• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Matt

Post-GAME 1: Red Wings 2, Ducks 1

Rate this topic

Poke Corey Perry on Facebook. I read an SI article about college athletes getting poked by thousands of opposing fans just to annoy them. Perry is easy to find on FB, and it is really him.

Woo boy! I worked up a sweat jumping around and fist pumping after that GWG. Jeeze.

Two things I would like to point out:

1. Did anyone see Cleary after the second goal? They did a shot of the bench and everyone was psyched obviously, but Cleary was jumping up and down in absolute glee. He is LOVING this. And I am loving that he is busting every second of every shift.

2. These hooking/holding calls are getting a little ridiculous. I know they want to get it out of the game, but when a stick rests on a pant leg for a second, and progress isn't impeded, why is a call necessary? I dunno.

I haven't read through any of this thread yet so a lot of the stuff you'll see here has likely already been mentioned many times.

First off, Dominek Hasek. Unreal. He absolutely stole this game. How huge was the glove save on Penner? I LOVE YOU DOMINATOR.

Zetterberg and Datsyuk were all over the ice tonight, they both had amazing games. I was honestly a bit skeptical that our top line would be able to generate offense against Pronger and Niedermayer, but boy did those two show up tonight. Hopefully we can expect more of the same in the rest of the series.

Our PP looked great out there, even without Schnieds on the point. I thought Samuelsson had a great game at the point. PK was great as usual, I loved that huge block by Lilja in the first while on the PK.

Bertuzzi looked pretty good out there tonight I thought, he used his body a lot more and he generated a couple scoring chances. There's still a lot of room for improvement though, but if he ever gets back into full form then watch out. We'll need some secondary scoring going forward in this series so hopefully Bertuzzi and Calder can get something going.

All that aside now, great way to kick off the series. Reffing was brutal, but I'm glad we fought through it. Let's hope for a similar result on Sunday!

Perfect post! Dead on!

Woo boy! I worked up a sweat jumping around and fist pumping after that GWG. Jeeze.

Two things I would like to point out:

1. Did anyone see Cleary after the second goal? They did a shot of the bench and everyone was psyched obviously, but Cleary was jumping up and down in absolute glee. He is LOVING this. And I am loving that he is busting every second of every shift.

2. These hooking/holding calls are getting a little ridiculous. I know they want to get it out of the game, but when a stick rests on a pant leg for a second, and progress isn't impeded, why is a call necessary? I dunno.

I totally noticed that. My sister and I were cracking up at how excited he got. Nice to see that kind of emotion. :thumbup:

That said, I am getting sick of hearing some players say that basically the only reason the Wings won was because of bounces. How about good defense? Good goaltending?

Guest Tunbo Batman

there goes Duck in 3.

actually, now Wing in 3 is possible :P

And give him the satisfaction of seeing his name in everyone's sigs? HELLZ NO! Also, I'm not a part of this club as I never ignore anyone.

HC, did you see I called a win? I'm undefeated when I call that we will win!! GO team me!

LOL

Good call, Offsides. Consider the request withdrawn.

We now return you to the resounding silence of Draperfan's posts being blocked.

Ahhhhhhh, sweet silence.

Later,

Jeff

I had to work tonight and only got to see the last 9 minutes of the game! agh! i saw the nick...uhm I mean Homer's, or was it nick's? Anyway all i saw was that last goal and the frenzy to end the game

That was awesome how the crowd counted down the last couple seconds.

Ducks should be kicking their selfs on not winning when the refs tryed to give them the game.

And give him the satisfaction of seeing his name in everyone's sigs? HELLZ NO! Also, I'm not a part of this club as I never ignore anyone.

HC, did you see I called a win? I'm undefeated when I call that we will win!! GO team me!

Keep callin 'em then!

I totally noticed that. My sister and I were cracking up at how excited he got. Nice to see that kind of emotion. :thumbup:

That said, I am getting sick of hearing some players say that basically the only reason the Wings won was because of bounces. How about good defense? Good goaltending?

I think it was a pretty even game and the bounces did go the Red Wings way. There is no doubt about that. Your defense played great and so did your goalie but it came down to a couple of bounces that found the back of the net for you guys.

LOL

Good call, Offsides. Consider the request withdrawn.

We now return you to the resounding silence of Draperfan's posts being blocked.

Ahhhhhhh, sweet silence.

Later,

Jeff

Ah, he goes away the better the Wings or Bert does anyway. Runs out of things to say...

Keep callin 'em then!

I calls 'em like I sees 'em :D

Guest EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

For all those saying we didn't deserve this win I just want to point out a lil fact.

The puck crossed there goal line twice whereas it only got by Hasek Once.

All that matters.

I think it was a pretty even game and the bounces did go the Red Wings way. There is no doubt about that. Your defense played great and so did your goalie but it came down to a couple of bounces that found the back of the net for you guys.

Yeah, it is obviously true that the bounces did go the Wings way (thank God for that), but I guess I just get annoyed when players just use that as an excuse, when not just a few bounces win an entire game.... anyways, this game could have gone either way, making for a very interesting game 2.

Yeah, it is obviously true that the bounces did go the Wings way (thank God for that), but I guess I just get annoyed when players just use that as an excuse, when not just a few bounces win an entire game.... anyways, this game could have gone either way, making for a very interesting game 2.

I don't like excuses either. I think it was pretty balanced and the Wings did what it took to win the game. It will be fun series. I do think it's funny that you guys are predicting a sweep though.

I don't like excuses either. I think it was pretty balanced and the Wings did what it took to win the game. It will be fun series. I do think it's funny that you guys are predicting a sweep though.

IPB Image

:rolleyes:

Interestingly, Giggy of all people is giving the Wings credit on the goals:

"I believe in this game you create the bounces that go for you," Giguere said. (NHL.com)

That's well said, with Giggy's quote. Those bounces don't happen unless the Wings crash the net. I give him credit for saying that.

Some people might, hopefully jokingly be predicting a sweep. But I think it is going to be far from it. This series is going to be long and hard fought.

Edited by Wings_Rule_1010

I do think it's funny that you guys are predicting a sweep though.

No rational, objective Red Wings fan would make that claim unless it was made in jest or as a silly retaliatory jab at Ducks fans that predicted a sweep the other way.

Attention cocky Ducks fans..... HAHAHAHAHAHA WE WIN YOU LOSE GET USED TO IT KTHANKSBYE!

How does the humble pie taste?

Will you guys now shut up and stop being cocky?

Where is Jimmy Hoffa burried?

All these question will be answered in game 2!

So did the wings win the cup?..or did i miss something?...My mistake i guess i thought it was the best out of seven

and its not funny when 90% of DUCK fans come in here saying ducks in 3...or we are gonna sweep...we are bigger faster stronger...wings wont be able to hang with the duck....and so on and so on.

So did the wings win the cup?..or did i miss something?...My mistake i guess i thought it was the best out of seven

Very true..this series is far from over but it's nice to serve them something s***ty tasting to last a couple of days at least!!