• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
bigjob

assortment of Duck fan comments

Rate this topic

I dont think the wings were better because they scored

Typically when you score on the power play and hold the other team score-less on the power play, you're doing better on special teams.

But we've been hearing this "The Wings didn't win; we lost" business all postseason-long, so it's no surprise that everyone and his mom is spewing it right now.

i'm all for fans of the 'duck' saying how much luck detroit had tonight. I'm okay with them saying that the 'duck' gave the wings the game. But when ESPN has this on their front page of espn.com....

Ducks Give Wings Game 1

A bad penalty late Friday night and even worse luck led to Detroit's 2-1 victory in Game 1 of the Western finals.

...i think its gone too far. I mean, s***, give us some credit for winning a ******* game.

How exactly ???? The game was even, I saw no advantage to the red wings in any area besides lucky bounces. Both goalies played amazing but the Wings didn't outplay the ducks, and the Ducks didnt Outplay the Wings

i would have to agree with this..they both played hard and we got the lucky bounces...but a win is a win no matter how the puck goes in.

My favorite thread from their board was talking about how Holmstrom and Maltby are dirty players and that the entire Red Wings team has been a "dirty" team for years. So I guess sitting in front of the goalie and taking God-only-knows how many shots to the back and legs makes you a dirty player. Frustrated 13-year-olds are hilarious.

Yeah, I'm reading them right now, and it's way too funny. Ducks fans are pathetic. Most of them can't type a proper sentence either.

So far, San Jose fans > Calgary fans >>> Anaheim Sucks fans.

They of course say that we didn't deserve the win, the refs were against the Ducks, VS was against the Ducks, etc.

Easily the most ridiculous comments of them all.

Detroit 7 penalties, Anaheim 4 penalties (minus matching penalties).........sure sounds like the refs were against the Ducks. :nonono:

yes ducks need Power play and the PK looked weaker than normal as far as letting your guys pass it around. I dont think the wings were better because they scored, i think the ducks were worse because they didnt in that category with more opportunities.

So ill give it too you the wings were better on special teams but i think the game evens out

I hear what you're saying, but the game doesn't even out because the Wings lead the series 1-0. The thing is, Detroit didn't play 5-on-5 anywhere near what they are normally capable of, but found a way to win. The difference here is heart if you ask me. That's what decided game 1.

Not to say Anaheim doesn't have it, but they didn't have as much in game 1, and their PP proved it.

Easily the most ridiculous comments of them all.

Detroit 7 penalties, Anaheim 4 penalties (minus matching penalties).........sure sounds like the refs were against the Ducks. :nonono:

I hear what you're saying, but the game doesn't even out because the Wings lead the series 1-0. The thing is, Detroit didn't play 5-on-5 anywhere near what they are normally capable of, but found a way to win. The difference here is heart if you ask me. That's what decided game 1.

Not to say Anaheim doesn't have it, but they didn't have as much in game 1, and their PP proved it.

Frustration is probably what you would be feeling if the goals that decided the game were scored in that way. I agree that the game was won on special teams tonight but if you think that Detroit didn't play to the level they are capable of on 5-5, I am going to say the Ducks didn't play anywhere near the level they have on the PK or the PP. I will give some credit to the wings though since they made some nice plays but I also have watched the Ducks all season and know their PK is much better than it showed tonight.

As far as penalties go I will admit that the refs made some questionable calls against the Wings and missed some against the Ducks but the also missed some against the Wings as well. I am not going to say that the refs were the determining factor in the game tonight but the bad calls went both ways.

I think both teams showed heart tonight and Detroit's was just a little bit bigger tonight.

Game 2 is going to be just as close and just as tough.

Edited by hiuDUCKSfan

Frustration is probably what you would be feeling if the goals that decided the game were scored in that way. I agree that the game was won on special teams tonight but if you think that Detroit didn't play to the level they are capable of on 5-5, I am going to say the Ducks didn't play anywhere near the level they have on the PK or the PP. I will come some credit to the wings though since they made some nice plays but I also have watched the Ducks all season and know their PK is much better than it showed tonight.

As far as penalties go I will admit that the refs made some questionable calls against the Wings and missed some against the Ducks but the also missed some against the Wings as well. I am not going to say that the refs were the determining factor in the game tonight but the bad calls went both ways.

I think both teams showed heart tonight and Detroit's was just a little bit bigger tonight.

Game 2 is going to be just as close and just as tough.

As a Wings fan, I completely agree with this assessment. The Wings got a couple lucky bounces, and were able to pull out the win. Dom normally wouldn't allow that goal that he did, but the Ducks were able to capitalize (credit them). I would agree that the Ducks didn't play on the PP/PK up to their ability, and the Wings were able to sneak theirs in.

What's interesting, is next game the Wings should play up to their ability during 5-on-5 play, and Anaheim will play better on the PP/PK. It should make for an intersting game.

I am not going to say that the refs were the determining factor in the game tonight but the bad calls went both ways.

I'm not trying to piss you off, but the refs were not a factor tonight, because Detroit came out on top. Don't get me wrong, the refs missed calls both ways, but its hard to deny the Ducks didn't get the better of the calls tonight.

Here's looking forward to a great game 2.

As a Wings fan, I completely agree with this assessment. The Wings got a couple lucky bounces, and were able to pull out the win. Dom normally wouldn't allow that goal that he did, but the Ducks were able to capitalize (credit them). I would agree that the Ducks didn't play on the PP/PK up to their ability, and the Wings were able to sneak theirs in.

What's interesting, is next game the Wings should play up to their ability during 5-on-5 play, and Anaheim will play better on the PP/PK. It should make for an intersting game.

No doubt that this series is going to be frustrating for both sides as both these teams battle it out. I think it will be interesting to see how the teams adjust and how the goalies react. I would expect to see more traffic in front of Hasek to try and create some bounces and rebounds that he can't pick up.

I thought it was a good shot by Kunitz. I don't know what Dom's normal goals are but I figured if one like that got by him it was a decent shot. He played a great game though and did what it took to get a win.

No doubt that this series is going to be frustrating for both sides as both these teams battle it out. I think it will be interesting to see how the teams adjust and how the goalies react. I would expect to see more traffic in front of Hasek to try and create some bounces and rebounds that he can't pick up.

I thought it was a good shot by Kunitz. I don't know what Dom's normal goals are but I figured if one like that got by him it was a decent shot. He played a great game though and did what it took to get a win.

No doubt it was a great shot by Kunitz, but it seemed like Dom was cheating over a bit (which surprised me). The positional game he played on the 31 saves he made is more his game.

If I were Carlyle, I would absolutely plant more guys in front of Dom. That's how you beat him. Much like Giggy, if he sees the puck, its not going to go in (99% of the time). That's where both DET and ANA will score their goals in this series.

No doubt it was a great shot by Kunitz, but it seemed like Dom was cheating over a bit (which surprised me). The positional game he played on the 31 saves he made is more his game.

If I were Carlyle, I would absolutely plant more guys in front of Dom. That's how you beat him. Much like Giggy, if he sees the puck, its not going to go in (99% of the time). That's where both DET and ANA will score their goals in this series.

The problem with the Ducks PP is that it is too predictable. Everyone in the universe knows that it is either going to be Pronger on the point or Teemu on the left circle (or right if you are looking from the goalie's perspective). The Red Wings did a great job of putting bodies in the way of those two and as a result made the PP difficult for us. The best chance we got on the PP we put off the crossbar.

With positional goalies like Dom and Jiggy though you make life interesting when you put bodies in front of them i.e. the Holmstrom goal.

I'm not trying to piss you off, but the refs were not a factor tonight, because Detroit came out on top. Don't get me wrong, the refs missed calls both ways, but its hard to deny the Ducks didn't get the better of the calls tonight.

Here's looking forward to a great game 2.

I agree but here is why I also think that there were a lot of calls against the Wings. I think the refs are trying to stop the holding and hooking penalties as much as possible and as a result are calling terrible penalties like some of the ones tonight. I could be wrong and I am trying to be as unbiased as possible when I say this but I think the Ducks penalties that weren't called were more along the lines of interference and things like that. Unfortunately most of the Wings penalties were for holding and that is why they were called. I am in no way saying I think that is the way it should be. That is just my opinion on why it could have been that way.

The problem with the Ducks PP is that it is too predictable. Everyone in the universe knows that it is either going to be Pronger on the point or Teemu on the left circle (or right if you are looking from the goalie's perspective). The Red Wings did a great job of putting bodies in the way of those two and as a result made the PP difficult for us. The best chance we got on the PP we put off the crossbar.

With positional goalies like Dom and Jiggy though you make life interesting when you put bodies in front of them i.e. the Holmstrom goal.

And to be honest, the Wings know all about Pronger's shots on the PP. They've played him plenty while he was in STL, and were burned during the first round last year by his cannon. If the Wings are going to succeed against him, they'll need to continue the same play as tonight. If the Ducks are going to succeed, they'll need Pronger to get his shot through, while changing it up here and there by making that pretty pass to open things up on the PP.

We'll see what happens.

I agree but here is why I also think that there were a lot of calls against the Wings. I think the refs are trying to stop the holding and hooking penalties as much as possible and as a result are calling terrible penalties like some of the ones tonight. I could be wrong and I am trying to be as unbiased as possible when I say this but I think the Ducks penalties that weren't called were more along the lines of interference and things like that. Unfortunately most of the Wings penalties were for holding and that is why they were called. I am in no way saying I think that is the way it should be. That is just my opinion on why it could have been that way.

No worries, I know you're not insinuating that's the way it should be. The thing is, a penalty is a penalty no matter which way you slice it. Whether the refs are trying to cut down on holding or hooking more so than interference, its still a penalty, and it shouldn't matter to the refs which infraction is worse than the others. After all is said and done, a penalty is still a penalty.

Wings are too old, too slow, too soft, too small...Sharks in 5 :ph34r:

Now seriously...

hiuDUCKSfan, I give you some good kudos for some good posts in here so far, I wish you are part of a majority of Duck fans.

I haven't checked out many responses/posts in here over the past few days, but the ones that I have grazed across and some of the e-mails I have been getting on new topics created by Duck fans, they have been pretty bad on the Internet tough guy talking approach or trolling.

Unforutnately I haven't seen too many bright Duck fans come across here so far. I'm glad you are one of better ones.

Just frustrated because they know there team doesn't stack up as well as they thought they would. :P

Nope...we're happy cause we realized we definitely stack up just as we want with the Wings....not to say we "might" have "won" this "game"...too many quotes lol.

My favorite thread from their board was talking about how Holmstrom and Maltby are dirty players and that the entire Red Wings team has been a "dirty" team for years. So I guess sitting in front of the goalie and taking God-only-knows how many shots to the back and legs makes you a dirty player. Frustrated 13-year-olds are hilarious.

You must be talking about disney.com.com the fakest Ducks board on the internet where all they do is call the other team ***s......otherwise I haven't seen that on allducks or anaheimducks.com

Edited by ducksfanforlife

From what I saw, the wings didnt play well for 2.5 periods and had to kill a 5 on 3, as well as alot of s***ty penalties.

They played in their own end most of the night and still came away with a win.

I think the Ducks played pretty well this game and still came up with a loss.

I think the Wings match up better with the Ducks than SJ or Calgary, I am confident we will take this series.

Especially after seeing us pull it out last night.

After a couple years of outskating and outshooting the other team only to lose, I'll take all the ugly wins I can get. If opponents want to say "They didn't win, we lost," I'll take that all the way to the Stanley Cup. We wanted a team that was willing to work ugly and win ugly. We've got it.

As Al Davis said, "Just win, baby."

At least we don't make excuses like that when we lose. SHEESH, lol that is funny what these so called fans can come up with.

I beg to differ and will play devil's advocate here.

Ranting about officiating is up there as one of the top LGW reasons whenever the Wings lose, along with "insert Lang/Samuelsson/Lilja joke here" or Osgood is a piece of junk.

Ducks fought hard but a fluky goal and a controversial goal do them in.

no worry we have lost this one. the wings have had too much luck.

The Red Wings didn't even score. We dominated. Just an unfortunate game. It will be different.

The Wings win but the ducks beat themselves.

If thats how the officiating is going to be called the rest of the series, maybe penner should get a cross check to Hasek, because OBVIOUSLY! you wont get called for goaltending interference, so why would you get called for cross checking.

two lucky bounces against hurt us..

We should have won.

Trust me I could go on, but have to go to bed sometime. These Duck fans seem a tad bit off kilter LOL

This is so funny because it's the exact same thing I heard from Wings fans in '03. I hope we get the same result that those ducks did.

And as far as the officiating, it was obvious that the Ducks got more than their share. I don't care what anyone says, Cory Perry deliberately hit Chelios. Watch the replay; Chelios doesn't see Perry but Perry sure saw Cheli.

And what about MacDonald's non-call when he gave Hasek two swats to the melon while lying on him. The Wings would have, and HAVE been called for this same crap in series past. The Ducks basically got the green light from the refs to run Hasek all night. And I don't see it changing anytime soon.

All in all though, Hasek won us that game. The Ducks and Giggy's pads did outplay us but I don't care. The Wings dominated the Ducks in 03 and we got swept, so it's nice to see the Wings finally win a game when they were outplayed.

I see us winning game 2 on the same kind of effort and 'crap' goals. Bye-bye Ducks.

I wish I played last night. I would have wrapped my stick around Perrys neck. As soon as Zetta got slashed I would have skated by Ryan Get-A-Life and told him watch what happens to Neidermayers wrist now...HACK MOFO... :devil:

Thats the dirtiest team out there. They can't rely on skill alone so they try dirty s***.

Wings win in 4.

Yeah I know that I would have gotten a ton of penalties, suspensions, fines and whatever else so what. :drunk:

f*** U BURKE.

Guest Agalloch

I wish I played last night. I would have wrapped my stick around Perrys neck. As soon as Zetta got slashed I would have skated by Ryan Get-A-Life and told him watch what happens to Neidermayers wrist now...HACK MOFO... :devil:

Thats the dirtiest team out there. They can't rely on skill alone so they try dirty s***.

Wings win in 4.

Yeah I know that I would have gotten a ton of penalties, suspensions, fines and whatever else so what. :drunk:

f*** U BURKE.

This is a terrible post.

Honestly, as poor as the Wings played tonight, Dom stood on his head and the WIngs showed they are the better team.

um, i luv the wings as much as the next guy, but the wings sure as hell didnt prove they were the better team last nite. hasek proved that he's back to the hasek of old, and the wings proved that they can steal games even when theyre off. one game doesn't prove who the better team.

how go does it feel to finally turn the tables from the last 4 playoff years where we were the team that was dominating but the other teams goalie was killing us??? its a good sine and i think the hockey gods are on our side..

wings in 5