Tonights Difference Makers

Rate this topic

OK, these are the ground rules

Try to keep it to one or two players

Give an explanation why

It can be anybody pick babs or burke if you want

Tommorow debate why you were right if you think you were

My pick Henrick Zetterberg

I think that with the lack of pronger you will see the second line get more chances than in the previous games they will put Niedermayer/Beuchimin out against the the top line so the second line should be able to get some chances and I think Zetts will capitalize 2G-1A, +2

If I am Wrong then it will be Dats one of the lines needs to be good but I think it will be Zetts.

Kris Draper

expect a tough battle with Wings winning because of special teams. and if you say Wings and special teams in the same sentence, there can be only one name: Draper :)

I'll say Bertuzzi, he's been getting better and better each game in this series. He'll also benefit from Pronger's absence likely more than anyone as they'll lack any reliable means to deal with his size and skill.

Guest jaytan

Todd Bertuzzi: He's been gaining momentum, and I think he's ready to explode. He really seems to understand the importance of putting the Ducks out while they're down, too.

Kris Draper: He's bound to pick up his game anytime. With faceoffs, and on the penalty kill, I think he'll be important. The absence of Pronger will play into his advantage, too. Watch his speed pay off for us.

For the other guys, Jean-Sebastien Giguere: I think we can win this one, but if we don't, he'll have made some big saves.

Edit: I read everyone else's posts after I made mine. Funny how we're kind of thinking alike.

Edited by jaytan

Bertuzzi is my pick for the Wings and Selanne for the Ducks..

Bert's been getting better game after game and we all know how one lucky goal is all it takes sometimes to get a player rolling.

Selanne has been playing a very mediocre game so with the spotlight off of Pronger and now on him, I expect him to be better. Hopefully he chokes though :P

Go Wings!!! Gotta take advantage of this game.

I'm suprised no one has picked Homer yet. So I will, why? Simply because the man is one hell of a roll. I expect him to haveANOTHEr GREAT game tonight!!

Dan Cleary

He has been skating hard and making plays. With Anaheim's depleted defense, he's going to have more opportunity to take advantage of his speed, hunger, and skill.

I already predicted in another thread he'll seal the deal on a 3-1 game with an empty netter, which I stand by. He may or may not assist on another goal, but he'll certainly make his presence felt out there tonight.

Don't make a fool out of me Cleary!!! ;)

I think with Pronger out, the Wings will look to make a lot of passes to pinchers for odd-man rushes. Pronger knows his limitations, which means he has a tendency to hang back a bit so as not to get burned by someone flying up the ice. Without that body hanging back, the speedsters are going to have more room rushing through neutral ice -- guys like Dats, Hank and Flip.

I'll go with Zetterberg.

Somehow I got a bad feeling that Giggy is going to steal a lot of good chances

But in the end, Datsyuk will come through.

Edited by Yemack

Guest bullocks

Hasek

Anaheim will come out fired up without pronger and due to the lob sided loss in game 3. He'll be the key in the first 10 minutes.