• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
scotzman

Can We Talk About Bertuzzi?

Rate this topic

Call me crazy but I don't see him playing this mediocre as a bad thing, we all know he won't be 100% until he gets a few months or so to fully rehabilitate his back. Perhaps if we resign him his current play will be ruled as the main factor dictating the amount of salary he receives, in which case we could get him for significantly less than what was originally perceived. Probably just wishful thinking but I feel it's a possibility.

wow good point indeed hmmmm :!:

Call me crazy but I don't see him playing this mediocre as a bad thing, we all know he won't be 100% until he gets a few months or so to fully rehabilitate his back. Perhaps if we resign him his current play will be ruled as the main factor dictating the amount of salary he receives, in which case we could get him for significantly less than what was originally perceived. Probably just wishful thinking but I feel it's a possibility.

I just don't think he is ever going to be close to the player he onces was again. If he is cheap, I'm all for signing him though, it could be a risk (injuries)

So, basically we should hope a player sucks so that we can RESIGN him in hopes that the price will be cheap and he'll suddenly be BETTER?

Sounds like a fantabulous idea,

All you Lang and Sammy haters take note.

Bertuzzi has been like this ever since the Steve Moore incident.

He's basically in it to collect a paycheque. I think Todd has lost his motivation and desire to play on that knifes edge needed to excel in his position. If anything, when he tries, he'll try to be a finesse player which he's not. Occasionally you'll get a decent game out of him where he'll throw checks but its few and far between.

Sorry Wings fans, that Bertuzzi you're thinking of is __long__ gone.

On resigning Bertuzzi; for your sake I would not recommend it. If you want a PF, the rumblings from Calgary is that Sutter might blow it up a bit. Make an offer for Iginla before he hits FA. I'd like the Canucks to pick him up but that's never going to happen.

Edited by MarkusNaslund

He's basically in it to collect a paycheque. I think Todd has lost his motivation and desire to play on that knifes edge needed to excel in his position. If anything, when he tries, he'll try to be a finesse player which he's not. Occasionally you'll get a decent game out of him where he'll throw checks but its few and far between.

On resigning Bertuzzi; for your sake I would not recommend it. If you want a PF, the rumblings from Calgary is that Sutter might blow it up a bit. Make an offer for Iginla before he hits FA. I'd like the Canucks to pick him up but that's never going to happen.

I would rather sign Smyth than trade for Iginla. Iggy is UFA in 08-09, and already costs 7m...his price will go up. The quality difference between Smyth and Iginla is not vast...but we'd be paying less, not have to give up assets, and would be able to sign him long term right away for somewhere in the 4-5.5m range.

Definitely not a good game for Bertuzzi yesterday. He doesn't look 100% comfortable from his back injury, but the Wings still need his prescence. He's not the same player (yet) he was in the Vancouver days, and he might not ever be again. Nobody can know. That being said though, there's a spot for him on this team either on the 1st/2nd line and I'd like to see him as a Wing next year.

Guest LivingtheDream

I distinctly remember a Cancucks fan warning us, right here when we signed Bert, about dumb playoff penalties.

Well guys, we could always have Jason Williams back filling his spot. Do you want that instead? No? Then stop complaining. ;)

He did play pretty mediocre last night though. I really thought he was getting his game back, but last night was a major setback on his play. It must be that bad ice or something.

He always looks handcuffed everytime the puck is near him and he just skates by and plows into somebody taking a penalty just because of his size. By the way that last penalty he got (tripping?) i thought was an extremely weak call. I keep screaming at him to do something but when he tries he ususally just gets a penalty :(

I would love to see Iginla in a wing wheel!!! I thought about this a few years ago but I figured he would have to be about 50 years old before the wings would look at him.

Edited by hatcherforpresident

First of all, I'd like to point out that even though he was bad, it wasn't the reason we lost yesterday. The whole team was manhandled after the 1st.

Secondly, he played fine against calgary. Started off slow, but his play improved. He needs to step it up, cause so far he's been underwhelming in this series.

Edited by Mighty Wings

Bert had a bad game... but well he has only played what 15-20 games this season.... What's everyone elses excuses for their s***ty play?

Is it obvious to just me that neither of these guys are really contributing much to this series so far? I think Babs is finally realizing that Lang sucks and is Lazy lol, but he keeps putting Bert out there on the top line which just isnt working. With Homer back for game 4, its time to make adjustments. Take away some ice time from Lang/Bert and give Flip a chance, I think these lines would be perfect:

Dats-Zets-Homer

Franzen-Flip-Calder

Malts-Drapes-Cleary

Sammy-Lang-Bert

Of course i would prefer Hudler over Calder or Sammy but that wont happen, Huds will be the odd man out again.

He always looks handcuffed everytime the puck is near him and he just skates by and plows into somebody taking a penalty just because of his size. By the way that last penalty he got (tripping?) i thought was an extremely weak call. I keep screaming at him to do something but when he tries he ususally just gets a penalty :(

Agree. Bert looked like he was going to get around the Shark player and have a play on net. The Shark player throws his leg and arm out to try and slow Bert down. Bert simply drove through a check and got called for tripping? He even had the puck so it wasn't like he "tripped" the guy off the puck.

Anyway...

esteef

I'd love to be proven wrong. I said it when we traded for him. He is not the same player he used to be. I'm not gonna sit here and get negative on the guy, our team is still very much alive and we don't need that s***. But he has been invisible, except for a decent game against Calgary when he got a few points. And then, what do I see last night? Of all the stupid boneheaded plays that got under my skin - I see him aiming for a guys head with his elbow, and he sure is lucky he didn't fully connect. THIS IS NOT WHAT I WANT TO SEE FROM ANYONE WEARING THE WINGED WHEEL. Boy, he really isn't a difference maker anymore is he?

It's more than 1 game. He looks invisible out there, gives up the shot way too much to pass and just looks lost.

I was bashed for dissecting his game or what was left of it when he first came here, but now here we go .. difference maker he really is not. And I don't wanna start going back and forth on this because it does bother me that he doesn't seem to be able to find his game. I'm just wondering if this is it. And again - he's not the only one. Calder, Sammy, Lang ...