• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Zeta Power 40

ECF GAME 1 : OTT @ BUF 7:00pm

Rate this topic

I really like Ottawa tonight for some reason. Here's hoping we get some brawls started. We all remember this past season how these teams hated each other. I'm lookin forward to this matchup.

What are all of your predictions for tonight?

Edited by Zeta Power 40

While the Sabres are quick, they are far too small and weak to hang with the mighty Senators. I say this quasi-tongue-in-cheek, but it's true. When I had the CenterIce package I watched a ton of the Senators - I've always loved that team. I watched most of the Sabres in the playoffs so far, and I think at best they are the most opportunistic team in the playoffs. They pounce on a mistake better than anyone. They have Mr. Clutch in Drury, feisty little phuque Briere. . but I think the only real physical forward was their excellent pickup Zubrus. He's VERY good, and underrated.

I think the top line on the Sens got 23 points! versus the Devils, that's amazing.

Emery vs. Miller = draw

Forwards: Slight advantage Senators

Defense: BIG advantage Senators.

I like the Sens tonight, and a split in Buffalo.. both at the Scotiabank place to the Sens, and to satisfy the home fans, they'll lose game 5, and win a trip to the Cup Finals back in Kanata. Sens in 6!

May the best team win... and by best team, I mean the team with the most goals at the end of 60mins!

Emery has got to drop the gloves, well okay, blocker and catcher... he needs to fight.

This should be a barn burner... I can't say I care who wins but meeting and beating Ottawa in the final would be very nice... please feel free to pound the heck out of each other!

Should be a great series.

I am looking forward to watching these two teams play eachother.

I hope this becomes a really physical series, considering their past.

However, Buffalo will take it in 6, there just to good to be knocked out.

That and they want to make the S.C.F. really bad, since they were a game away last year.

Nothing will be made of their season brawl during this series, they will play to win, which means putting the team first and not taking any stupid penalties.....

Go Sens, I say the Sens pull this one out 4-3 in OT

You know, the more I think about it, the more I predict Ottawa taking this. It'll be close, but I think they'll do it. Emery isn't on a hotstreak like Lundqvist was but he's good enough and on every other spot Ottawa is clearly superior to the Rangers that, with a bit of luck, could actually have beat Buffalo. Buffalo won't be able to contain Alfy-Spezza-Heatley...There's no chance...

No predictions, should be some outstanding hockey though. I like Buffalo alot, I was really disappointed that they weren't able to make it to the Finals last year, but here's why I hope the Sens win:

1.) So they can shake that perennial underachiever label ("Wings of the East," if you will). We know all about it, and it's no fun. ;)

2.) Selfish reason comin' up: Sens give Wings home ice in a potential SCF match up, Sabres do not. :P

Can't wait for this game. I say Buffalo wins 4-3, but Ottawa wins game 2. There's something about Ottawa that makes me feel that they will win this series.

I really look forward to this game. Should be a treat!

I see Buffalo taking this game, but in the end I see it being Ottawa who takes the series. Something just looks right for the Sens this year.