• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Matt

2007 WCF Post-GAME 6: Ducks 4, Red Wings 3

Rate this topic

Great run boys! :siren:

Hats off to the Wings...they went down with a fight! This is sports you win some and you lose some...but truely it is how you do both that is the sign of a champion! To make a go of it as they did with all the odds agaist them we should be proud off this group! :thumbup:

Good job......thanks for the effort!!! :clap:

What a pathetic thread.

Mike can only do so much, and then the rest is up to the guys on the ice. Give it a break.

He's done an excellent job this season, and I hope he's our coach for a long, long time. It was him that made this Wings team, tough, gritty, and not to be messed with. Like said, he's done a great job..he deserves to be our coach.

wow, don't tell me someone is actually bashing babs....now that even i think is disturbing...babs did awesome, the wings couldn't have asked for a better coach, well maybe scotty....but babs really exceeded my expectations....bravo...

To the men who gave it their all, no matter the outcome, I give thanks. You were a great team and I loved watching you this season.

100 games, give or take, have flashed before my eyes as this season has come and gone. Ups and downs, injuries and comebacks and surprises. It's all hockey and I love that too. Hank's hot streak, Dom's domination, Norris Nick, and Lucky Lang; all of it unforgettable.

It is because of that.... even in this grim hour... I celebrate our champions.

Even though the Wings didn't win the Cup, I'm still very proud of them and the organization.

This Wings team exceeded my pre-season expectations. So yeah I'm happy they did that, but very, very disappointed they didn't go farther. I really thought they could win it all after second round. Weird that my expectations changed so much.

I can't believe this. I really, really had a great feeling about this team. Especially with the way they were playing once the playoffs started. It freaking stings because I honestly can't say that the Wings didn't give it their all in the 18 games they played. Aside from the first two periods tonight, I have been impressed with every game they've played.

It's like I try and stop crying and then I see one of our guys interviewed and then bam there goes the tears strolling down. Sad thing is it's going to be worse tomorrow.

Thist team better be kept the way it is. I love Calder, and Bert, and I want Langer to stay too. :(

This has by far been my favorite Wings team in the last decade.

I kept thinking through the whole season that the team was just...I dunno...I just loved them so much...and then we got Calds and Bert and they just seem to fit here (no matter how crazy people think I am). And it seemed very much like we were destined to win. This team feels destined...even now...even after we lost...it's hard to believe.

So I hope we keep the team together and try again next year, because I think all things the same + healthy defense, and healthy forwards...I think we win. I think this team is a team that could go all the way, we just had bad injuries, and a hard schedule that didn't help.

This week is going to be tough to get through. I love these guys...I feel so bad.......

I am just sad because my least favorite team in the entire NHL is now going to the finals and because October is sooo far away. What ever am I going to do for over 4 months without hockey :blush: ?

You could alway spend the whole summer talking to us about Hockey. :)

It's all hockey and I love that too. Hank's hot streak, Dom's domination, Norris Nick, and Lucky Lang; all of it unforgettable.

It is because of that.... even in this grim hour... I celebrate our champions.

:clap: Love the alliteration.

Also, we were 2nd out of 30 times in the regular season....tied for 3rd in the postseason.

It's not at all bad...

Great run boys! :siren:

Hats off to the Wings...they went down with a fight! This is sports you win some and you lose some...but truely it is how you do both that is the sign of a champion! To make a go of it as they did with all the odds agaist them we should be proud off this group! :thumbup:

Good job......thanks for the effort!!! :clap:

:clap: Great post , I totally agree. :thumbup:

.......and then we got Calds and Bert and they just seem to fit here (no matter how crazy people think I am).

I am no Bert fan, but that last shift with seconds left in the game when he fought hard and got the puck back in front showed me that he hard heart and gave it his all despite the back injury....gained a couple of points back in my book! All round good effort...if the price is right...he may have a home here......

Honestly this makes me even more convinced that we need youth...when we lost yzerman and shannahan i was nervous we were going to fall off the map but after what the wings have done this post season i can't help but be proud of our boys..

next season we'll have grigerenko, hopefully a new goaltender and no robert lang

Go wings.

Honestly guys Im still VERY dissapointed in their effort in game 6, sure they came out in the end and ALMOST tied it, but it was too little too late, you cant plan on scoring 4 goals in the 3rd. Horrible game all around, they should have come out flying in the 1st period.

Oh well great season, more than I expected, they will only get better next year. Looking forward to seeing what grigs can do :clap:

I kept thinking through the whole season that the team was just...I dunno...I just loved them so much...and then we got Calds and Bert and they just seem to fit here (no matter how crazy people think I am). And it seemed very much like we were destined to win. This team feels destined...even now...even after we lost...it's hard to believe.

So I hope we keep the team together and try again next year, because I think all things the same + healthy defense, and healthy forwards...I think we win. I think this team is a team that could go all the way, we just had bad injuries, and a hard schedule that didn't help.

This week is going to be tough to get through. I love these guys...I feel so bad.......

I am sorry you're upset, and HC, too. We just had a lot of bad luck with injuries this season, and some good luck, too. Cheli and Dom were amazing. I dare anyone to dismiss what they did for this team, considering AARP is knocking on their doors. Dom played for love of the Wings, not money -- and those who don't appreciate it... well, I am sorry, but you missed the entire experience this season. They were amazing. Not a fluke that Hasek was in the goal for Wings in their first time out of the first round since 2002.

Nick was a great leader, I can't imagine anyone doing a better job. Babcock -- I was impressed. Pavel showed everyone that he can show up for the playoffs. It's the young ones and late arrivals I feel bad for. Bert and Calder, Cleary, Lils and Lang. I feel bad for Kopecky and Hudler, neither of whom got to make the impact that I believe they could have.

Young heroes and unsung heroes -- they are all heroes to me right now, win or lose.

What a season. Well done Wings. A damn shame more bounces didn't go our way, but that is playoff hockey. If it wasn't for Pronger I'd be very OK with losing in the WCF. That burns me a little, but I'll be a Sens fan the rest of the season. Plus it would be cool to see a Canadian team win the Cup again.

And hats off to Giguere and the Ducks. A well played series.

And I hope this offseason they sign Bert and Calder. I'd love to see what those two, healthy, could do in a Wings jersey.

Edited by Wings_Fan_In_Exile

thankfully, you have no say in the matter. Dom will be back if he wants to play, and the Wings will be thrilled to have him. He's a huge part of the reason they got this far, and certainly NOT the reason they are done. :rolleyes:

I have to disagree with you on both of those statements. He is playing behind one of the best defensive cores in the league, so saying he is a huge reason they got this far is just not right. Oh, and he definitely was one of the reasons they lost tonight there is absolutely no excuses for not freezing the puck. You can't expect a defensemen to hold off a forward until Dom decides get off his back. He without question got out played by Jiggy all series long. As far as Hasek coming back next year, I hope not. Hasek is just not a great fit for this team. This team lacks the physical presence on the blue line that can help him out.

That Pahlsson goal killed....The Wings came out slow and hesitant, they needed to play the desperate but composed style they did in the 3rd right from the get-go..... The Ducks played their best game of the series in the first 2 periods, it's just a shame that they were even given the chance to play in this situation..... I don't want to complain about any lucky bounces or missed opportunities, that is part of hockey....but after watching past 3-4 games I am disappointed to have to say that the better team did not win this series.....

Ottawa is my 2nd favourite team. As little compensation, I will enjoy their thorough domination of the Ducks, as well as watching Pronger cry after losing his 2nd straight Stanley Cup Finals, and the Cup coming back to Canada, it's 2nd home outside of Hockeytown ;)

The injuries to Schneider/Kronwall really crippled the Wings, but they will no doubt better than ever next season with the emergence of Franzen/Filpula/Lebda/Lilja/etc... as well as the hopeful retention of Bertuzzi and possibly Hasek, the departure of Lang, and possible free agent signings with the cap going up.....

They interviewed Bert and he was extremely upset. They then asked him what might happen in the offseason and he said he'd love to re-sign with the Wings.

Also said he's been frustrated as heck with his ongoing injuries. Yep. He was hurt.

I wasn't very impressed with Hasek in this series. He had some huge stops, but a lot of "what the hell" moments too. He had a good regular season and pretty solid playoff run, but the goals tonight where he just laid there on his back, not even looking for the puck.. those are the times you need your goalie to be clutch and steal a game.

He didn't lose it for us, but he sure didn't win it for us either. Of course the rest of the team not showing up for the first 40 minutes didnt help...

Could be an interesting off season

You know, Im sure Chris Chelios really cares about his class factor. :ph34r:

I don't care if he doesn't think about his "class factor"

He's a poor sport by not shaking hands. Plain and simple.