• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Barrie

stay duck fans

Rate this topic

Just a 180 to the closed "go away ducks fans" Discussion. Stick around! Flames and Sharks fans should stay too! Fans of opposing teams that obey the rules add a lot to the site. It's good to talk hockey with other knowledgeable fans and also get different opinions on things. If it's just Wings fans here, we'd all turn into a bunch of Homers.

Good thread :clap:

I agree completley, its always nice to have a diverse group here. It adds some excitement to our discussions to.

But like Barrie said you MUST follow the rules:

Rule # 1: Lidstrom is, and always will be, the best defender in the league until he retires.

Rule # 2: Gary Bettman Sucks

Rule # 3: Yzerman was the greatest captain, and classiest person in NHL history, and the trophy should be called the "Yzerman trophy", not the "Messier trophy"

Rule #4: The Detroit Redwings should be in the Eastern Confrence

Rule # 5: Lang (a.k.a. Lazy and Sucks), is lazy.. and he sucks, no matter what. (wait does this rule still apply)?

Rule #6: Zetterburg is an amazing player, and according to the lady's, is the hottest player.

Rule #7: Chelios is a fan favorite in Detroit, and Wings fans love how other fans hate him.

Rule #8: Bertuzzi is well respected by most fans over here.

Rule #9. Lilja is freakin awsome now, because of his playoff performance, however in the season, he sucks (I think?)

Rule #10: Gary Bettman Sucks.

Edit: Sorry thought of one more

Rule # 11: It is literally impossible for all Wings fans to agree on a trade. There could be a trade for Sid the Kid for a draft pick and someone will complain. There could be trade involving Shanahan and a draft pick and someone will complain, there could be a trade involving, hell Gretzky in his prime for a draft pick and damn it SOMEONE WILL COMPLAIN. ITS IMMPOSSIBLE I TELLS YA.

not much of a rule, rather a head up for you guys ;)

Have I got all these right? Am I missing some?.. probably,

Edited by chelios4eva

Guest bullocks

Just like everyone elses. If you cant take it, why are you on a forum? You get that everywhere you go.

oh i can take it. but it's laughable when u see certain ppl whine in every post they make.

I agree completley, its always nice to have a diverse group here. It adds some excitement to our discussions to.

Rule # 1: Lidstrom is, and always will be, the best defender in the league until he retires.

Rule # 3: Yzerman was the greatest captain, and classiest person in NHL history, and the trophy should be called the "Yzerman trophy", not the "Messier trophy"

Rule # 5: Lang (a.k.a. Lazy and Sucks), is lazy.. and he sucks, no matter what. (wait does this rule still apply)?

Rule #6: Zetterburg is an amazing player, and according to the lady's, is the hottest player.

Rule #7: Chelios is a fan favorite in Detroit, and Wings fans love how other fans hate him.

Rule #9. Lilja is freakin awsome now, because of his playoff performance, however in the season, he sucks (I think?)

hagah, that's some good s*** :thumbup:

When I first joined these boards - we had rivalries with the Avs and the Blues - and alot of their fans were regular posters. It was fun. They've all but disappeared. Since things have changed and the Ducks and Sharks are *maybe* our new Western conference rivals, it would be nice to have a few of their fans on here also.

I've seen rude posters from both teams. This is a board for hockey discussion and there's no need for that. Should be an interesting summer...

I really enjoyed talking about hockey here during playoffs and stuff. This is a good place with classy people for the most part. I have never had any detroit fan be rude to me and I've had that with a lot of other forums. So I'd like to continue posting here

Just a 180 to the closed "go away ducks fans" Discussion. Stick around! Flames and Sharks fans should stay too! Fans of opposing teams that obey the rules add a lot to the site. It's good to talk hockey with other knowledgeable fans and also get different opinions on things. If it's just Wings fans here, we'd all turn into a bunch of Homers.

Hell yeah.

As long as you don't troll, come on in. And any trolls from the Flames/Sharks/Ducks were weeded out early.

Once everything settles down here in a few days or a week or two, people will be getting over the Wings getting eliminated and the Ducks winning for the most part and will get emotionally straight.

I certainly want and welcome everybody from the opposing teams back into the fray to post.

Edit: Sorry thought of one more

Rule # 11: It is literally impossible for all Wings fans to agree on a trade. There could be a trade for Sid the Kid for a draft pick and someone will complain. There could be trade involving Shanahan and a draft pick and someone will complain, there could be a trade involving, hell Gretzky in his prime for a draft pick and damn it SOMEONE WILL COMPLAIN. ITS IMMPOSSIBLE I TELLS YA.

not much of a rule, rather a head up for you guys ;)

You forgot to mention that we've got a monthly thread quota to meet on 1) threads proposing the triumphant return of Fedorov. 2) threads proposing the return of McCarty... what else? 3) Threads proposing a brilliant trade involving Draper (with his no trade clause)... what else? If you've got some extra time on your hands, be sure to come and contribute by making one of these, especially if we've been slacking.

EDIT: OH! and 4) be sure to make a thread to bash one or the other of our goalies every once in a while.

Edited by The Nephilim

Guest REDWINGS4LYFE

screw feds whats up with those retard threads about em poppin up

Hell yeah.

As long as you don't troll, come on in. And any trolls from the Flames/Sharks/Ducks were weeded out early.

Once everything settles down here in a few days or a week or two, people will be getting over the Wings getting eliminated and the Ducks winning for the most part and will get emotionally straight.

I certainly want and welcome everybody from the opposing teams back into the fray to post.

Yep. I hope the Ducks fans stay too. As long as the trolls don't come back (The Booth, etc.), I'm fine with they being here.

I really enjoyed talking about hockey here during playoffs and stuff. This is a good place with classy people for the most part. I have never had any detroit fan be rude to me and I've had that with a lot of other forums. So I'd like to continue posting here

Good to here. :)

Appreciate the invite, but I've followed hockey for a long time in multiple cities and have never seen as much hate, elitism, and ill will from a message board as I've seen on this one.

I love hockey. Good, old time, hard hitting hockey with passionate fans. I'm a North East transplant, but I will follow the local team in whatever city I am living in. Remember, it's the same guys being traded around the league now. Very few franchise players any more.

I'm all for rivalries and pitching one team against another based on history or geography. But so many on this board have turned homer-ism into hate for other teams, players, and fans. And it sullies the game. It really does.

I wish that I lived somewhere that was so passionate about hockey that it could be call "Hockeytown". But I don't. So I'll follow hockey whereever I go, and I won't ridicule the fans. Or the players. Or the team.

I just want to enjoy the sport for what it is. The most magnificent game in the world, with the most gifted athelites, and the most knowledgable and passionate fans a sport could have.

Good luck. As demonstrated by your example, Wings fans are amongst some of the finest in the game, but there is so much hate mixed in with the passion for some of your bretheren.

Hope to play you (the Wings) in the playoffs again next year!

Appreciate the invite, but I've followed hockey for a long time in multiple cities and have never seen as much hate, elitism, and ill will from a message board as I've seen on this one.

I love hockey. Good, old time, hard hitting hockey with passionate fans. I'm a North East transplant, but I will follow the local team in whatever city I am living in. Remember, it's the same guys being traded around the league now. Very few franchise players any more.

I'm all for rivalries and pitching one team against another based on history or geography. But so many on this board have turned homer-ism into hate for other teams, players, and fans. And it sullies the game. It really does.

I wish that I lived somewhere that was so passionate about hockey that it could be call "Hockeytown". But I don't. So I'll follow hockey whereever I go, and I won't ridicule the fans. Or the players. Or the team.

I just want to enjoy the sport for what it is. The most magnificent game in the world, with the most gifted athelites, and the most knowledgable and passionate fans a sport could have.

Good luck. As demonstrated by your example, Wings fans are amongst some of the finest in the game, but there is so much hate mixed in with the passion for some of your bretheren.

Disney is GONE, I hope you reconsider.

While I certainly don't support some of the "hate" you spoke of in this post, and I am certainly not denying that it happened at all in here, I hope you stay.

The passion has gone overboard a lot in here during the conference finals and Stanley Cup Finals, but I can assure you that things are settling down in here now, everybody is level headed, and I think most of the over-bitterness of the Ducks is gone now, or will be calm soon.

Stay!!! ;)

Sorry about the hate that's been posted on here toward's opposing fan's , It's really only a handfull (if even that) who post that BS on here . sadly we can't do anything about them.

Edited by glasgowcelticwing

It's good to see a thread like this, even though there's no way I would stay here if I were another team's fan...In the past two months or so I've noticed maybe 2 non-Wings fans and probably 5-6 Wings fans who do nothing but ***** incessantly and start s***-slinging wars. This forum is great when it's civil, but half of the threads I've seen since the playoffs started inevitably get derailed with exchanges like this:

Annoying wings fan: f*** the (Flames/Sharks/Ducks), dirtiest bunch of cheap-shotting lowlifes I've ever seen, Good thing the Wings and their fans are so classy and will never resort to their level...Let's just hope the (Flames/Sharks/Ducks) all get what they deserve and die of skull fractures in the next game.

Flames/Sharks/Ducks fan: (clearly angry but still trying to remain somewhat composed) I disagree

Annoying wings fan: Well to hell with you and everyone from (Calgary/San Jose/Anaheim), you are obviously a typical dumbass homer just like everyone from (Calgary/San Jose/Anaheim), quit trolling our boards with your slander

(3 pages of back-and-forth arguing between AWF and other teams fan)

Reasonable wings fan: Annoying wings fan, you need to chill out

Annoying wings fan: Piss off, Reasonable wings fan. Am I supposed to just remain silent while this (Flames/Sharks/Ducks) fan tries to defend their team against my 200th consecutive post about how everyone on their team puts babies on spikes and gets off on spilling the blood of innocents??

It's good to see a thread like this, even though there's no way I would stay here if I were another team's fan...In the past two months or so I've noticed maybe 2 non-Wings fans and probably 5-6 Wings fans who do nothing but ***** incessantly and start s***-slinging wars. This forum is great when it's civil, but half of the threads I've seen since the playoffs started inevitably get derailed with exchanges like this:

Annoying wings fan: f*** the (Flames/Sharks/Ducks), dirtiest bunch of cheap-shotting lowlifes I've ever seen, Good thing the Wings and their fans are so classy and will never resort to their level...Let's just hope the (Flames/Sharks/Ducks) all get what they deserve and die of skull fractures in the next game.

Flames/Sharks/Ducks fan: (clearly angry but still trying to remain somewhat composed) I disagree

Annoying wings fan: Well to hell with you and everyone from (Calgary/San Jose/Anaheim), you are obviously a typical dumbass homer just like everyone from (Calgary/San Jose/Anaheim), quit trolling our boards with your slander

(3 pages of back-and-forth arguing between AWF and other teams fan)

Reasonable wings fan: Annoying wings fan, you need to chill out

Annoying wings fan: Piss off, Reasonable wings fan. Am I supposed to just remain silent while this (Flames/Sharks/Ducks) fan tries to defend their team against my 200th consecutive post about how everyone on their team puts babies on spikes and gets off on spilling the blood of innocents??

And in an amazing display of dazzling skill, Static shoots... he scores! :thumbup:

What I would like to see from fans of other teams is that they not allow themselves to get caught up in the drama, because it's the retaliatory penalty that always gets called, especially when one is playing an away game, so to speak. Don't take some of the postage flotsam and jetsam personally-- it's just off-ice trash talk.

Edited by RedRockit

Please stay shark fans, you guys were very classy and I really enjoyed your presence here.

It gets boring talking about ducks, bab sucks, and lang is lazy. blah, blah, blah. You guys bring nice energy to the forums.

Trust me, this is a very welcoming and classy forum despite of some of the other fools. And they usually go away while the good ol' true hockey fans stay here and talk hockey all year long.

I can't bear going a complete summer without other peoples opinions. Stay! :thumbup:

Yeah, it does. :rolleyes:

What happened during the Wings - Ducks series has been blown over by now. I'm one of the guilty ones who was a little "too passionate" during that series, and I apologize. I hope you reconsider, and decide to stay, as this board is a great place to talk about hockey. It does get pretty worked up during the playoffs, but you shouldn't have to worry about any of that during the offseason.

i'll give you the "elitism" part, but this place is a million times more respectable than the ducks forum. does that place even have mods?

edit: wtf? every time i type the ducks forum name it gets replaced with "disney.com".

Edited by FUUFNF