• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

SweWings

Z: I want to spend my career in Detroit

Rate this topic

This really just makes my day.....!!! Go Hank!!!... And I love it even more cause I just changed my number for next season to 40 cause I look up to the guy so much...!!! GO Z

For a second I thought that said "I look like the guy so much." I was like, double take. Still, you can't go wrong being #40.

I can't wait to see what they offer Hank. I know I'm biased but I'm pretty sure management sees him in the same light I do. Of course he will never be the next Stevie, but here's to him being damn close my friends...DAMN CLOSE.

Party at my house the day we re-sign Hank.

Guest Canadian Wings

I love Hank, even tho he's Swedish, but that's okay. Swedes are the same as Canadians, they all bust their asses.

I LOVE YOU HANK!

P.S. your GF has amazing boobs.

I am so pumped! I love Z! I hope he stays here, has a long productive career, and ends up next to Stevie in the rafters (his number, that is).

side note:

So does Emma moving here mean that Kronner is the undisputed #1 unattached Red Wing hunk? Or am I dreaming?

back to topic:

Has anyone heard how his wrist is doing? I'm sure the offseason is good for resting it. It's a chronic problem, though, right? Any worries about this? I'd hate to see someone that great not be able to live up to his potential.

There really isn't anything interesting in the article other than Zetts saying, "If Detroit wants to, I'll sign a contract for the rest of my career."

- Girlfriend Emma Andersson (a Swedish TV celebrity) will be moving to Birmingham this fall to live in Hank's 5000 square feet house.

Talk about being ready to say "I do", like.. seriously! Honestly, that line stands out to me like... a lot. Who says that? Who thinks that?

And for anyone (and everyone) anticipating Z's showing himself as a franchise player... seriously, I think this is going to be a career year for him. He got notice from Wayne and others before his injury last season, I really think he'll show us some even bigger magic this go-'round.

I really, truly do.

Guest LivingtheDream

Hey all, don't you think it is something of a sure bet the Wings will wrap this up just as they did with Dats? No less than Stevie Y has said these two are our future. Of all things to worry about, losing Hank is not one of the things on my mind. I say look for a nice long term deal well before UFA.

I was just wondering the other day if Zetterberg would stick around and how franchise players are so rare these days.

I would love for both Datsyuk and Zetterberg to stay for their careers, but they really do remind me of Federov and Yzerman, respectively. Which makes me worry about Datsyuk.

That's cool that Zetterberg said he can't complain about his salary. Maybe he won't bleed us dry for his life contract. Althoguh, even if he did it'd be worth it.

Hey all, don't you think it is something of a sure bet the Wings will wrap this up just as they did with Dats? No less than Stevie Y has said these two are our future. Of all things to worry about, losing Hank is not one of the things on my mind. I say look for a nice long term deal well before UFA.

Yes, it was somewhat of a fore gone conclusion that we would do everything in our power to retain Z when his contract is up. But hearing this from Zetts, is very comforting. We know that he wants to commit to us forever. Oh, and what Stevie says, happens.

After see Datsyuk signing on long term and how good it is to be here why would you want to leave? He is the future and why would you want to leave playing with Dats when they kick butt together. They are a better version of Kariya and Selanne when they were in their primes, as far as chemistry on the ice, imo. They are a duo you don't want to play against.

this is great news! I was really hoping that dats and zata were going to stay there entire career, and now it looks that way. yep great news

I would love for both Datsyuk and Zetterberg to stay for their careers, but they really do remind me of Federov and Yzerman, respectively. Which makes me worry about Datsyuk.

I thought this too, the major difference (IMO) is that Feds wanted the spotlight, he had the gf who was a celeb, he wanted to be a celeb, and his ego needed to be fed (no pun intended).

Dats seems so much quieter, so much happier to be in the background so to speak.

Not that he is option 2 to Z, but he doesn't seem to mind being option 1b.

Feds seemed to be bothered by the fact he was the second fiddle to Yzerman, and then Lids started to get a lot of spotlight, Shanny was given credit for being the missing link to the championships and then poof, when his contract was up he was out of the D.

I just don't get the flashy personality feeling from Dats, his play is, but i don't think he is.

Edited by Opie

cue theme music from 'The Godfather'

:lol:

I am so pumped! I love Z! I hope he stays here, has a long productive career, and ends up next to Stevie in the rafters (his number, that is).

side note:

So does Emma moving here mean that Kronner is the undisputed #1 unattached Red Wing hunk? Or am I dreaming?

back to topic:

Has anyone heard how his wrist is doing? I'm sure the offseason is good for resting it. It's a chronic problem, though, right? Any worries about this? I'd hate to see someone that great not be able to live up to his potential.

I imagine having his GF around will help alleviate those chronic wrist problems

For a second I thought that said "I look like the guy so much." I was like, double take. Still, you can't go wrong being #40.

I can't wait to see what they offer Hank. I know I'm biased but I'm pretty sure management sees him in the same light I do. Of course he will never be the next Stevie, but here's to him being damn close my friends...DAMN CLOSE.

Party at my house the day we re-sign Hank.

WoooW...yeah :D ....We'll hold you to that Rabs , I'll bring the beer. :P

It'll be awsome if we manage to keep the Euro Twin's together in Detroit for their whole career's. :):thumbup: