• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

North Guy

Bertuzzi a Duck: 2-Years, $8M

Rate this topic

That's why I am upset. I don't get how Holland couldn't add another year onto his contract and meet halfway. He kept saying he wanted to re-sign Bert, yet it seems like he didn't push or want him enough on the Wings. I don't fault Bert at all for going to the Ducks. I knew someone would ****** him had the Wings not done something. He's a great player. I'm happy that we at least saw him play for a month or so. Makes me look at Bertuzzi and think of him in a totally new aspect. I've got respect for the man now. Best of luck, Todd. But not too much of course. ;)

As for Holland letting everyone go. I don't understand that either. After the really good post season run he kept saying that he would make very few changes. Then the past week he said 2 of the 4 big free agents on our team would most likely return. Not ONE of them has yet. I don't know what the guy is doing, or planning. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Classless don't ya think?

Schneider signed with the Ducks because it's where he lives. Family is the most important thing.

Bertuzzi signed with the Ducks because Holland only offered a year, when he wanted 3 or 4 due to him liking it here so much. How exactly is that Todd's fault?

if Bertuzzi liked it here so much he would have taken a shorter deal knowing that it could have paid off big time next summer...sure it's a risk but that's a chance you take...whatever...they'll find someone to replace him, especially since he ONLY PLAYED HERE FOR 2 MONTHS!

sorry, I don't know why my computer keeps posting my post over and over!

I would have liked to have Bertuzzi back, but not for $4M a year. If we're spending that much on forwards, I'd rather see it go to Guerin or Kozlov and Fedotenko. Really any natural goal scorers would do. Add one or two wingers who can bury the puck and we'll be pretty solid.

Man, I'm glad we didn't sign Bertuzzi for $8 Million for the next two years.

Good move by Kenny and company to let the Ducks take him.

I say let the teams spend there money we will pick up a decent player people have patients we did not sign brett hull until august in 2002

I could not bring myself to read this entire thread... but f***.

Damnit Bert.

Now I officially don't like him. The Ducks?? Dang.

I hope we still get some grit and scoring this off-season..... he coulda been both. But 4mil is risky. Hope it burns the Ducks.

I still have faith Holland will get us what is needed.

I wasn't that crazy about bertuzzi and the fact that he didn't play much at all last year made him look a little better than he would have if he played a whole season. I don't know why people are in a panic about this guy. He won't be able to hold up for a whole season, and he is a shell of his former self after the Moore incident!

To the people who are saying this is the softest team of all time: there are plenty of soft teams out there. Look at some Eastern Conference rosters. There are some powder puffs out there.

To tell you the complete truth, I am pretty embarrassed for the people that actually put this much stake in the loss of TODD BERTUZZI. Mind you, this isn't the Bertuzzi 2001 model. This is Bertuzzi post-Moore, post-injury. I mean come on people, was that really the best two months of your Winged-Wheel wearing existance?

Todd Bertuzzi came here on an 11th hour trade deadline deal and I'd have to say my only regret was him riding the Wings train long enough in the playoffs to cost us more picks. He has for years been a perenially overrated player, probably due to his size and strength. But I would like all of you Bertuzzi lovers to tell me what he provided that was anymore than one Mr. Robert Lang, who we have all recognized as a big name coming from Washington who did nothing but move slow and in most recent years take up cap space.

Though due to my LGW monecre I may be seen as bias, I don't care. I see all of this bitching and moaning about how good Bertuzzi could be after a few good seasons years and years ago and two months wearing red and white and these same people said "good riddance, shanny. thanks for the cups, we don't need you". Brendan Shanahan gave the Wings great seasons, year in, year out and still dealt with the role of scapegoat for early round playoff exits. I'm sorry but it baffles the mind that so many supposed Wings fans, tattooed and piss pants over years of endless high-quality play can instantly deficate and swear defeat after the passing of such a blink of the eye, shot in the pants moment as Todd Bertuzzi as a Detroit Red Wing.

When in the last decade and a half have we ever been given reason to doubt? We have been so spoiled by great teams that we can't remember that before Yzerman, Lidstrom, Shanahan, the recent years of Datsyuk and Zetterberg, and the insight as to player movement and potential of KEN HOLLAND, the Detroit Red Wings had neither a pot to piss in or a window to throw it out.

I am completely confident that whatever happens in the next few days as far as player signing and money management, the Wings will field as potent a team as always and continue on this past year's success and progress toward another Stanley Cup. All we've done so far is cut the fat....

I'm just happy to know I'm not the only one that knows the Wings are better off and that without players like Lang and Bertuzzi, the Wings will be faster and more determined than ever. As other teams look for the quick fix, big name, big money players that sports writers drool over, the Detroit Red Wings will field a cohesive unit that will silently remain at the top of the league.

Ain't it a great time to be a Wings fan!

I don't care what anyone says, we just got a LOT smaller with the loss of Bert and the eventual loss of Markov. Rafalski doesn't make us bigger.

Kenny better fix this pronto. I see some players we are used to calling "******-bags" and "cheap-shot artists" coming to the Wings soon. If Anaheim pushed us around before...

Bottom line with the Ducks, they overpaid for Schneider and for Bert. The two players they picked up are not as good as the two players retiring. I think Bert is going to continue to have problems with his back, the bigger you are and the more weight you carry the harder it is to recover. The Wings said his back was ok but how do we know if they actually believed that. However, we do need some more size and grit. I am tired of watching the Wings getting smashed around. Isn't Detroit a blue collar town, since when do they stand for that.

I was under the impression that they did. Seeing as they have a Cup by being a physical team and we do not being a finesse team. I did my math wrong I thnk...

I saw the grittiest team I've seen in years from the Red Wings this playoffs - and that includes the 2002 cup winning team that smoked everyone on talent alone. Sure we have skilled "finesse" players but I think we have to give the nod to Babcock for getting these guys to play tough. They have the Cup because the ouplayed us by a very very slim margin - happens.

Right now I'm seeing the Ducks trade in Niedermayer and Selanne for Schneider and Bertuzzi. Good job by them to at least try to replace these guys (I'm not figuring there's any way to keep all of them so the Ducks may know the first two won't be back). That said, they haven't improved necessarily if that's the case.

Burke and Bertuzzi belong together - think about it....

Wings will be fine - no reason for Holland to overpay a guy who is at a very questionable point in his career right now.

I was under the impression that they did. Seeing as they have a Cup by being a physical team and we do not being a finesse team. I did my math wrong I thnk...

Actually, I think the (mis)perception that they out-physicalled us seems to come more from Pronger's dubious play than anything else. Sure, the Ducks were big and played gritty, but there was never a moment when we didn't hang right in there with 'em. We lost the series because we didn't score more goals, and that, quite honestly, came more from Giguere's solid (to put it mildly, heh) presence in net. Look what happened when Jiggy had an off-night-- we creamed 'em, and yet, the rest of the team didn't magically become smaller or less physical that game.