows the Wings CAN play with the Sharks. They took it to 'em after the first in every aspect, hits, plays, etc..

I don't care how 'HUGE' the Sharks are, the Wings can hang with them and they can play just as big.

GO WINGS!!!!!!!!!!!

Right on, :thumbup: I was really impressed by the way the Wings came back after going 2 goal's down . I never saw the game today, but I still couldn't believe the amount of fan's that where on here whining about the Wings lack of physical play, I was listening on the radio and I could even tell that they where stepping up. All in all a great day at the Office for the Wings. :)

Oh my god, was I ever happy when Datsyuk put that puck in the net. That line of Bert/Datsyuk/Z looked great today I thought, Zetterberg had an excellent game. Dan Cleary, I don't think I can say anything that hasn't already been said a million times. Would we ever lose if we had a team full of Clearys? I don't think we would. Even though we had fewer shots today, our scoring chances were way better.

I was pretty disappointed after Hasek gave it away for the 2nd goal, but he came back strong and made the big saves when he needed to. He's been very steady so far in this series, but for the love of GOD I wish he'd stay in his net.

Our defence was really good today, with the exception of a couple of bad turnovers. Markov and Lilja stood out to me as being really solid. Lidstrom had a few brutal giveaways, but thankfully they didn't cost us.

I'm liking the position we're in heading to San Jose. Of course it would have been nice to win both games at home, but this was just the kind of win we needed to get things rolling before we head to the west coast. I'm looking forward to Monday.

Prior to the second period of this game we've been playing like we're afraid of them.

I'm glad we're over that, and we can finally play some real playoff hockey

Yup, we finally seemed to have some jump in our step there ... I still wonder whether the short layoff between series took our legs away, and we're just now getting them back?

To the folks saying they can't believe how negative people were being after we went down early -- we had every reason to be negative; the Wings were AWFUL.

That they had such a strong, clutch finish after that early performance is insane.

To the folks saying they can't believe how negative people were being after we went down early -- we had every reason to be negative; the Wings were AWFUL.

That they had such a strong, clutch finish after that early performance is insane.

well said, i too felt low after the first 2 goals again, and will admit it, but its only cause they looked attrocious, no point in lingering over it now though

That was such a great game! I thought I was going to have a heart attack! So happy the wings won this one, i think this win was a must. Hopfeully we can go to San Joe and shut the crowd up early. Dom was phenominal in the second and third periods. Way to go!!

GO WINGS GO!!!

Missed the game because I had a game. But I came home and ended up seeing the highlights on the post game show for NBC.

Looks like the Wings really fought back hard in this game. A sign of things to come.

GO WINGS!!!

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry I'm a bit late, but what a game! Dan Cleary is amazing. Is it possible to hand out a Conn Smyth for the second round? Seriously, this guy is great. Excellent work by the whole team to turn the game around after a horrendous start. It was looking pretty bad in the beginning there, but what a way to turn it around! :)

Guest GodofHockeyStevieY19

Just got back from the Joe!!! YEAH BABY!!! That was so awesome! I had such bad ass seats. I was only 3 rows back from the glass. On the opposite side from the benches. I have never been so close out of all the Wings games ive been to. I was so close that when the Sharks were in our end I was yelling s*** at any player that was really close to me. Just so happens only a few ended up being right in front of me. And one of them was Joe Thornton. The whistle blew and he was standing right in front of me and I was like YOU SUCK THORNTON! I Screamed so loud that everyone around me in the seats were telling me they thought he heard me, but I wasnt sure. So later when they were in our zone, and on a powerplay, Thornton tried to pass it to the point and missed horribly. So guess who just happend to be right in front of me again after that. Yup, you guessed it, good ole Joey T. So I screamed NICE PASS THORNTON! And he turned around, looked at me, and up went his right glove where he started doing the yapping motion to me, so I gave him the finger. LOL! And about 6-7 min later, DATSYUK SCORES!!! I was hoping he would be back near me after that so I could tell him to take a nice look at the scoreboard. But obviously we kept total control of the puck and basically kept them from even pulling the goalie. Hows that feel Joey boy?? HAHA! What a great game! GO RED WINGS! WINGS IN 6!

I am now 11-0 since Ive been going to the Joe! Woooo!

HOw about Cleary,is this guy stepping up huge or what? I notice a lot of people are liking him more too! HAs this guy become our new McCarty as for a guy to pull for?

Yeah, I can't believe how Cleary has stepped up for the playoffs, he has been the best player on the ice so far for both series. Love this guy!

Guest REDWINGS4LYFE

I think were a differnet red wings team this year, if it was 2006 after being down 2-0 the team woulda given up

Very happy with that finish. Third period was awesome. Fun to watch. San Jose has bad ice, and our track record isn't great, though, I think our boys are aware of what this trip means. Cleary was amazing again tonight. I know the put up 2 goals, but I hope Dats and Z can constantly put up a little more of a scoring threat. Was happy with the conclusion, but I want them back in February form.

Come one boys, play in San Jose just like you finished the game today.

HOw about Cleary,is this guy stepping up huge or what? I notice a lot of people are liking him more too! HAs this guy become our new McCarty as for a guy to pull for?

He's reminding me of Shanny before he went soft.

Two different kinds of players, obviously, but still.