• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Matt

Post-GAME 1: Red Wings 2, Ducks 1

Rate this topic

please don't get draperfan started on bert...we are all really tired of seeing that.

I've been getting mixed signals from him. Is it true that he does not, in fact, like Todd Bertuzzi? Draperfan, please set the record straight once and for all.

please don't get draperfan started on bert...we are all really tired of seeing that.

LMAO, isn't that the truth. Although, I am passed the annoyance stage and moving on to the slighly humorous stage with him/her.

I personally think that was an ugly game for us. Especially Bertuzzi, Calder, Lang, and Chelios.

We really didn't get that many great chances on net, and I would even argue that both goals we scored wouldn't even be considered scoring chances. Yes part of that is because of penalty killing, but before everyone starts whining about how bad the refs sucked, let me point out that they did make a handful of reasonable calls, and for the most part its our own fault that these calls were made; Anaheim was winning the small battles in the corners and in front of the net and forcing us to take the penalty. There were too many bad attempts at clearing the zone, and an equal amount of bad passes/turnovers.

The good news is that our first line and our defensman really came to play tonight, and fortunately thats all we needed for the win.

I personally think that was an ugly game for us. Especially Bertuzzi, Calder, Lang, and Chelios.

We really didn't get that many great chances on net, and I would even argue that both goals we scored wouldn't even be considered scoring chances. Yes part of that is because of penalty killing, but before everyone starts whining about how bad the refs sucked, let me point out that they did make a handful of reasonable calls, and for the most part its our own fault that these calls were made; Anaheim was winning the small battles in the corners and in front of the net and forcing us to take the penalty. There were too many bad attempts at clearing the zone, and an equal amount of bad passes/turnovers.

The good news is that our first line and our defensman really came to play tonight, and fortunately thats all we needed for the win.

Even though it was definitely ugly, I was relieved by it. In years past, the Wings were the ones losing this game.

Edited by Wings_Rule_1010

The probem with the officiating wasn't so much the calls against us, but the missed calls against the Ducks -- and there were a lot of them. There's no doubt in my mind that had the game been more fairly officiated, the Wings would have looked more impressive. Which isn't to say our PK was anything to scoff at.

Hockey Live is on VS right now!!

Uhh the games over,how can it be live? :blink:

Seeing what? All I see is:

You have chosen to ignore all posts from: Draperfan.

· View this post

· Un-ignore Draperfan

:)

Later,

Jeff

This is the internet they wont ignore me trust me....even you :lol:

You know what's going to be downright brutal... If the Wings drop Game 2 (god forbid) we're going to be up to our ears in "WINGS ARE LUCKY THIS SERIES IS TIED" bulls***.

Were they two fluky goals? Absolutely. Welcome to the sport of hockey. You fight hard, get power plays, and bounce pucks off of people. As if the Ducks have never scored a fluky goal... Say, a series winner while the goalie was dicking around trying to call a penalty...

Uhh the games over,how can it be live? :blink:

It's the title of the NHL program that is on VS. It is basically NHL's Sportscenter.

Edited by rage

haha i love your intensity, KP...and I totally agree.

What can I say? I can get intense during the playoffs. :P

Just another note on Perry: This man is such a girl that he picks Datsyuk and Samulesson to go after. "We're coming for you Pavel. You tell Samulesson we're coming for him too." I have to say, Perry is a real puss. I'd like to see him say this to Bertuzzi or Markov. He'd get his ass beat if he did.

Agreed on all but Chelios. I thought he was great until he got pummeled to the ice - dirty dirty shot. I thought he was a bit shaky after that - and he lost the puck on a shift not too long thereafter. But our defense is totally depleted, so he's gonna be out there no matter what. I thought he did an OK job considering. The other 3 have essentially been the same throughout the playoffs - I don't think at this point we can suddenly expect a miracle improvement. Their minutes have been limited by Babcock. I give Lang full credit for his two series-turning goals, but he still has some work to do....Bert, well, enough has been said, I will refrain....

Guest Crymson

Mine:

3rd Star: Lidstrom. He always has a place in the top 3.

2nd Star: Lilja. Don't shoot me, please: this guy was GREAT on the penalty kills, most notably kicking some ass during that 5 on 3.

1st Star: Hasek. Gotta hand it to him; he really came through tonight. He's always spectacular, but he showed some of his early-30s play tonight. Wow!

Guest REDWINGS4LYFE

3rd star Todd Bertuzzi had a lot of soild checks

2nd star Nick Lidstrom

1st star Dominick freakin hasek