• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Dabura

Dear Wings,

Rate this topic

I've never seen such a string of ineptitude on 5-on-3s by teams not named the Blue Jackets. You can't score on all of them, even most of them (statistically). But one for five? That's no good.

As for 2: That's been going on all playoffs long. The Wings are smaller and slower, after all. Teams can get down low and cycle on them. But the defense manages to get in the shooting lanes and keep everything to the outside anyways. Today's goals against really haven't had anything to do with that. Of course it's tough to score when you're trying to get the puck for minutes on end out of your own zone, but there's a weakness for ya.

I cannot believe what I just watched....our boys played far better than the Ducks and lost, again.

The hockey gods have wronged the Wings.

So I say screw the Hockey gods...the Wings will win it themselves!!

I believe, do you?

I don't think the mistakes in our own zone have much to do with our physical shortcomings; really, they're just making poor decisions with the puck. As soon as they get the puck down low they should be thinking of ways to get it out, but often times they seem to content to fiddle around behind the net or slash a Duck as if to say, "Hey. You. You have the puck and you're in our zone. You're mean."

I'll add one more

GET THE ******* PUCK OUT OF YOUR OWN ZONE WHEN YOU HAVE THE CHANCE NO MATTER HOW MUCH TIME IS LEFT IN THE GAME YOU STUPID MOTHER f***ERS!!!!!

Poor decisions are as much a part of the guy who makes it as the opposition who pressures. Forecheck hard and it gives the Wings trouble; some night's they crack it and go freakin' hog wild (Game 3!), but this is nothing new.

San Jose dominated the cycle game and controlling the puck down low. Anaheim is no different. They play to their strengths, it's pretty obvious. We beat San Jose, we can still beat Anaheim. But I don't think this particular aspect of the series is going to change.

I'll add one more

GET THE ******* PUCK OUT OF YOUR OWN ZONE WHEN YOU HAVE THE CHANCE NO MATTER HOW MUCH TIME IS LEFT IN THE GAME YOU STUPID MOTHER f***ERS!!!!!

is that really necessary?

I'll add one more

Wow... :crazy:

All will be well on Thursday night when we are kicking their butts in Game 7... relax.

Poor decisions are as much a part of the guy who makes it as the opposition who pressures. Forecheck hard and it gives the Wings trouble; some night's they crack it and go freakin' hog wild (Game 3!), but this is nothing new.

San Jose dominated the cycle game and controlling the puck down low. Anaheim is no different. They play to their strengths, it's pretty obvious. We beat San Jose, we can still beat Anaheim. But I don't think this particular aspect of the series is going to change.

I'm sorry, but many of the mistakes they've made should be credited more to inexcusable brain farts than to the opposition's forecheck. There have been way too many unforced errors, and it's indicative of a problem that's been present since the start of the regular season.

They need to tighten it up down low. Big time.

I'm sorry, but many of the mistakes they've made should be credited more to inexcusable brain farts than to the opposition's forecheck. There have been way too many unforced errors, and it's indicative of a problem that's been present since the start of the regular season.

They need to tighten it up down low. Big time.

Running around in our own end has been going on for 3 years now.

That and not one D man on this team seems to be able to clear the puck from down low.

I've never seen such a string of ineptitude on 5-on-3s by teams not named the Blue Jackets.

Whew.....thank you much. Finished laughing now. Made this loss a bit easier. NOPE - LOL...ok done

Again - mahalo

1. The idea is to score on the PP, not impress the opposition with your passing prowess.

2. You don't cycle in your own zone.

Drill these into your head, and game 6 is ours.

1. They haven't been dead a** awful on the PP, but I definitely see where you are coming from.

2. Just need to do a little bit more. I'm still liking the Wings chances.

I'll add one more

Overreact much in life?

All but one of their PPs this game were pretty horrendous. It goes without saying, but the PP is huge -- it didn't click for the Ducks early in the series and it cost them, and now it's not clicking for us and it's costing us.

All of this isn't to say I've lost faith. Far from it. I'd just like these things to be addressed and overcome because, let's face it, if we can improve in those areas, the Ducks are dead.

I got one.

The whole idea of "dump and chase" is more effective if you both things. Just dumping and not chasing is basically giving the puck away.

And please, for the love of God, keep the ******* puck in the zone on the PP. The defense is awful when it comes to actually keeping the puck in the opposing players zone for a consistant basis on the PP.

Anyone remember Mathieu Schneider? Well the PP unit sure does and they sorely miss him. I think we've overlooked his importance to this teams' D.

The PP was fine when this series started. All of sudden it's gone in the s***ter though, and I really don't know why.

Guest Crymson

Anyone remember Mathieu Schneider? Well the PP unit sure does and they sorely miss him. I think we've overlooked his importance to this teams' D.

I disagree. Our PP picked up when Homer came back, and it was very strong until game 4. On D? Schneider wasn't ever known as a defensive force.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA, FRANZEN!!

Hindsight is 20/20. What if Franzen had been able to score the EN goal with that extra second he took?

Plus, it ain't easy lifting the puck out of the zone with your backhand whilst along the boards.