• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
MacK_Attack

Raycroft to Detroit?

Rate this topic

quite possibly. :lol:

I am starting a rumor that Hasek is not signing because he is concerned that the team will not be strong enough in front of him for even him to bail out on a consistent basis. Being the team player he has proved himself to be, he doesn't want to take Mr. I's money.

^^ I am pretty much kidding here. But, then again, to read through this forum, one would believe the Wings are going to be bottom feeders because they didn't pick up anyone of size or name-value. And here I thought we were pretty damned good to over-achieve to the point we did in the playoffs, what with injuries and all. :unsure:

I am confident that Dom will return. The word out of LA is that he turned down a 2 year 10million dollar offer. It's obviously not about the money with him, and as far as winning, I don't think there are any teams closer to winning a cup that are in need of a starting goaltender. Plus he likes playing for Detroit and the community. I say when Dom finally does retire we start a petition to retire his number, because buffalo isn't going to do it and he deserves it.

I am confident that Dom will return. The word out of LA is that he turned down a 2 year 10million dollar offer. It's obviously not about the money with him, and as far as winning, I don't think there are any teams closer to winning a cup that are in need of a starting goaltender. Plus he likes playing for Detroit and the community. I say when Dom finally does retire we start a petition to retire his number, because buffalo isn't going to do it and he deserves it.

He probably will come back. I am not sure it's the best move for Dom, but it would be for Detroit.

They'll never retire his number in Detroit, I don't think. And watch out, you'll have everyone jumping down your throat for saying that, Booster. I expect Buffalo will, in fact, retire his number at some point, however.

He certainly was the franchise there for most of a decade.

I just got in from work, the guys there were like "hey Andrew, you hear that we are getting Draper from you guys for Raycroft?" Surely this is FALSE. Holland would never trade Draper away, let alone for Raycroft. He also has a no trade clause which he would not waive, even if he is a Torontonian. But what I am trying to say, are there more developments with this rumour?

I just got in from work, the guys there were like "hey Andrew, you hear that we are getting Draper from you guys for Raycroft?" Surely this is FALSE. Holland would never trade Draper away, let alone for Raycroft. He also has a no trade clause which he would not waive, even if he is a Torontonian. But what I am trying to say, are there more developments with this rumour?

for some reason, the "Draper for Raycroft" rumor has been floating around all day. Theres no way it can be true though......unless Holland got knocked in the head at the golf course.

This move would piss me off more then losing Schnider.

I have no faith in raycroft and don't think that he is worth 2 mill a year. Don't make this one happen Kenny or might just lose all faith in you.

What is with the Red Wings and shopping for middle of the line goalies that aren't tested.

First CuJo, now this?

Sure Raycroft has talent and potential. But aren't the Wings trying to win a Stanley Cup now, not in 3 years when Raycroft is a vet.

I honestly, don't know that much about Raycroft, but as our starter I don't think it would be the wisest of moves.

Are you stating that Cujo is a middle of the line goaltender and not tested? :unsure:

Sorry, he is only middle of the line. He is tested.

Apologies

The point I was trying to make was that CuJo had never shown he could carry a team to the cup.

Edited by DyingAlive

Apologies

The point I was trying to make was that CuJo had never shown he could carry a team to the cup.

No need for the apology. ;)

Hmm. I beg to differ on Cujo. He was great for us in '04, but the guys in front didn't do anything in return.

Apologies

St louis , sucked. Edmonton , could never get past the WCF without Gretzky , Toronto , in 02 they almost got there , but Mr Clutch Martin Gelinas stopped them, Detroit , we couldnt score enough goals , Phoenix , ummm nuff said.

CuJo deserves a cup but probably wont get one

Gerber may be available too. I read on thefourthperiod That the Sens are looking to free up some cap space and one of the names mentioned was Gerber. I'd rather have Gerber as a plan B than Raycroft!!!

Some above siad LA offered a two year 10Million$ deal. Which makes me kinda believe Dom could be looking for 5-6 million for one year and there is noway Kenny will ante up that kinda dough for him.

Edited by Johnny Diamonds

No need for the apology. ;)

Hmm. I beg to differ on Cujo. He was great for us in '04, but the guys in front didn't do anything in return.

ya I was actually present at game 6 against the flames. He was on his head saving more then 40 shots. You could tell he wanted it so bad! I felt so sorry for him after.........

oh god... not the freaking gerber talk again!

Gerber or Raycroft?????

Hmm, I choose JFH.... Give Jimmy the backup spot.

Edited by OsGOD

Guest bullockz

Then just for precautionary measures ya better start wearing Depends :hehe:

i live in toronto...watch alot of leafs games...he lets in atleast one bad goal a night. he's horrible.

Guest bullockz

Dunno if I'd label him "horrible"; I see alot of Leaf games as well...To me he appears to make most of the tuff saves, but for 1 reason or another he loses his focus, & lets in a weak goal; sometimes it's his own Dmen that give him grief.

Either way I get the impression that he deflects responsibility pretty well - guess ya gotta when playing in T.O.

Would I want him in Detroit? Well I'd much rather have Dom back in net for us.

BTW what's your impression of Kubina? Seems like a solid defensive Dman with some offensive upside.

u know who raycroft would be, he'd be another legace. letting a weak goal in a game. he'd get us to the playoffs the let in the key goal jus like legace did against edmonton.

kubina, i like him...i think he's pretty solid and he also was a key part of tampa bay's cup. he's better then mccabe, thats for sure.

Guest bullockz

Think you're onto something there; just like Manny - Raycroft seems to unravel a bit when it's a really big game.

Kubina would fit in well on Detroit; too bad his paycheck is $5 million...Gotta ask yourself; would you rather have Markov @ $3.5 to $4 million (his asking price as rumors go), or Kubina @ his salary :unsure:

If the cap space is there - I'd take Kubina.

neither...we have $8 mill in cap room - holland states thats for hasek, hudler (now signed), a top 6 forward, and depth defenseman...which might have been ference, but i hope not.

im still waiting on the top 6 forward tho.

Guest bullockz

If Holland means depth as in taking over for Markov - then he's talkin' about a legit #4 Dman right? Because that's what Markov was for the most part; maybe they're planning on placing either Lilja, or Lebda in that slot.

As for a top 6 forward the only guy out there for the job is Guerin unless Holland swings a trade.

naw, "depth defenseman" means a #6, #7 guy...like a quincey...

and yah guerin is the only dude left out there....

*sigh*

Guest bullockz

That's what I think, but once again does anyone here feel comfortable with whom we currently have on our roster to fill Markov's spot? We're asking someone to play 20 plus minutes every night, play smart "D" minded game in his own end, limit getting outta place/geting burned by the opposition, most likely on the pk unit, & this of course will be against the other teams top 2 lines...Chelios can probably handle it for some time, but @ 45 years of age do we want him out there night after night throughout an 82 game schedule?

i wouldn't worry about that, after lidstrom, rafalski, and kronwall...they can share the load. remember, rafalski is also a horse, he can play big minutes.