• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
evil204

Babcock is not a good coach

Rate this topic

Many people are probably going to disagree with me, but I just don't like Babcock at all. It's not just that I'm angry about the Wings screwing up Game 3. Here's a list...

1. All throughout the playoffs (and in the regular season) the Wings have been trying to shoot from the blue line. I'm pretty sure this is Babcock's strategy. He wants them to get traffic in front of the net and shoot from 50 feet away, hoping the puck will go off Holmstrom. This strategy has failed miserably, and the majority of Calgary's chances in the 1st round came from our giveaways on attempted shots at the blue line. Babcock didn't adjust and the Wings kept doing it, giving the puck away all the time. If this wasn't his idea, I'm sure he would've gotten it through the players' heads by now that shooting from the blue line directly into the guy blocking it in front of you is retarded. Everyone's got our "shoot from the blue line" offense figured out.

2. The Wings are brutal in their own zone. This was especially evident tonight but it's been a problem all year long. They just can't get the puck out. They keep making stupid passes around the net to the other side of the ice when there's noone there expecting it and the opposition always gets control. Sure enough, tonight, every time we were in SJ's zone we got one chance at best, but when SJ had control they got 3 at a time....

3. Babcock can't manage the bench. Lang has been terrible all year long and he is a liability. Filppula was playing way better yet he got half of Lang's ice time at best in the 1st round. Then, Babcock benched Calder after the Wings lost 2 games, and he explained it himself that Calder was benched just to get the team going, not because he wasn't playing well. That's completely ridiculous. You don't bench a guy who's actually effective in the playoffs. You bench bums like LANG!

Having said that.... Babcock has definitely made the team better. He made them grittier and more aggresive and more emotional. That's where it ends, though. I think that's all Babcock is capable of. All he can do is yell at them and make them work harder. I think he is completely clueless when it comes to tactics and strategy. The Wings have been making the exact same mistakes all season long and there has been no adjustment made whatsoever.

Anyone agree? :D

Its not the coach that melted down in this game. It was every single player that mede bad passes, didn't check, didn't play for 60 minutes instead of 10. The coach puts the best players available on the ice at the time, THEY didn't produce. Keep babcock he's pretty good.

I'm not talking about this game in particular. I'm talking about the playoffs and the entire season. We have been making the same dumb mistakes over and over again, and Babcock apparently hasn't noticed.

considering how long Babcock has been a coach, I think he's done a GREAT job with the teams he's been with. In fact, he's never missed the playoffs once.

Edited by ShanahanMan

I'm not saying I agree with this thread, because infact I disagree BUT does the coach make the team or does the team make the coach?

Seriously, look at the teams he's had in the playoffs?

If you disagree, remember that Dave Lewis rode us into the playoffs as well. Dis Dave? make sure you dis Babcock.

considering how long Babcock has been a coach, I think he's done a GREAT job with the teams he's been with. In fact, he's never missed the playoffs once.

I'm not talking about this game in particular. I'm talking about the playoffs and the entire season. We have been making the same dumb mistakes over and over again, and Babcock apparently hasn't noticed.

We had the SECOND best record this season, and he is a bad coach?

I'm not saying I agree with this thread, because infact I disagree BUT does the coach make the team or does the team make the coach?

Seriously, look at the teams he's had in the playoffs?

If you disagree, remember that Dave Lewis rode us into the playoffs as well. Dis Dave? make sure you dis Babcock.

Look what Babcock did AGAINST the wings in the playoffs.

Guest Tunbo Batman

babcock is a bad coach, lidstrom is a bad defenceman/captain, the wings are a bad team.

:rolleyes:

I dont' agree that Babs is a bad coach, but ceratn adjustments have to be done in powerpaly situations. Both Calgary and SJ pp looks freaking scary, and ours doesn't (((

Guest Crymson

Many people are probably going to disagree with me, but I just don't like Babcock at all. It's not just that I'm angry about the Wings screwing up Game 3. Here's a list...

1. All throughout the playoffs (and in the regular season) the Wings have been trying to shoot from the blue line. I'm pretty sure this is Babcock's strategy. He wants them to get traffic in front of the net and shoot from 50 feet away, hoping the puck will go off Holmstrom. This strategy has failed miserably, and the majority of Calgary's chances in the 1st round came from our giveaways on attempted shots at the blue line. Babcock didn't adjust and the Wings kept doing it, giving the puck away all the time. If this wasn't his idea, I'm sure he would've gotten it through the players' heads by now that shooting from the blue line directly into the guy blocking it in front of you is retarded. Everyone's got our "shoot from the blue line" offense figured out.

2. The Wings are brutal in their own zone. This was especially evident tonight but it's been a problem all year long. They just can't get the puck out. They keep making stupid passes around the net to the other side of the ice when there's noone there expecting it and the opposition always gets control. Sure enough, tonight, every time we were in SJ's zone we got one chance at best, but when SJ had control they got 3 at a time....

3. Babcock can't manage the bench. Lang has been terrible all year long and he is a liability. Filppula was playing way better yet he got half of Lang's ice time at best in the 1st round. Then, Babcock benched Calder after the Wings lost 2 games, and he explained it himself that Calder was benched just to get the team going, not because he wasn't playing well. That's completely ridiculous. You don't bench a guy who's actually effective in the playoffs. You bench bums like LANG!

Having said that.... Babcock has definitely made the team better. He made them grittier and more aggresive and more emotional. That's where it ends, though. I think that's all Babcock is capable of. All he can do is yell at them and make them work harder. I think he is completely clueless when it comes to tactics and strategy. The Wings have been making the exact same mistakes all season long and there has been no adjustment made whatsoever.

Anyone agree? :D

Totally disagree. By the way, nice hyperbole in sentence four of 1). That's outrageously untrue. Why embellish? That smacks of an attempt at scapegoating. By the way, you did see that we won that series, correct? Did you see that we also came in 1st in the western conference?

Spoiled.

I totally disagree. If he is such a bad coach then why do many think he will coach Canada in the Olympics?

Not to be an ass hat, but wtf does this have to do with his coaching ability.

Mark Crawford coached this team to embarrasment. no?

Totally disagree. By the way, nice hyperbole in sentence four of 1). That's outrageously untrue. Why embellish? That smacks of an attempt at scapegoating. By the way, you did see that we won that series, correct? Did you see that we also came in 1st in the western conference?

Spoiled.

Yeah, we won the series because Calgary just wasn't good enough. If that was San Jose or Anaheim, we would've gotten killed with all the giveaways at the blue line and the sloppiness in our own zone. I may have exagerrated, but really not that much.

The fact that we finished 1st in the western conference... well, you can attribute that to our crappy division or..whatever. During the regular season, we got away with all the things I mentioned. That's not gonna work in the playoffs against teams like San Jose and Anaheim.

I may have exagerrated, but really not that much.

:blink:

Isn't that like my wife saying she's probably pregnant, but not really that much??

Seriously Babcock can only do so much with the players he has. Give the man a chance.

Edited by BuckeyeWingsfan80

IMO your thread is a result of your frustration after loosing the game 3 against the Sharks.

Being 1-2 behind after game 3 is a way too early for a thread like that, moreover many things in your thread are actually not as you have depicted them.

Relax.

Edited by Mila

if anything babcock is under rated, if he was a bad coach we wouldnt of made the top seed in the west, or not even made the playoffs at all. I like babcock mostly cause of his No BS attitude doesnt let players get away with ******* up and costing the game, I hate to be in that lockerroom after tonights game, the only player who shouldnt be disaplined is hasek, who was the only reason the sharks werent up by 4 goals.

Babcock really needs to get his team fired up for game 4m, cause falling down now isnt going to be easy to come back from