• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Matt

Post-GAME 1: Red Wings 2, Ducks 1

Rate this topic

I'm changing my players of the game too...

1st - Todd Bertuzzi: great all around play, like thunder on ice, every time he stepped off the bench the game shifted momentously in our favor.

2nd - ....I can't help it Bert gets this spot too!

3rd - Yep, you guessed it it's the Tuzzi once again for the sweep! We should play him 60 minutes a game.

Still there Draperfan?

I'm changing my players of the game too...

1st - Todd Bertuzzi: great all around play, like thunder on ice, every time he stepped off the bench the game shifted momentously in our favor.

2nd - ....I can't help it Bert gets this spot too!

3rd - Yep, you guessed it it's the Tuzzi once again for the sweep! We should play him 60 minutes a game.

Still there Draperfan?

Of course i know ur kidding : ,you must think Bertuzzi sucks too :D

You know what's going to be downright brutal... If the Wings drop Game 2 (god forbid) we're going to be up to our ears in "WINGS ARE LUCKY THIS SERIES IS TIED" bulls***.

Were they two fluky goals? Absolutely. Welcome to the sport of hockey. You fight hard, get power plays, and bounce pucks off of people. As if the Ducks have never scored a fluky goal... Say, a series winner while the goalie was dicking around trying to call a penalty...

I will not be one of those people that says that if game 2 goes that way. It's done and over with and there is no sense in looking back and saying "what if?"

To be fair, if the Ducks had scored two goals like that, would there or would there not be people all over this board saying that those goals were flukes and that the Red Wings should have won?

I agree with Giguere in saying that you create those types of chances but I don't have to like it if those kinds of chances go in.

Edited by hiuDUCKSfan

just got back home from my friends the game was great, alot of questionable penetlys, and alot of no calls one that stuck out for me was the blanant hand pass, but who cares when it came down to it the good guys won.

Now i must once again tip my hat to one mr hasek, hell we need to put on two hats so he can two tips from each of us. Hasek was playing one of or hell just might be his best playoff game this year, really wanted him to get another shut out but cant be picky a win is a win.

gotta ride the momintium and win game 2 and head back the pond with a nice 2 game edge

DID YOU GUYS SEE HOW LOUD THE JOE WAS IN THE LAST 3 MINUTES!!!??? WHY CANT IT BE LIKE THAT THE WHOLE GAME!!!!

I wonder if fans aren't reading alot of what the press is saying. And the ones that are going to the games are trying to show why we are..and always should be hockeytown...

CONGRATS BOYZ!!

THIS IS HOCKEYTOWN, USA!!! :clap:

To be fair, if the Ducks had scored two goals like that, would there or would there not be people all over this board saying that those goals were flukes and that they should have won?

I'm sure there would have been, and I agree with Giguere, too. No matter where you go, unless it's a 5-0 whitewash or something, when the home team loses it's because they didn't get the breaks, they beat themselves, blah blah blah. After every loss in these playoffs some goofball starts up a thread like, "Wings have no heart, Flames/Sharks in 6." It's enough to drive a guy mad.

But the way the media has pumped up the Ducks for this series, anything other than a resounding win Sunday will result in the Ducks as the mighty conquerors and Detroit as the lucky underdog. That ESPN headline speaks for itself.

LOL well said :lol:

You know, of course, that if this edict should come to pass, you will be included as well....I would be careful what you wish for.

Now, that said, I was totally blown away by the killing of that 5 on 3 tonight. Andreas, Cheli, Nick, Pasha, and all the others who were out there to kill those penalties deserve a round of applause - not to mention a round of beers! I was just amazed that we did so well.

Nice to see a little bit of mean in Pasha tonight as well. Remember when someone had him down along the boards, and he got up and got a little testy? He didn't look like someone who gets called a "cream puff". I would not have crossed his path at that moment for love nor money.

And that idiot Corey Perry...he comes out with this "You're gonna get it" bulls***, but did you see him when he landed in Dom's goal? Had this "deer in the headlights" look on his face...take that, you putz.

One down, three to go...Duck a l'orange, anyone?

Hey Flip-check, any chance you could not use a 254K avatar?

That thing is monsterous.

Because of this game, Dom's earned himself two No Questions Asked trips outside of the goal crease when he gets bored again **

** So long as they occur early in the first period and the team feels in a scoring mood :lol:

If this doesn't stop the lot of you won't need to worry about being able to read anyone's post or others being able to read yours as none of you will be posting.

hahahahaha long time no talk.

man im just glad we pulled this off. i was so worried. lets hope we win the next and at least split in the mud puddle.

How great was it to see Giguere lose that game-winning puck in his massive, billowing jersey and oversized equipment? Priceless.

Took me all of two minutes to be reminded why I can't stand the Ducks. Every time we play them, it's low-scoring, defensive hockey against a goalie who's excellent and thoroughly boring to watch.

The Ducks look very strong, though. Dom stole one tonight.

How great was it to see Giguere lose that game-winning puck in his massive, billowing jersey and oversized equipment? Priceless.

Took me all of two minutes to be reminded why I can't stand the Ducks. Every time we play them, it's low-scoring, defensive hockey against a goalie who's excellent and thoroughly boring to watch.

The Ducks look very strong, though. Dom stole one tonight.

Yeah, Dom was awesome. Great to know we have someone back there that can steal a game for us. Or maybe even a series if needed!

I can't wait for Sunday!!

I was at work, busy bar and restaurant, and for the duration of the game I was pretty distracted. The last few mins, I was pretty much useless, haha. Well, I would like see us take the game to them in #2, but with the W, and Doms unreal performance I must say I am very happy.

The refs may have let one or two slide on us, but they were absolutly brutal tonight. Both sides suffered, but particilary us. There were atleast 4 or 5, more than obvious (to the point where the TSN announcers were calling it) that should have be called on the Ducks.

Oh well, we draw first blood in the series and are gunna keep going. Big Win!! Go Wings!!! Love you Dom!!!

I am just thinking of the immortal words of Jay (from Jay and Silent Bob). "Go back to your paper routes you Mighty Duck fu**s"

I would love to hear Chelly saying to Dom " I know there just kids but we kicked there pubeless asses"

GO WINGS!!!!! Only 3 more to go!!!!!

You know, of course, that if this edict should come to pass, you will be included as well....I would be careful what you wish for.

Now, that said, I was totally blown away by the killing of that 5 on 3 tonight. Andreas, Cheli, Nick, Pasha, and all the others who were out there to kill those penalties deserve a round of applause - not to mention a round of beers! I was just amazed that we did so well.

Nice to see a little bit of mean in Pasha tonight as well. Remember when someone had him down along the boards, and he got up and got a little testy? He didn't look like someone who gets called a "cream puff". I would not have crossed his path at that moment for love nor money.

And that idiot Corey Perry...he comes out with this "You're gonna get it" bulls***, but did you see him when he landed in Dom's goal? Had this "deer in the headlights" look on his face...take that, you putz.

One down, three to go...Duck a l'orange, anyone?

What a punk... Pavel just casually looked at him like "who the f*ck are you?" That was so lame of Perry... Pavel was too busy dancing around 27 and 44 out there to care. You could tell that Perry meant to run into Cheli too... they know we are short on d... When Calgary tried to goon it up, we responded well--we have to do it again.

Edited by dicksmack

What a punk... Pavel just casually looked at him like "who the f*ck are you?" That was so lame of Perry... Pavel was too busy dancing around 27 and 44 out there to care. You could tell that Perry meant to run into Cheli too... they know we are short on d... When Calgary tried to goon it up, we responded well--we have to do it again.

true dat..

I agre about that hit on Cheli by Perry. It clearly looked like he coudl have gotten out of the way there. Ridiculous. Had he injured Chelios there I'd be looking for the league to suspend him...ridiculous.

Play hard, but play fair. My God.

The no calls were ridiculous. The obvious hand pass was the most amazing to me. The Niedermeyer take down of Pavel was questionable too IMHO. The officiating has been so inconsistent for the whole playoffs.

As far as fluky goals, I think you make your own luck. Throw the puck at the net, you never know what might happen. I think we are going to see more of those types of goals since it is so hard to get anything past the Michelin Man.

Yeah I thought the reffing was horrid again last night, not just because they put us down 5-3 and 4-3 on what could be considered very weak calls, but because of everything they let go. Can you honestly sit there and tell me that the Ducks played the first period clean enough to get 1 penalty called on them? I mean come on. Every time VS showed Holmstrom doing his work in front of the net, the puck was nowhere to be seen and there's pronger hacking away on him. That was a penalty early in the regular season. That, not to mention the clear hand-over-puck incident, and many others. I think the WIngs got away with some as well.

I think Niedermeyer took a clear dive when Zetts took him down.

But what makes me proud is the red wings looked very good on the PK and for once, they were falling all over the ice trying to block shots!!!!!!!! That was maybe the most impressive thing I saw out of them last night. They were actually sprawling out to stop the shots instead of going into a cocoon on their feet and blocking about 1 foot of ice.

I think the wings will get it going offensively too. They didnt' really play that well last night in my opinion.