• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
KrazyGangsta

Nhl Network

Rate this topic

I was just thinking about it right now and I wanted to know if I'm the only one that thinks about it this way ... I love hockey my fav. sport ... but for some reason i enjoy watching NFL network over NHL Network ... NHL Network is plain boring ... they only show old games and they only show the past playoffs games over and over again ... NFL has like inside training camp ... total access (daily live news update around nfl) Nhl network ... i barely see the nhl on the fly program and its probably a repeat and really really boring ... Why dont they make it more interesting they dont even broadcast any live broadcast of players or coaches that do an announcement ... once in a full moon ...

Am I the only one that thinks NFL Network is way better managed then the Nhl Network ???

NFL NETWORK > NHL NETWORK ... ???

I've never seen the NFL network but the NHL network is pretty lame. The only reason i watch it is for the On The Fly so i dont have to wait through the highlights of other sports. I'm only really into hockey, don't have the patience for any other sports.

My issue with it is they play the same games over the course of the day. One classic game from the nineties and one recent game, both playoff games. They have more then enough archived footage not to repeat games. Plus most people who have the network would have PVR (Canadian TiVo)

The NFL is the most boring game of the "big four" IMO.

Play for five seconds, talk about it for 15. BORING

So with that, anything that the NFL produces is boring. Mock drafts, a network ... YAWN.

Yeah the league occasionally gets lucky with a truly exciting game, once or twice a season, but mostly it's boring.

Even it's big game is a snore fest. There's been one or two memorable super bowls and it has the most boring half-time shows too. The past one with Prince is the exception that proves the rule.

Oh and worst all -star game belongs to the NFL too.

American football lends itself to TV timeouts and that is the only reason it's popular IMO.

Attending a game is synonymous with torture IMO. It's only redeeming quality is the sideline eye candy.

The NFL is the most boring game of the "big four" IMO.

Play for five seconds, talk about it for 15. BORING

So with that, anything that the NFL produces is boring. Mock drafts, a network ... YAWN.

Yeah the league occasionally gets lucky with a truly exciting game, once or twice a season, but mostly it's boring.

Even it's big game is a snore fest. There's been one or two memorable super bowls and it has the most boring half-time shows too. The past one with Prince is the exception that proves the rule.

Oh and worst all -star game belongs to the NFL too.

American football lends itself to TV timeouts and that is the only reason it's popular IMO.

Attending a game is synonymous with torture IMO. It's only redeeming quality is the sideline eye candy.

boring or not ... they know what they have to do to get fans

yea last night they tellivised the green bay packers scrimmage...i still havent seen a single clip of hockey on tv this summer =(

Did they make the cable companies pay for that scrimmage to air it?

boring or not ... they know what they have to do to get fans

I don't think they did anything. I think it's more conducive to TV viewing, and there's only one game per week so it's easier to follow during the season Casual fans don't necessarily have to be die-hard fans to keep up with three or four or more, which is the case with hockey, basketball, and baseball.

If the NHL was smart, they would hire one of the head marketing guys(or gals) from NASCAR or the NFL and get them to actually market this game. Was last year the horrible marketing campaign with the hockey samurai warrior thing or was that the year before? Either way, ridiculous... ESPN did the best marketing of the NHL I can ever remember. Hilarious and also let us get to know some of the star players.

The NFL doesn't need to be defended, they have a quality product that people love. They are number one for a reason.

yea last night they tellivised the green bay packers scrimmage...i still havent seen a single clip of hockey on tv this summer =(

The only hockey I have seen on this summer has been on the MSG channel. They have been playing Ranger games from this past season. I dont really care for the Rangers, but it is better than nothing.