• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest MrSandMan

Ducks; A disgrace to NHL? Trend for good ol' hockey going to the

Rate this topic

Now this is idioticity! The player was on TOP of Hasek. Instead of trying to get out of the situation, he was (at his own will) SWATING Hasek in the face. Not just 1,2, or 3 times... but like 5 or 6 TIMES.

....and this was just *one* example of *many* things that *numerous* players were doing in that series... it was a team effort to be goons. And now that's how they're forever labelled. *IF* they win the cup, they shouldn't feel rewarded... they should feel they cheated to get it. They do NOT deserve it.

"You're comparing a stick across the helmet and a knock on the mask?" Could you please copy and paste the comment where I said that Markov should of striked a stick across Giggy pads helmet. fabricate much?

Meh, I read that last part wrong. My bad :P I don't know anymore. I'm really in doubt for my team, but I don't want to be. I will not support a bunch of goons and I'm afraid that's what they're becoming. I'm so torn over it...I try to stick up for them, but what I say even I don't agree with after I say it. I'll just shut up.

The only reason it would be a disgrace if the Ducks won the Cup is because of the interference tactics they've been successfully employing, especially in the finals.

so much for the new NHL.

Even on Pronger's elbow, it's because he was trying to run interference on a guy when he didn't have good positioning on him.

I am glad that I am not the only one who notice that too.

Great idea, maybe we can trade Hank, Dats, Lidstrom, Kronwall, and all our future for a bunch of 6'8" obstruction pros that are 98% muscle and fists and other 2% talent.

Wow, hockey would be so great!

I failed to see any of these guys intimidated the Detroit Red Wings in the WCF series. I did, however, see a respectful Detroit Red Wings that played a very clean hockey game, who kept their composure when the other team was crossing the line practicing "illegal tactics". The very same Detroit Red Wings we saw in series 1 and series 2. :clap:

I for one would be greatly disapointed if Detroit ever stooped to that level. :thumbdown:

I wouldn't watch many Red Wings highlights before 1999 then. And I especially wouldn't watch highlights before '95.

There was a reason that hockey fight junkies loved the Wings before then :sly:

There's a difference between being a fighting team VS pathetic cheap shot artist with no skill. I can't find the stat indicating the Ducks lead the league in fights. But the lead the league in Penalty Minutes.

My definition of goon is different than anyone else. When I say goon, I mean chicken shyt weasels.

71 reg season fighting majors

4 playoff fighting majors

couldn't tell you how many roughing almost-fights or misconducts accompanied the majors.

I've been thinking about the topic title alot, and I've came to realise that it's not the Ducks who are a disgrace to the NHL . It's the NHL that is a disgrace to the NHL . They 've set out all these rules and regulation's and have failed to enforce them. The Ducks have basically gone unpunished for their overly physical style of play. (Pronger's style).

I think I love you. Well, love and appreciate this opinion of yours, anyway. <3

Although, historically, officiating calls that rule in reg season are tossed when it comes to playoffs. The Wings have been caught out like that before, this year was extremely reminiscent for me of the mid-'90s, when Wings ruled the regular season, regularly.

This Thing of Ours--sets up a great rivalry in the WC, eh? Tres Wings/'Lanche, eh? Llike when LeMuck demolished Drapes, eh? Wait till next year regular season Wings/Ducks game, eh? Won't it be a ratings bonanza=$$$$

*repeats solemnly to self* I DO NOT BELIEVE IN KONSPIRATSIA, I do NOT believe in Konspiratsia....

SENS TIE IT UP!! and here I am, on the wrong thread.

The Ducks have clearly figured out the new NHL.

If you take your hand off your stick to grab a guy, they'll call a penalty.

If you reach out and hook a player with your stick, penalty.

But if you run interference on faceoffs, on dump ins, behind the net, pretty much all over your defensive zone, BUT keep both hands on your stick, then 99 times out of 100, it won't get called.

They're smart enough to take what the refs are giving em. And in the Cup finals, they're giving them a helluva lot.

Edited by haroldsnepsts

Great idea, maybe we can trade Hank, Dats, Lidstrom, Kronwall, and all our future for a bunch of 6'8" obstruction pros that are 98% muscle and fists and other 2% talent.

Wow, hockey would be so great!

I failed to see any of these guys intimidated the Detroit Red Wings in the WCF series. I did, however, see a respectful Detroit Red Wings that played a very clean hockey game, who kept their composure when the other team was crossing the line practicing "illegal tactics". The very same Detroit Red Wings we saw in series 1 and series 2. :clap:

I for one would be greatly disapointed if Detroit ever stooped to that level. :thumbdown:

I'm not looking for a goon squad, but I do like the rough stuff and the fights. If you don't, that's your prerogative. For me, the game is less exciting when those things are missing. I love the direction the Wings went in this year, and I was very proud of this year's team. There's a time and a place for respect and playing clean, and there's a time and a place for playing with an edge.

Take Pronger off the Ducks roster and 90% of my dislike for the team is gone.

That's exactly how I feel. Although, now that he's been booted twice from the playoffs - I think even the Ducks themselves can see what a disgrace he is - and they can win just as well w/o him. Too bad the NHL didn't have the balls to toss him for 2 games - then the Ducks could hoist the Cup w/o him....

That's exactly how I feel. Although, now that he's been booted twice from the playoffs - I think even the Ducks themselves can see what a disgrace he is - and they can win just as well w/o him. Too bad the NHL didn't have the balls to toss him for 2 games - then the Ducks could hoist the Cup w/o him....

At the risk of sounding dumb(er)(er), would a 2 game suspension in the SCFs preclude CP from kissing the Cup (about which he has said, and I quote, "I might give it a little tongue"?

I seriously, no joke, just went allover gooseflesh typing that. I feel unclean. I'm going to shower now,

At the risk of sounding dumb(er)(er), would a 2 game suspension in the SCFs preclude CP from kissing the Cup (about which he has said, and I quote, "I might give it a little tongue"?

I seriously, no joke, just went allover gooseflesh typing that. I feel unclean. I'm going to shower now,

:unsure: That's...a...joke, right? :puke:

I remember Fischer (*sigh* I miss him) was suspended for the game we won the '02 Cup in but he came out right when the game ended and participated in the celebrations.

:unsure: That's...a...joke, right? :puke:

I remember Fischer (*sigh* I miss him) was suspended for the game we won the '02 Cup in but he came out right when the game ended and participated in the celebrations.

It's not a joke, I read it somewhere online this morning (possibly TSN, but I do a lot of surfing so it could be from anywhere).

Forgive me for not looking back thru my history for it, but it's a real and exact quote from CP.

Fischer... *sigh* I miss him. We still and will always love you, Jiri.

I'm probably being accused of bitterness. I've been on these boards for a long time shared many wins and losses with the regulars. And I'm sure many could vouch that I have congratulated previous teams in the past when the beat us respectively and honestly.

Then why the sudden requirement to make excuses for your team? Your whining really detracts from the highlights of the Red Wings season. As a relatively new hockey fan, one thing I love about Red Wings fans are their great display of class. I guess I can't wish for classy fans of all teams. It's okay though, I won't judge your organization by one person, as you or some of your peers love to do.

Guest MrSandMan

Then why the sudden requirement to make excuses for your team? Your whining really detracts from the highlights of the Red Wings season. As a relatively new hockey fan, one thing I love about Red Wings fans are their great display of class. I guess I can't wish for classy fans of all teams. It's okay though, I won't judge your organization by one person, as you or some of your peers love to do.

Typical Duck fan... :rolleyes: If everyone doesn't roll over and submit to your team like they actually earned to be where they are, they'll attack ones character. All in the same post you state that you love Red Wings fans great display of of class, that you won't judge, then you judge by calling some of classless for seeing the Ducks how they really are; CLASSLESS GOONS!

If you want to se whining, then go to that lame ass forum called allducks dot com. read their posts.... you'll see how noble duck fans are.

...And as the statement from me that you quoted, it speaks the truth. I ALWAYS congratulate the better team that beat us. Maybe next year the better team will beat us and I can congratulate them. I give credit where credit is due... and this year my Credit goes to the San Jose Sharks... they were the best team and most honorable team we played in the post season. I respect them and (out of a Cali team) I would much rather see them hoist the cup rather than your dirt ball, undeserving, pathetic Ducks team.

And we wonder why NHL is going to shyt? Thanks Ducks for ruining NHL, an already fragile national sport... going to crap cause from such a pathetic team.

I will always remember 2007 NHL (as well as MY PEERS) as a cruel joke from the hockey gods. Especially if the Ducks Taint Lord Stanley. The apocalypse is coming... Ducks are Antichrist, go to hell!

No offense, but I am really trying to understand why you're even coming here. You're criticizing posters on a Red Wings board -- who support the Red Wings? What do you expect, seriously? The majority of posters here, even if they are a bit harsh in their assessments of all things Wings and other teams, are respected. I don't appreciate your tone at all.

Do you really expect fans on this board to roll over and sing the praises of your team? Not that some have not, by the way... I won't be one of them. I am sorry that Pronger and some of your other low-life actors are going to be awarded the most prestigious trophy in sports. But that's the way it goes, I guess.

Perhaps next year, the Wings will come back stronger and win it the right way. :thumbup:

Pronger a disgrace? Yes.

The Ducks overall? Yes.

*fixed*

@MrSandMan - you're so bang on. As I said in an earlier thread, when people from all areas of hockey are complaining about this series, the way it's been called, what's been let go, and on and on .. it is pathetic that the NHL couldn't care less. But then again, maybe we're ALL WRONG, when new-to-the-sport Ducks fans keep screaming that we're either bitter Red Wing fans or part of a conspiracy to send the Cup back to Canada. :unsure::lol: On the bright side, at least we know if Anaheim wins the Cup, next season they'll be lucky to make the playoffs. :) Only teams like the Red Wings actually win Cups AND also contend the following seasons.

Arrr, who be you t' pass judgement on fans and their classyness? Aye, me parrot concurs.

No.

Any rule about suspensions having an impact on a players name on the Cup, or kissing it, or whatever they want to do with it, would only make the already spineless Colin Campbell even less likely to hand out punishment in the postseason.

Interesting Site....

This is simply my main point after wading through this thread. Accusations of the Ducks being goons? Not gonna go into that right now I will simply point this out:

I actually watched this as it happened and this single gutless hit turned me off from the Wings since then. And I'm not a fan of Colordao either. Talk about cheap shots all you want, but slamming someone's head into the board with a clothesline swing? Forget the fact that its the Avs how do you defend that one??? And don't bring up Claude he was a goon and I was glad to see McCarty kick his head in.

Main point is this. If Pronger is a goon, then look no further then the not so recent past for examples of such from the Wings.

That being said I can respect everyone backing one's team, your city etc... But to claim that Detroit is so much better then, holier then thou, would never do such things (real or implied), etc... its nothing more then the pot calling the kettle black.... Gosh angels must sing every time the Wings take the ice at the Joe.... didn't know they were/are now Saints playing in Detroit...

Interesting Site....

This is simply my main point after wading through this thread. Accusations of the Ducks being goons? Not gonna go into that right now I will simply point this out:

I actually watched this as it happened and this single gutless hit turned me off from the Wings since then. And I'm not a fan of Colordao either. Talk about cheap shots all you want, but slamming someone's head into the board with a clothesline swing? Forget the fact that its the Avs how do you defend that one??? And don't bring up Claude he was a goon and I was glad to see McCarty kick his head in.

Main point is this. If Pronger is a goon, then look no further then the not so recent past for examples of such from the Wings.

That being said I can respect everyone backing one's team, your city etc... But to claim that Detroit is so much better then, holier then thou, would never do such things (real or implied), etc... its nothing more then the pot calling the kettle black.... Gosh angels must sing every time the Wings take the ice at the Joe.... didn't know they were/are now Saints playing in Detroit...

That's a totally irrelevant argument.

You use one hit by the Wings from years ago to refute the argument that the most penalized team in the league (who have also mastered obstruction) being in the SCF is bad for hockey?

This thread isn't about the Wings being better than anyone else. It's about the Ducks brand hockey, which for the record I'm okay with a lot of their players.

And Pronger is a dirty player. Look to the other thread where I listed all his suspensions over the years.

I don't think anyone who's been watching the Wings can seriously believe they're a bunch of angels. We have Maltby and Chelios and now Bertuzzi for chrissakes. And we used to have Hatcher, and Cicarelli, and Ulfie.

But it has nothing to do with this thread.

Here you go:

1994 - Pronger suspended 4 games for hitting Capitals forward Pat Peake in the throat with his stick. (funny thing is Burke was the one who suspended him)

1998 - Pronger suspended 4 games for slashing Phoenix's Jeremy Roenick in the helmet.

2001 - Pronger suspended 1 game for leaving the bench and instigating a fight with Kelly Buchberger.

2002 - Pronger suspended 2 games for cross checking Brenden Morrow. The cross check left Morrow bleeding near one of his eyes.

2004 - Pronger suspended 1 game for kicking Ville Nieminen. (kicking? How wussy can you get?)

2007 - Pronger suspended 1 playoff game for his double elbow to the back of Holmstrom's head.

2007 - Pronger suspended 1 playoff game for his elbow to the head of McAmmond.

So that compares to one cheapshot by a Wings player? Who was that anyway, Kozlov? Overall he's not exactly someone you would characterize as a dirty player. Personally I would've gone with Fedorov's crosscheck to the head, but your point still would've been irrelevant.

Edited by haroldsnepsts

Guest Shoreline

Interesting Site....

haroldsnepsts is correct. It's like, you know, coming to a Wings board and expecting them not to be, in any way, shape or form, biased toward the Wings. To say I have no bias towards the Wings would be an outright lie.

Likewise, this thread is about the Ducks, although I think there are some who are blaming a lot of other people wrongly. So should you expect the topic to be about goon Wings players? No.

Pronger is the only one on the Ducks I take issue with on being a goon. Not Getzlaf, or Perry, or others. I've seen Pronger play for years on every one of his teams, and given the info haroldsnepsts provided from an ESPN article (usually you give the source of a copy/paste to avoid allegations of plagiarism--just an fyi), it shows that Pronger has more than a history of being a goon ass. Hell, if that's not enough, look how much better the Ducks have fared when he's not in the lineup versus when he is.

It's not as if the Wings are angels (lately they've by far been amongst the cleanest teams), and it's not like that has anything to do with the thread, but just because some are pointing out Pronger's goon behavior doesn't mean they're holier-than-thou.

That's a totally irrelevant argument.

You use one hit by the Wings from years ago to refute the argument that the most penalized team in the league (who have also mastered obstruction) being in the SCF is bad for hockey?

This thread isn't about the Wings being better than anyone else. It's about the Ducks brand hockey, which for the record I'm okay with a lot of their players.

And Pronger is a dirty player. Look to the other thread where I listed all his suspensions over the years.

I don't think anyone who's been watching the Wings can seriously believe they're a bunch of angels. We have Maltby and Chelios and now Bertuzzi for chrissakes. And we used to have Hatcher, and Cicarelli, and Ulfie.

But it has nothing to do with this thread.

Here you go:

1994 - Pronger suspended 4 games for hitting Capitals forward Pat Peake in the throat with his stick. (funny thing is Burke was the one who suspended him)

1998 - Pronger suspended 4 games for slashing Phoenix's Jeremy Roenick in the helmet.

2001 - Pronger suspended 1 game for leaving the bench and instigating a fight with Kelly Buchberger.

2002 - Pronger suspended 2 games for cross checking Brenden Morrow. The cross check left Morrow bleeding near one of his eyes.

2004 - Pronger suspended 1 game for kicking Ville Nieminen. (kicking? How wussy can you get?)

2007 - Pronger suspended 1 playoff game for his double elbow to the back of Holmstrom's head.

2007 - Pronger suspended 1 playoff game for his elbow to the head of McAmmond.

So that compares to one cheapshot by a Wings player? Who was that anyway, Kozlov? Overall he's not exactly someone you would characterize as a dirty player. Personally I would've gone with Fedorov's crosscheck to the head, but your point still would've been irrelevant.

The WAHMBULANCE just pulled up with additional seating. ALL ABOARD!

and given the info haroldsnepsts provided from an ESPN article (usually you give the source of a copy/paste to avoid allegations of plagiarism--just an fyi)

crap! totally forgot the link!

I'm not worried so much about being accused of plagiarism. Usually I provide the link so people don't think I'm making this stuff up! :D

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/playoffs2007...tory?id=2891998

http://www.nhl.com/nhl/app/?service=page&a...rticleid=314904

The WAHMBULANCE just pulled up with additional seating. ALL ABOARD!

:blink:

I guess the idiotmobile did too?

crap! totally forgot the link!

I'm not worried so much about being accused of plagiarism. Usually I provide the link so people don't think I'm making this stuff up! :D

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/playoffs2007...tory?id=2891998

http://www.nhl.com/nhl/app/?service=page&a...rticleid=314904

:blink:

I guess the idiotmobile did too?

Heres a tissue Detroit,Sincerely Chris Pronger.