• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

North Guy

Bertuzzi a Duck: 2-Years, $8M

Rate this topic

That's why I am upset. I don't get how Holland couldn't add another year onto his contract and meet halfway. He kept saying he wanted to re-sign Bert, yet it seems like he didn't push or want him enough on the Wings. I don't fault Bert at all for going to the Ducks. I knew someone would ****** him had the Wings not done something. He's a great player. I'm happy that we at least saw him play for a month or so. Makes me look at Bertuzzi and think of him in a totally new aspect. I've got respect for the man now. Best of luck, Todd. But not too much of course. ;)

As for Holland letting everyone go. I don't understand that either. After the really good post season run he kept saying that he would make very few changes. Then the past week he said 2 of the 4 big free agents on our team would most likely return. Not ONE of them has yet. I don't know what the guy is doing, or planning. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

i hope he breaks his back and schneider shatters his wrist

Classless don't ya think?

Schneider signed with the Ducks because it's where he lives. Family is the most important thing.

Bertuzzi signed with the Ducks because Holland only offered a year, when he wanted 3 or 4 due to him liking it here so much. How exactly is that Todd's fault?

That's why I am upset. I don't get how Holland couldn't add another year onto his contract and meet halfway. He kept saying he wanted to re-sign Bert, yet it seems like he didn't push or want him enough on the Wings. I don't fault Bert at all for going to the Ducks. I knew someone would ****** him had the Wings not done something. He's a great player. I'm happy that we at least saw him play for a month or so. Makes me look at Bertuzzi and think of him in a totally new aspect. I've got respect for the man now. Best of luck, Todd. But not too much of course. ;)

It wasn't just the term. $4 million a year is ridiculous for Bertuzzi at this stage of his career.

We have to trust that the best front office in the NHL knows more then us and will make the deals needed to get past the few "bad bounces" that kept them from getting to the finals this year....with all the guys mentioned above not even being a factor!!.

I'd love to believe this.

It wasn't just the term. $4 million a year is ridiculous for Bertuzzi at this stage of his career.

Bertuzzi kept saying it wasn't about the money. I kept hearing he was willing to take 2.5 mil, but just wanted a longer term. Regardless though, of course he's going to take 4 mil a year because the Ducks showed their interest and made him feel wanted. It's so obvious that a player like Todd would get around that much via free agency, that's why the Wings should of done something about it.

As for Holland letting everyone go. I don't understand that either. After the really good post season run he kept saying that he would make very few changes. Then the past week he said 2 of the 4 big free agents on our team would most likely return. Not ONE of them has yet. I don't know what the guy is doing, or planning. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Schneider signed with the Ducks because it's where he lives. Family is the most important thing.

Bertuzzi signed with the Ducks because Holland only offered a year, when he wanted 3 or 4 due to him liking it here so much. How exactly is that Todd's fault?

:clap:

sorry i didnt throw the *sarcasm* part in there :ph34r:

i really have nothing against them. im just heated because of losing our guys so i had to vent

I'd love to believe this.

It is true Blue/monk....look at the history past and recent.... other teams are envious

Past.....

..the best scouting staff....Lidstrom, Fedorov, Konstatinov...the list is huge

...the best deals...from Shanny for Primeau...to Coffey for a roll of tape...other then a few bumps (Jimmy Carson!!!) they always find something and it works...

Recent...

Hasek last year when no other team would even give him a cup of coffee...

Rafalski 2 days ago when Scheid's is leaving....

They will come through...count on it! :thumbup:

See, I tend to disagree with you a bit. I think the Ducks beat the Wings because they were the better team, not necessarily because they were the more intimidating team. Maybe a team has a player like Brad May, but that player is not the reason the team succeeds. The Ducks would have, at least in my opinion, been just fine without him.

I think we would all agree that Calgary and San Jose were both more physically formidable opponents than the Red Wings, but it was with skill, not toughness, that the Wings were able to win.

I'll give you Brad May, only because guys like Penner, Thornton, Getzlaf, Moen, Pronger and Rob Neidermeyer were getting it done physically (go ahead and throw in Perry too). Physical presence is usually the ONLY thing that slows Detroit down and most playoff teams know it (if not the world by now).

The Red Wings succeed in the playoffs at all because of skill at most if not all positions, unlike most other teams. Toughness has helped, but seemingly not enough.

Cheers

esteef

Edited by esteef

That's why I am upset. I don't get how Holland couldn't add another year onto his contract and meet halfway. He kept saying he wanted to re-sign Bert, yet it seems like he didn't push or want him enough on the Wings. I don't fault Bert at all for going to the Ducks. I knew someone would ****** him had the Wings not done something.

Bert at 3 years is a little much. He already is a gamble wherever he goes... I wanted #44 too, but honestly that's tough to justify.

Anaheim didn't even do it, though they coughed up another mill.

one thing that has me concerned is that the pool of big wingers and scoring forwards continues to dwindle... The loss of Bertuzzi may be compounded by the fact that Holland could be getting caught in an unfortunate bidding war and overpaying for a top-6 forward simply because there weren't many other options on the market.

Yashin, Kozlov and Guerin come to mind.

one thing that has me concerned is that the pool of big wingers and scoring forwards continues to dwindle... The loss of Bertuzzi may be compounded by the fact that Holland could be getting caught in an unfortunate bidding war and overpaying for a top-6 forward simply because there weren't many other options on the market.

Yep. He'll be blind-sided by a deal and end up with Lang Part 2.

f*** Pronger.

esteef

Guest Crymson

Sign Huddles and get us some big, cheap bodies... or else we're looking at a 3rd seed followed by an early out.

"Sharks vs Wings, game six: why the Wings will lose."

I do believe that was you. Case in point.

Bertuzzi kept saying it wasn't about the money. I kept hearing he was willing to take 2.5 mil, but just wanted a longer term. Regardless though, of course he's going to take 4 mil a year because the Ducks showed their interest and made him feel wanted. It's so obvious that a player like Todd would get around that much via free agency, that's why the Wings should of done something about it.

Ken Holland is not dumb. If Bert wanted $2.5m per year here, he would have gotten it hands-down, especially with the constant increases in the cap.

There was more to it, guaranteed.

The Market has gone from great , to crap :crazy:

Well, our only godsend is that the division still stinks so we almost win by default.

I hate to say it but I can't see how this team goes anywhere next year in the playoffs. The defense is still solid, Dom should be good again and the top line rocks but lines 2 thru 4 are, shall we say, less than stellar? Our 2nd line stunk last year but now we don't even have one. The 4th liners get bumped up to 2 but we might not even have Hudler back. Ughh....what a poochscrew. Grigorenko better be the next Sergei Fedorov but with the work ethic of Yzerman or it may not be pretty to watch.

Now we get to see how good Kenny Holland really is as a GM. Detroit isn't the preferred stopover to a Stanley Cup anymore and we don't have the cash to throw around. Oh, and Kenny refuses to sign most free agents to any long term deals which is great when you get someone who doesn't pan out but tends to keep the guys who want stability away.

I realize that it's only day 2 of free agency and a lot of things can still happen but tripping out of the gate tends to mean you can't catch up with the rest of the pack.

Guys, give me reason to believe!!! I'm almost putting my hopes on the Lions!

wow...this is absolutely ridiculous...what a bunch of fair weather fans...this was a pretty damn good team before we had Bertuzzi, who showed almost nothing in the playoffs...there is solid goaltending, stellar defence, and 2 of the best young stars in the league...way too much doom and gloom in here...get a life folks...they'll still have one of the top 3 seeds in the West...calm down already

if Bertuzzi liked it here so much he would have taken a shorter deal knowing that it could have paid off big time next summer...sure it's a risk but that's a chance you take...whatever...they'll find someone to replace him, especially since he ONLY PLAYED HERE FOR 2 MONTHS!

For the people who are flipping out right now. Chill out, the wings have one of the best GM's in hockey if not the best, Holland knows what he is doing. Bert is an injury prone player and in my opinion he lacks charicter. The Wings will be just as good as they were last season if not better with Rafalski who is one hell of a defensman, just ask the Rangers. You guys should be happy you have a compitent GM and ownership that is dedicated to winning.

if Bertuzzi liked it here so much he would have taken a shorter deal knowing that it could have paid off big time next summer...sure it's a risk but that's a chance you take...whatever...they'll find someone to replace him, especially since he ONLY PLAYED HERE FOR 2 MONTHS!

I'm stunned - this is awful. I don't want to overreact, but losing Bertuzzi is terrible. I wanted him back more than anyone else, including Hasek. Ken Holland messed up big time this time around. If Slava Kozlov comes here and gets anywhere near Bert's contract, it is a complete joke. The Red Wings have no physical capacity now, losing Bert and Markov. We desperately need a top six forward, and there are none left in the free agent market now. Besides Pav, Hank, and Homer who is going to score on this team? This is a very forgetable day.

Edited by GoWings1905