• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Matt

Post-GAME 1: Red Wings 2, Ducks 1

Rate this topic

Also, Corey Perry is pathetic. What an absolute woman. "hey Pavel... tell Samuelsson he's gonna get it. You're gonna get it too." I must've missed what they got.
Perry was obviously talking about the 1-0 series lead. :D

we are a gritty blue collar team
Err, no, we're not. We're old and soft and the Fla...Shar...we're gonna get killed. Edited by Systemfel

I love your avatar. Do you have a full sized version or know where I can find it?

You bet. Snagged it from the Red Wings site, IIRC. Just check out the official site and go to the gallery... at least I THINK that's where I snagged it. Let me know if you can't find it.

Later,

Jeff

This has got to be one of the rare moments where post-game coverage actually includes the press conf with the coaches. Mike's looking good up there fielding the questions.

It's hilarious listening to that bottle cap twist and untwist on the mic though.

I must say, I thought Datsyuk played extremely well today, even mixing it up a little. IMO, he did basically whatever he wanted around Pronger today.

The only way Pronger could stop Dats was to illegally obstruct him. Strangely, he never got called for it. <_<

Good Win for the Wings!!!

Not the greatest game played by the Wings, but good enough to win!!

I love having Homer in front of that net!!

3 to go!!

7 to go

I guess you watched an alternate version of the presser. The one I saw, Carlyle specifically said, "You have to give credit to the opposition, Hasek played well."

What I saw was:

"Hasek was good, but I thought we missed quite a few empty nets."

That pissed me off too.

"He's a good goalie. Had a couple good stops."

<_<

Let the airheads say what they want WE know who really gets the props of the game. :P

See, let this be a lesson to Wings and their fans. Looks like Melrose might be right after all. The Wings have had it easy until now, but this stunning upset by the Ducks win tonight was all due to their size, speed, grit, and it's obvious that their will to win that is simply orders of magnitude beyond anything that the outclassed, outsized Wings could ever hope to conjure or match.

BTW, I couldn't get my network stream working, so I wasn't able to see or hear the game, but many thanks to the my brother-in-law in Anaheim, a Ducks fan who kept me updated with information on the Ducks 7-0 shutout victory in Game 1. With his descriptions I practically saw Pronger's five shorthanded goals, and felt like I was there on the ice myself. My condolences for the 8 Wings that had to be carried off on stretchers.

Oh. One last thing.

moohoohahaha.

I was so confused reading this at first!! Then I couldn't stop laughing!!! WELL DONE!!!

GO WINGS!!!

Dont get ahead of yourself,its only 1 win its supposed to be the best of seven

Do you ever add anything of value here, or do you just like to make yourself sound stupid?

Isnt there another board you would rather go and join?

If I was Anaheim I would be a little worried..they played a pretty good game and we were obviously a little off tonight..we can and will get better which is bad new for the Ducks. As for the people who are bashing some of our players...cmon celebrate the win!!!

A sweep is still possible :ph34r:

:lol:

A sweep would be sweet but I just care that the Wings get 4 out of 7 to advance.

Bring that Cup home Boys!! :lol:

Well that was a great game, we ended up with one more point on the board but by no means does that mean we were the better team. As far as I'm concerned that game could have gone to a coin-flip. This should be a great series.

Also was it just me or when Perry was doing his whole "You're gonna get it" act it sounded like he was choking back emotions and it was interfering with his tone a bit. Nearly sounded like he was about to cry, I have a niece who does this, she's 8.