• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Cicada

Zetterberg injured?

Rate this topic

I wonder what'll happen if Zetterberg has another somewhat injury-riddled season? Would we be able to re-sign him for cheap? Would we refuse to re-sign him if his agent tried to get too much money?

Good point... but: See Kronwall.

i can hear the forskin fans saying get er done kenny

Not without the 1-800-hansons infront of it!!!!

Imagine a Back problem still causing trouble for a player... Everyone seemed to run bad back Bertuzzi out of town as he was useless with his nagging back injury and quickly gained another Bert V2.0 in Zeta young injured back...

Dammit! Heres to hoping he will come back at least about a week before playoffs! Rest up lad... These take a long time to heal.

Edited by OsGOD

I still remember that game and the crosscheck too, god dammit.

Ever since he got sidelined and they said it was his back, I knew he'd/we'd be facing stuff like this... but the guy is too good to deserve his career taking a hit this way. He's barely even gotten his acclaim yet.

Please tell me youre kidding. Even if we had Bob Probert in his prime back on the Wings, any physical player in his right mind would risk a fight with Probert to get Zetterberg off the ice for however long. The majority of players that will take shots at guys like Zetterberg and Datsyuk arent going to be scared of a fight or two.

Who the fûck was it?

Brad Stuart.

YoungGuns was directing his post at someone else, but on that topic: Enforcement out there won't stop somebody bent on putting a guy out, but incidental stuff (like Stuart's crosscheck) would start to dry up.

Hell if any of the guys simply rabidly defended eachother, it'd start.

Brad Stuart.

YoungGuns was directing his post at someone else, but on that topic: Enforcement out there won't stop somebody bent on putting a guy out, but incidental stuff (like Stuart's crosscheck) would start to dry up.

Hell if any of the guys simply rabidly defended eachother, it'd start.

Dont get me wrong, I think an enforcer would solve some of Detroits problems, but I dont think things like this.

According to the Wings, Zetterberg is fine.

That's what they're saying, but I don't doubt they aren't keeping the details a little trimmed.

I guess we'll find out what's what when he starts playing for a few months... I just won't be surprised if we see this keep haunting Z as the season progresses

-- /adds a mini-rant slash long ass extra paragraph

And YoungGuns: I think it probably would've been in the back of Stuart's mind when Z was going with him that night along the boards though. If you're pissed and going to crosscheck somebody, you're probably gonna do it, but the more examples you've heard made out of guys carry some weight when you decide in those couple seconds what you're gonna do.

It won't stop everything, and who knows, it might not stop the most blatant injuries (Pronger would have bounced Homer's face off the glass anyway, even if it were with '98's squad, because he's Chris "It's My Wife's Fault, Blame Her" Pronger), and you can't measure this stuff, but enforcers... yeah, they aren't the answer.

It's like as harold and others are pointing out specifically, it's team toughness. When you get excited about one big guy (Bert) finally getting on the roster like Detroit did, and when LGW actually is very stirred after a (rare) display of some Wing (rarely) sticking up for somebody after a line's been crossed, you know one thing:

Your team doesn''t have enough of whatever even fans are starving for, let alone the team unit itself.

I truly hope that Zetts will be back healthy and strong and that this was just a precaution by the team to prevent further injury. I certainly don't want him to start the season sort of half healthy - I'd rather have him wait a bit.

And about enforcerers - I just think we lack those attitude players, someone who takes dumb penalties but also stands up and protects his team-mates.

Not without the 1-800-hansons infront of it!!!!

Imagine a Back problem still causing trouble for a player... Everyone seemed to run bad back Bertuzzi out of town as he was useless with his nagging back injury and quickly gained another Bert V2.0 in Zeta young injured back...

Dammit! Heres to hoping he will come back at least about a week before playoffs! Rest up lad... These take a long time to heal.

OsGod, I have a serious question for you. I realize people have the rose-colored Z glasses on all the time here at LGW, but why do you feel the need to knock down Z at pretty much every opportunity you get? I've noticed this since the past postseason, and was curious.

It seems like the common theme in your posts is that too many LGW'ers rip on a guy like Lang or other "regulars" on the Wings, and to balance it off you rip Z whenever he has an off game. Of course the stars and fan favorites are going to get some free passes from the fans simply because of who they are, but even stars have off nights. It just seems like you take almost every opportunity to knock Z down after one of those such nights.

The difference between guys like Z and the "regulars" on the Wings, is that Z is a much better player night-in and night-out. Thus LGW'ers rip on these "regulars" because their play is more often detrimental to the team. Z on the other hand plays at a higher level the majority of the time, and when he all of a sudden has a poor game, it seems like you feel its necessary to compare his play to that of a guy like Sammy's.

I just don't get it.

Edited by Never Forget Mac #25

I truly hope that Zetts will be back healthy and strong and that this was just a precaution by the team to prevent further injury. I certainly don't want him to start the season sort of half healthy - I'd rather have him wait a bit.

And about enforcerers - I just think we lack those attitude players, someone who takes dumb penalties but also stands up and protects his team-mates.

I agree with your comment about us lacking the attitude players, but it's not like we don't have players that take dumb penalites now. Everyone takes dumb penalties from time to time. That's no excuse for not having an enforcer.

I agree with your comment about us lacking the attitude players, but it's not like we don't have players that take dumb penalites now. Everyone takes dumb penalties from time to time. That's no excuse for not having an enforcer.

IMO, we don't need an enforcer, we need team toughness and size. There's a big difference.

I think the wings should just start all over cut everyone. We need a enforcer, we need top 6 wing, I have no idea how this team has made the playoffs the past 15 years.

Because we used to have enforcers and top six wingers to spare. :P

yeah....5 years ago...Still made the playoffs every year since

Guess I should have added more than " :P " to show a funny.

Next time though I'll be more responsible and do something like this:

:siren: Attempt at a joke to follow :siren:

Insert funny zinger here

:siren: Joke has past, please continue :siren: