• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Agalloch

Hasek to return next year?

Rate this topic

Guest nutz2u

Hopefully Lang won't want to come back. I like making Lang jokes, and the whole support Lang thing was fun in the playoffs, but really now. Lang brings very little to this team, barring his two clutch goals, he's lazy (surprise I said that?!) and the fact that we already have an assload of centers is enough for me not to want him back. Filppula can easily take his spot on the second line.

s***,Half pint Hudler can out work and outskate Lang.

I think Holland is using the media to get the deals he wants. I think the comment about Bert signing for the right price for a guy that has just had back surgery is a pretty good tactic. Way to play it, Holland.

Hartnell is the @$$hole that everyone hates to play against, but would love to have them on their team...On 1 of the top 2 lines he'd probably get 25 to 30 goals; add to that he brings grit, & an edge (read nasty/dirty) to the game which is what we need.

I'd love Drury, darnit, but no way can we afford him OR Ryan Smyth. I'm kinda tired of hearing about them: we no longer have a Gold Card to get expensive players. We're working on a long-term fiscal plan in which Dats and Hank are our hedge against hockey inflation, so to speak.

Hartnell? Maybe so... I dunno. He'd get banged around a bunch in the West, and I wouldn't want to lose anyone for the POs, which (given Wing luck) could easily happen.

^^^What Nephilim said: true. Holland has been poor-mouthing since Wings/Ducks. Can't blame him, we ARE poor, but he's been relentless-- truthful, but relentless-- in using the media to send the message to his players.

"Play for love, or else."

Edited by RedRockit

Guest sverige

MLive

Sorry, this is a little bit off topic...

I didn't realize Jiri was becoming an UFA :( just as I was getting over the post-Ducks loss I have more reason to be depressed. I will donate my heart to Jiri if it means he can play again...for serious. Also, are players allowed to accept money from fans??? Maybe we could start a collection, entitled "Bring Back Bert...Markov...Schneids"...just a suggestion.

MLive

Is this person blaming the low cap on Jiri...oh hell to the no!

Guest bullocks

I'd love Drury, darnit, but no way can we afford him OR Ryan Smyth. I'm kinda tired of hearing about them: we no longer have a Gold Card to get expensive players. We're working on a long-term fiscal plan in which Dats and Hank are our hedge against hockey inflation, so to speak.

Hartnell? Maybe so... I dunno. He'd get banged around a bunch in the West, and I wouldn't want to lose anyone for the POs, which (given Wing luck) could easily happen.

^^^What Nephilim said: true. Holland has been poor-mouthing since Wings/Ducks. Can't blame him, we ARE poor, but he's been relentless-- truthful, but relentless-- in using the media to send the message to his players.

"Play for love, or else."

he played last year in the west. :unsure:

Uh - last 5 years :blush:

Heh, I knew I should have gone with my first instinct and asked for more info about him, because I really don't know all that much except he has potential concussion problems, at least so I'm told.

But I didn't want to derail a Hasek thread, so I'll go search if you guys have pimped SH on other threads (willing to bet you HAVE, am I right?).

Hasek was great this year, but honestly I think resting your Stanley Cup hopes on the groin of a 42 year old goaltender two seasons in a row is pressing your luck.

Unfortuntately the Wings don't have a lot of other options out there. Osgood doesn't instill much confidence as a starter anymore, it sounds like Howard isn't ready. And I'm not sure the Wings would be willing to participate in the Giguere sweepstakes that will be taking place this off season.

The goalie saga continues in Detroit...

Guest bullocks

At this point I dunno if we have much of a choice? Hasek will be our cheapest (I hope) & probably the best opportunity to get far into the playoffs...As you've already mentioned Giggy will cost alot, & fellow UFA Aebischer is good - dunno if he's as good as old-man Dom though...Other options are thru a trade ie Toskala, & Bryzgalov, but since I know little of each I won't comment on them :blush:

:lol:

hasek is definitely the best option

Hasek was great this year, but honestly I think resting your Stanley Cup hopes on the groin of a 42 year old goaltender two seasons in a row is pressing your luck.

Unfortuntately the Wings don't have a lot of other options out there. Osgood doesn't instill much confidence as a starter anymore, it sounds like Howard isn't ready. And I'm not sure the Wings would be willing to participate in the Giguere sweepstakes that will be taking place this off season.

The goalie saga continues in Detroit...

at this time next year we'll either love him or hate him. love him if his groin holds up, hate him if it doesnt lol but i agree with you, it is a risk...it didnt bite us in the ass this year, but it definitely could next.

Guest Crymson

Definitely a good thing if he comes back.

Ive bashed Holland as much as anyone here, and even i dont think he's stupid enough to bring Lang back.

Like I said, I'd support Holland in bringing Lang back if he signed Lang to a 13-cheeseburger contract for the season. 14 cheeseburgers would be too much, but 12-13 I could be ok with.

Hartnell is the @$$hole that everyone hates to play against, but would love to have them on their team...On 1 of the top 2 lines he'd probably get 25 to 30 goals; add to that he brings grit, & an edge (read nasty/dirty) to the game which is what we need.

No, he's the ******* that everyone hates to play against, and the ******* that I'd hate to have on the Wings. He's an amoral goon who couldn't care less about playing clean hockey. He gets his team up by taking cheap, illegal runs on opposing players, and I will not see the Wings win because one of their players disabled the other team's top man. That wouldn't be winning; it'd be simple assault. The Wings are a team which does not rely on underhanded methods to win; we win by playing good hockey. F*** Scott Hartnell; he can go to Anaheim if he wants to join another goonsquad.

Seriously, enough with the "I guarantee you'd love him if he played for the Wings" bulls***. It gets old when so many people think they know it. For my part, it is certainly not true of TooToo, Hartnell, or any of other other goons. I'd dislike them no matter where they played, and I can't say that I'd have much respect for those who would don the homer goggles.

Edited by Crymson

Yay!! Actually not very surprised. I mean Hasek made a mistake when he retired once, now why on earth would he retire. This guy is a 42.y.o. goalie genius, being like 24.y.o., being one of the top goaltenders in the league last year. He will ask more, for sure, but no problem. Anyone remembers CuJo-s 8 million US contract ??? Now that was a money flushed through the toilet pipes. CuJo did quite well but stank in the playoffs and was never worth the 8 Mil. But hey, isn't it all about results?? Hasek provides results and I am pretty sure that Wings had won the Cup if they had defeated Anaheim. Once again, Giguere was the main man. Offensively the Wings were better. Oh and yeah, we saw how much the Wings needed Schneider...

Hasek back!!! Sign Schneider!! Leave Lang.

MLive

Sorry, this is a little bit off topic...

I didn't realize Jiri was becoming an UFA :( just as I was getting over the post-Ducks loss I have more reason to be depressed. I will donate my heart to Jiri if it means he can play again...for serious. Also, are players allowed to accept money from fans??? Maybe we could start a collection, entitled "Bring Back Bert...Markov...Schneids"...just a suggestion.

MLive

Is this person blaming the low cap on Jiri...oh hell to the no!

It's not like Fischer being a FA is going to have much affect, given his situation I think. While I personally am rooting for him 100% to try to do the thing he loves for a living once again and I'm definitely not stopping him, he'll still be a high insurance policy for the NHL. The only way he returns is if he gets proper medical clearance, and I just don't see that happening anytime soon, even if there is another one-and-a-million chance of his condition happening again.

Yay!! Actually not very surprised. I mean Hasek made a mistake when he retired once, now why on earth would he retire. This guy is a 42.y.o. goalie genius, being like 24.y.o., being one of the top goaltenders in the league last year. He will ask more, for sure, but no problem. Anyone remembers CuJo-s 8 million US contract ??? Now that was a money flushed through the toilet pipes. CuJo did quite well but stank in the playoffs and was never worth the 8 Mil. But hey, isn't it all about results?? Hasek provides results and I am pretty sure that Wings had won the Cup if they had defeated Anaheim. Once again, Giguere was the main man. Offensively the Wings were better. Oh and yeah, we saw how much the Wings needed Schneider...

Hasek back!!! Sign Schneider!! Leave Lang.

2003 playoffs? While Joseph didn't give up many goals, a lot of the ones he did give up were of the backbreaker variety that he could have stopped probably.

2004 playoffs? Joseph was pretty damned good, especially in the Calgary series when the Wings couldn't score worth a hoot.

Every goalie, I don't care if you are Hasek, Joseph, Patrick Roy, Dan Cloutier, or Greg Goldberg from District-5, needs some offensive support, and CuJo didn't get much of it in either playoff season, especially 2004.

Now that hasek be all but signed... brin' back Lang 'n Bertuzzi

'n best o' all... Our first time since Ozzie in net we 'ave a goalie that wasn't booted aft nah winin' a cup in th' post season!!!!

Me times are changin'

Edited by OsGOD

Hasek is the best option for the Wings. Howard has only been in the minors two years so they are going to take their time with him. don't want to rush him along. And they seem ok with Howard as the future so they don't need to go sign a guy to a 3 year deal. Hasek will get one year and will give them a chance to win. He played great in the playoffs. I am not worried about his groin. Last year I was but it seemed to hold up this year so as of right now its not a worry for me.

I was listening to XM this morning and they were talking about an interview they had with Rich Winter (Hasek's agent) that took part yesterday. It really sounds like Hasek is leaning towards playing again next year.

They also spoke about the possiblity that Kozlov will return to Detroit.

Regarding Lang, from all accounts, it sounds as if Lang wouldn't return even if Holland desperately wanted him back. Lang wants out in a big way.

While I'm sure Hasek's base salary will be more than last year, I don't think it'll be leaps and bounds more than it was in 06/07. It's obvious Hasek doesn't care one bit about the money at this point, and that all he wants is to finish his career by winning one last Cup. You know Kenny will excercise that kind of concern to him when they're talking about his contract. It'll be along the lines of "Hey Dom, the less money you take, the more talent we can put on the ice, and give you the best chance to end your career by winning it all in June 08."

NFM's prediction:

2007/2008 Salary - $1,000,000

Playoff Bonuses Totaling up to - $1,500,000

Edit: Grammar

Edited by Never Forget Mac #25

Dom was arguably the bargain of the NHL in 2006-2007. Even with his success this past season, I suspect Dom will be reasonable in order to play one more year. More impressive to me than the low-ball salary was the hard work Dom put in. It took a lot of discipline and effort on his part to stay healthy and play at his best this season. That work ethic also contributed to other aspects of the team's mentality -- that intangible factor you hear about all the time. If Cheli and Dom can show up and work that hard, so should everyone else half their ages. :blush:

Related thought, sort of. I really hope we get Markov back. I really liked what I saw in him this season. We need someone with a little bit of snarl on his face... besides Chelios. :sly:

'n best o' all... Our first time since Ozzie in net we 'ave a goalie that wasn't booted aft nah winin' a cup in th' post season!!!!

Wow... now THERE'S a stat for ya. *shakes head in bemusement*

But that's Detroit for ya-- they should really recruit goalies from the personal ads in 'Masochist Monthly'.

While I'm sure Hasek's base salary will be more than last year, I don't think it'll be leaps and bounds more than it was in 06/07. It's obvious Hasek doesn't care one bit about the money at this point, and that all he wants is to finish his career by winning one last Cup. You know Kenny will excercise that kind of concern to him when they're talking about his contract. It'll be along the lines of "Hey Dom, the less money you take, the more talent we can put on the ice, and give you the best chance to end your career by winning it all in June 08."

NFM's prediction:

2007/2008 Salary - $1,000,000

Playoff Bonuses Totaling up to - $1,500,000

Edit: Grammar

Eklund thinks Hasek will get 5.5M :yowza:

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog.php?post_id=7975

Related thought, sort of. I really hope we get Markov back. I really liked what I saw in him this season. We need someone with a little bit of snarl on his face... besides Chelios. :sly:

I agree. I like the Lidstrom-Markov pair in the playoffs. But I don't see him sticking around sadly. Would love to see:

Lidsrom - Markov

Schneider - Kronwall

Lebda/Lilja - Chelios

We'll see soon enough I guess. I have more faith in Holland than ever before. I never doubted him before the cap but to me he's done a great job adjusting to the cap and getting guys that fit in at the right price.