• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
WingNut199

Attention Wings Fans: Stop being so cocky

Rate this topic

I was just inspiring to start this thread after reading the newest posts for the past couple hours..

And it seem to me that a lot of Wings fans are WAY TO confident about how this series will end well for the boys in red (In particular comments made on the thread, "Go Ducks").

Last series the boards were filled with sheer respect for what San Jose brought to the table throughout the series, yet I find it strange that after defeating the sharks in 6 (which could have easily been lost), that the vast majority of you seem so sure that this series will be a cake walk.

I can't help but defend the new Duckie fans that are being laughed at when they suggest that just maybe the Ducks could beat the Wings, by reminding everyone that the ducks finished 2nd behind the wings for a reason...actually a lot of reasons; including their size, skill, experience, goaltending, and most importantly IMO, their defense.

So please, try to remember this next time a Duck fan voices their opinion of why they feel the Duckies will defeat detroit even if that Duckie fan somehow thinks it will happen by game 4

GO WINGS!!!!!!!!!!

Guest Crymson

I was just inspiring to start this thread after reading the newest posts for the past couple hours..

And it seem to me that a lot of Wings fans are WAY TO confident about how this series will end well for the boys in red (In particular comments made on the thread, "Go Ducks").

Last series the boards were filled with sheer respect for what San Jose brought to the table throughout the series, yet I find it strange that after defeating the sharks in 6 (which could have easily been lost), that the vast majority of you seem so sure that this series will be a cake walk.

I can't help but defend the new Duckie fans that are being laughed at when they suggest that just maybe the Ducks could beat the Wings, by reminding everyone that the ducks finished 2nd behind the wings for a reason...actually a lot of reasons; including their size, skill, experience, goaltending, and most importantly IMO, their defense.

So please, try to remember this next time a Duck fan voices their opinion of why they feel the Duckies will defeat detroit even if that Duckie fan somehow thinks it will happen by game 4

GO WINGS!!!!!!!!!!

It does not matter if we are cocky. It does not matter if we do not fear the Ducks. It does not matter if we are overconfident, nor if we dismiss any strengths the Ducks might have.

It only matters if the Wings are such, and if they play well.

To everyone: I mean no disrespect to Wingnut, but I TOTALLY disagree with this post! Be as positive as you may be--though no member of the team visits this site (probably--one never knows!!)--give the team every bit of support you can!

Edited by Crymson

<_< BLAH BLAH BLAH and you don't think the other teams would be flooding our board if the ybeat us???????? If i remember correctly the Shark fans said they wanted to play us because it was an easier matchup, and after beating the best goalie (Kipper) and the best youngest, and biggest team (Sharks) i think we earn the right to be a bit more confident in our team. So if you have a problem with people saying the are confident the Wings can get it done because of what they have shown then you aren't a wings fan. What else are we supposed to do complain because we are in the WCF?????? <_<

What?

Sorry you got it all wrong. Anaheim fans are the ones coming on here and being OVERLY confident and cocky. They've pretty much bashed everything about the Wings basically stating they have no chance. Are we not suppose to defend our team? No way are we the cocky ones. We aren't dismissing the fact that the Ducks could win this series, but we don't care to have Ducks fans come on here and say Detroit is done before the thing even begins. It's pathetic.

Allow me to say though, this goes both ways.

Granted, I know NOTHING about these boards, having lurked since Calgary's goalie slashed a Wings player in the first round (I wanted to see the Flames get slammed, what can I say?). However, most evidence of cockiness I have seen is in response to a Ducks fan being cocky. If it isn't the case though, so what? The cockiness of NHL fans is what I love about the sport. I love the reckless arguing and personal attacks that come with it, because it represents the passion of the fans for their team. I know the rules don't express that, but this is all in good fun.

Also, like Crymson mentioned, our posts really have no effect on the players (I will eat my words if a Wings or Ducks player actually reads these posts :P )

It does not matter if we are cocky. It does not matter if we do not fear the Ducks. It does not matter if we are overconfident, nor if we dismiss any strengths the Ducks might have.

It only matters if the Wings are such, and if they play well.

To everyone: I mean no disrespect to Wingnut, but I TOTALLY disagree with this post! Be as positive as you may be--though no member of the team visits this site (probably--one never knows!!)--give the team every bit of support you can!

My point wasn't that the overconfidence on the boards was going to affect the way the Wings played in the series..I know what we say doesn't reach the locker room.

My point was that we should be respectful to Duckie fan's views and not get so overconfident just because we beat San Jose.. Its a totally different series and I feel like this one will be just as tough if not tougher than the last

From what I have been reading most of the day, the posts that are getting slammed are the ones from fans who are not educated on the Wings or even the Ducks for that matter. More than likely they read a few lines on ESPN or TSN and decided to string them together to make a very weak point as to why their team will win. If you post weak statements on a forum then you open yourself up for all the responses. If they can't handle it, then they shouldn't hang...simple as that. Don't take Wings fans to task for defending their team...the site is "letsgowings.com" not "ducklovers.com"

From what I have been reading most of the day, the posts that are getting slammed are the ones from fans who are not educated on the Wings or even the Ducks for that matter. More than likely they read a few lines on ESPN or TSN and decided to string them together to make a very weak point as to why their team will win. If you post weak statements on a forum then you open yourself up for all the responses. If they can't handle it, then they shouldn't hang...simple as that. Don't take Wings fans to task for defending their team...the site is "letsgowings.com" not "ducklovers.com"

I can't really argue with that statement

I can be as cocky as I want... being a fella and all I sorta have one... As stated above... Fans can be however pumped or unpumped they want to be... case and point being... WE AREN'T PLAYING... therefore no matter what we do it doesn't affect the outcome in the grand scheme of things.

I say wings will dismantle the Mighty Foul quite easily... if they don't will it be my fault? hell no... if they do will it be because of my post? Hell No. So what's the big deal?

The Mighty Fouls Fans are coming into OUR HOUSE... I am not going into theirs....yeah, I don't really care how they feel about THEIR team in here. :)

Edited by OsGOD

When a team puts together a deep playoff run, it's only natural that people will let the excitement and team passion get the best of them. It's what sports fans do. Those of us still on planet Earth know that this will not be an easy series for either team, but I'm still not about to go around telling those who don't to be less confident in their team.

There will ALWAYS be people who are overly confident to the point of homerism for every sports team in existence, especially during playoff time. Sure it can be annoying and lead to ridiculous arguments, but there's nothing we can do to stop it.

You're right in that some are a little overconfident, some taking offense of experts picking Anahiem in the series, etc. I just brush it off as many simply being exited because the Wings haven't been in the conference finals since 2002.

I can be as cocky as I want... being a fella and all I sorta have one... As stated above... Fans can be however pumped or unpumped they want to be... case and point being... WE AREN'T PLAYING... therefore no matter what we do it doesn't affect the outcome in the grand scheme of things.

I say wings will dismantle the Mighty Foul quite easily... if they don't will it be my fault? hell no... if they do will it be because of my post? Hell No. So what's the big deal?

The Mighty Fouls Fans are coming into OUR HOUSE... I am not going into theirs....yeah, I don't really care how they feel about THEIR team in here. :)

You're right, you can be as cocky and arrogant as you want.. just didn't know that was something to aspire to

Last series the boards were filled with sheer respect for what San Jose brought to the table throughout the series

That partly stemmed from the fact that MOST Sharks fans came here to discuss the strengths and weaknesses of both teams in an intelligent manner, and did it respectfully. I haven't seen that from our SoCal visitors.

We're allowed to be cocky anyways, this is our board. Most of us recognize the Ducks strengths, but we're too preoccupied by the stream of drivel to discuss it.

Edited by LionsAndRedwingsAndPistonsOhMy

[triumph the insult comic dog]

insert his trademark phrase

[/triumph the insult comic dog]

:scared:

can you come up with a solid reason why we should not be confident going into this series...are they faster, bigger, younger, better goalie, better defense? WHAT all of those things you say...well then... thus far history has proven that while all of these may be the case, as a whole WE are a BETTER team. Fortunately a team is not the sum of its parts but also includes numerous intangibles that are frequently overlooked.

Frankly I enjoy the cocksure swagger the fans have been displaying around here.

brutus

*i stole the cocksure swagger comment...i once heard it in reference to david lee roth with van halen....one of my favorite sayings ever since..plus it sounds dirty but is not :P

Guest Tunbo Batman

i agree that its bad to talk about the wings accomplishments as if they were our own.

however, its irritating to see 123 new people a day come in here and yell "OMFG DUX IN FOUR LOLOL TOO BIG TOO STROGN ROFL!!!!!11!1"

As a fan, isn't being a little cocky what Playoff hockey is all about? Red Wings fans want the Red Wings to win, Ducks fans want the Ducks to win, both sides are going to express why they think their team will win and why the other team will lose. If we wern't a little cocky then we wouldn't be very good fans.

Edited by Elshupacabra

Guest Crymson

My point wasn't that the overconfidence on the boards was going to affect the way the Wings played in the series..I know what we say doesn't reach the locker room.

My point was that we should be respectful to Duckie fan's views and not get so overconfident just because we beat San Jose.. Its a totally different series and I feel like this one will be just as tough if not tougher than the last

I am of course in favor of always respecting fans from other teams. However, being cocky does not necessarily denote disrespect.

you said you have read all the posts..then you would know that they only get what they give. really man this is another usless thread.

Guest GodofHockeyStevieY19

Bulls***. We have all the reason in the world to be cocky. We were picked to lose against the Flames. And we ended it in 6. The Sharks were picked to DESTROY us and we kicked their asses in 6(3 games no Homer, 2 games no Schneider). And didn't just win, but dominated. The only thing that would make me hesitate on any cockyness would be the loss of Schneider. But as we seen, we have so many guys that step up from night to night, that we looked just as good if not better without him. I would take him back in a heartbeat dont get me wrong, but right now we are on a mission. And I see us ending the series against the Ducks in 6. Thats not cockyness, thats just real talk.

Eh, I don't know how I feel. On one hand it's hilarious to see the same fans who thought the Wings were finished when they were down by 2 in game 4, are the same ones who are saying the Wings will kill the ducks. Along those lines, the Wings haven't won anything yet, so let's hope the fans remember that.

On the other hand, I don't see anything wrong with a little trash talking between the fans of both teams. Both sides really believe in their teams, nothing wrong with that.

Just can't wait for the puck to be dropped Friday night.

Guest GordieSid&Ted

I am of course in favor of always respecting fans from other teams. However, being cocky does not necessarily denote disrespect.

First off, I agree that alot of what's being said here that could be deemed disrespectful to Ducks fans has started because some Duck fan came in and instead of posting something to contribute to the forum, they just lash out at the Wings or try to demean our team and people are responding to it.

For me, i've been saying all along its going to be the toughest series. Personally, i think the Ducks are a WAY, WAY, WAY better team than the Sharks. I think what troubles me is that people are so hyped (as they should be) some are starting to get out of control with it. What I mean is this is a 50/50 series at best, I don't think either team is going to dominate. That being said, one can be as cocky and arrogant as they want so long as they don't lose grasp of reality. I mean, how many people on here do we see that are fired up and rah, rah are we going to see afterwards should we lose (heaven forbid) crying for heads and wanting us to fire Holland and dismantle the team? This is going to be a heck of a series and I hope we win it. but if we don't i'm just cringing at the thought of having to browse over thread after thread of whining and complaining about how we suck and holland sucks and blah, blah, when any rational person knows this series is going to be hard as hell to win.