• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
WingNutt

Samsonov should be a Red Wing

Rate this topic

I'm not sure how many of you know about Sergei Samsonov's situation in Montreal. He is doing everything he can to get out. Montreal is also doing everything they can do to get rid of him without hurting them aswell. Also in the past I've noticed threads of talk of Samsonov being a perfect fit in Detroit, his family is here still from his days with the Detroit Vipers, and he has also I beleive mentioned wanting to play for the Red Wings. Everyone was talking about it before he got traded to Montreal from Edmonton, a lot of people on the forums thought it would work out and a lot of people also didn't want anything to do with him coming here stating he is "too small" and that we have to many small speedy fowards already.

Once again I have brought up the subject. I beleive he would be awesome on our team, for many reasons. He is a top notch play maker and pure goal scorer. He had a bad year with Montreal yes but who didn't. I think he would be revived being in Detroit and show his magic that most of us know he is capable of. and the number one reason, Datsyuk and Samsonov play incredible together. Much like Pavel and Hank, but in a different good way. Anyone that has seen them play together will know what I'm talking about.

Just was wondering what everyone elses thoughts were about him and I already know what some of you will say hes to small, washed up, this that. but keep in mind you were saying similar things about Dom last off season and look at what he did at his age none the less.

I think we need someone who plays Shanny/Hull's role on the powerplay more than another small, speedy forward.

Scoring 5 on 5 was ok. It was the powerplay that was really embarassing.

Samsonov has a year on his contract and makes 3 or 3.5M I think. He could be had in a trade for a low draft pick because the Habs want to shed his salary. That's saying something.

Plus, he's not what Detroit needs.

Detroit either need a trigger man or someone like Hartnell.

Aye, i say brin' in Sergei Fedorov' if you be planin' on brin'in' a sergei int' the team.

Edited by OsGOD

And has only an average shot, is not a natural goal scorer, and would eat up 3 - 3.5M in cap space. Hartnel can be had for the same price, or re-sign Markov for the same amount.

The question of him being a natural goal scorer or not is a matter of opinion, I say he is a natural goal scorer, the guy is super underrated. I also believe he is one of gifted puck handlers in the league as well. No where close to Datsyuk but still way beyond the average NHL player. I'm not saying the guy would be a SUPER STAR but I know he would score 20+ goals and assist on many goals aswell. The new NHL is all about speed and this guy has it, sees the ice well can setup plays, and like I mentioned before, Clicks with Datsyuk's style of play like few others.

If he comes cheap its a no brainer but if he wants a lot of course it would be a dumb move but Holland can get him cheap and he is another diamond in the rough in my mind. Lang is on the way out, we could almost get Kozlov and Samsonov for Lang's price tag. and get three times the amount of production, but we would lose the Size advantage three fold aswell.

i would love to have samsonov here ... but the only downside from my point of view is his contract ... can we restructure a contract in the nhl?

I don't believe you can. That's part of the new agreement from my understanding.

Also, I don't think Montreal could come out a say, "we'll eat half of his salary if you take him." So for better or worse they are probably stuck with him unless someone is really desperate.

If he comes cheap its a no brainer but if he wants a lot of course it would be a dumb move but Holland can get him cheap and he is another diamond in the rough in my mind. Lang is on the way out, we could almost get Kozlov and Samsonov for Lang's price tag. and get three times the amount of production, but we would lose the Size advantage three fold aswell.

He is making either 3M or 3.5M next year no matter who he plays with. I've said this twice in this thread already. The Habs signed him for 2 years, and only one of those contract years have expired. So there's your price. Not cheap. Not at all.

Guest Shoreline

Think Samsonov proved one thing last season -- he's an underachiever. I'd prefer someone who delivers results, such as Ryan Smyth or Slava Kozlov, or any of the other Wings that need re-signing, well before Samsonov.

Samsonov was good when he had big Joe on his line. If we had the 3-3.5m to spare on a Russian for Dats I would go after Morozov instaed. I just think that a line of Dats Morozov and Grigs could do some major damage next year.

Guest bullocks

Wow, this has to be the stupidest idea yet. Samsonov is a baby, a whiner, a *****. You catch my point.

Last summer I would have loved Samsonov to come here. Now, I do not.

I don't have a problem with him, but he's not what the Wings need. The Wings need someone like Hartnell, who brings grit along with scoring ability. Now, if we could manage both Samsonov Hartnell then maybe, but that would mean no Bertuzzi. I would rather have Hartnell and Bertuzzi then Samsonov.

If Hartnell is gone, and the Wings can't find anyone else to fill that role, then maybe it's worth a little consideration. After all, Samsonov is a winger, and the Wings need more of those. He might work out well with Datsyuk.

I'd keep the options open on him, but as of right now, Samsonov doesn't catch my attention. Maybe if we lose Hartnell to someone else, but not yet.

If any of you guys read my post on things to do for the off-season, I listed trading for Samsonov as one of them. He would fit in well, but he makes too much money. Thats why I say deal for him at the trade deadline.