• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
zata40

NEW WINGS JERSEY!

Rate this topic

The design differences are because of the sweater itself, not because the Wings changed it. They don't have control over the construction of the sweater - that's on Reebok. And for the neckline, blame the NHL - they wanted the NHL crest visible at the neckline. Of course they didn't have to do that little V-shpaed insert (they could have done it below the point on the collar) but they didn't.

As for the size patch on the front, as long as it isn't ironed on, you should be able to take it off. Just like the size patch on the back waistband of your Levi's. Not a big deal.

Like I, and many others, have already said, it could have been so very much worse! These changes are noting, really! Very, very minor.

With all due respect, I think some people are being just a bit nitpicky... :ph34r: :angel:

Actually, guys, I'm not convinced yet that the shoulders have changed... Maybe I'm just seeing it different than everyone here, but look at the shoulder of the road/white jersey closely... There is a definite white part that trails around the unseen side of that sleeve. Now, that may just be the way that the sleeve is attached, but to me that looks like it could be the little shoulder extension prevalent on the classic Wings jersey...

IMO, the jury's still out on if the shoulder area has changed at all. Unless someone has better proof out there that we haven't seen...

Actually, guys, I'm not convinced yet that the shoulders have changed... Maybe I'm just seeing it different than everyone here, but look at the shoulder of the road/white jersey closely... There is a definite white part that trails around the unseen side of that sleeve. Now, that may just be the way that the sleeve is attached, but to me that looks like it could be the little shoulder extension prevalent on the classic Wings jersey...

IMO, the jury's still out on if the shoulder area has changed at all. Unless someone has better proof out there that we haven't seen...

I concur

:huh:

The design is nearly identical. I guarantee you the only difference you'll notice when they are actually on the players' bodies is the different collar (big deal) and the tighter fit (again, big deal).

nearly identical..but more ugly.

To you it doesn't make a difference...to me, I pay attention to detail, and I don't like the stuff they changed. It doesn't look as good. I guess it's not supposed to be fashionable so it doesn't matter.

Yeah, people act like everyone's getting SO bent out of shape.

Not true. I just don't like the changes. I'm not even a change nazi...just the specific changes they made are ugly.

I haven't cussed about it one time!!

That is exactly what I was saying... I will withold absolute judgement until i seem them on the ice... but from my vantage point, they should does looked messed up.

The design differences are because of the sweater itself, not because the Wings changed it. They don't have control over the construction of the sweater - that's on Reebok. And for the neckline, blame the NHL - they wanted the NHL crest visible at the neckline. Of course they didn't have to do that little V-shpaed insert (they could have done it below the point on the collar) but they didn't.

As for the size patch on the front, as long as it isn't ironed on, you should be able to take it off. Just like the size patch on the back waistband of your Levi's. Not a big deal.

The ones they used to put on the sleeve (ugly) or on the back right side (even uglier) were stiched and ironed on ... much like the lettering.

I do understand you can take it off but just like the jeans, they underneath part where the patch was will still look distorted to an extent.

I also understand that the design is of the sweater itself and no the Wings... I could care less if the wings changed it or not actually... the fact is it has been changed (i am not keen on the whole form-fitting idea for the typical fan use either) and the changes that appear to have been made are fugly. But like I said before, since the overall look is similar to the "old" style... I will continue to wear one of my twenty other old style jerseys as i like the form and function they provide to the every day fan... I am not a player, I don't need a form fitting (nor do I want a form fitting) jersey.

Edited by OsGOD

Wow, people like to complain. All you have to do is buy uniform a bigger size and it won't be hugging you like it will the players. So that isn't really a change.

THe only changes is a curve in the tip of the logo and the NHL logo. Seriously, folks, the changes are practically nothing. A casual fan probably wouldn't even notice a difference. Quit being so prissy.

Wow, people like to complain. All you have to do is buy uniform a bigger size and it won't be hugging you like it will the players. So that isn't really a change.

THe only changes is a curve in the tip of the logo and the NHL logo. Seriously, folks, the changes are practically nothing. A casual fan probably wouldn't even notice a difference. Quit being so prissy.

I guess it sucks that I am not just a casual fan and I am a jersey collector than eh? <_<

I don't think the shoulder on the home jersey hasn't changed. If you look very closely, there is a little dip of a "U". You can't see the whole thing, merely the very top where it would start to slope down.

Apart from that ghastly patch and the fact that they had to be streamlined, I think they look great. They're only different in proportion, which had to happen anyway. What's the problem?

IPB Image

Here are my issues detail from NEW on left and OLD on right

Shoulder U has been removed it is now almost cut straight (top black line)

Bottom white stripe has been trimmed in width making the whole jersey look out of proportion.

You could even say that the white band on the arms has been moved closer to the hands as well.

Also if you want to go even further the Crest itself is laying more horizontal than it used too, also throwing off the proportion of the jersey.

Just saying, that is what I notice without seeing the actual jersey in action.

Edited by OsGOD

I don't see anything being put off proportion by the thickness of a line. Actually, I think the newer ones are more balanced. The bottom white stripe looks better on the new ones. Now, the tag does look retarded.

In case anyone was wondering, heres what Lets Go Blues thinks of our jerseys. I was bored and came across this:

Click!

:lol: good stuff. Some funny guys over there. They be hatin on Homer to, lol.

Edited by Chase

:lol: i like how the blues fans are chewing each other up over the original 6, fighting weather it's legit or not.

BTW one of the blues sigs have a link to a possible blues jersey leek, it's UGLY! i hope it's real, we need something to laugh at now that the mustard jersey is gone

http://www.checkingline.com/

IPB Image

:lol: i like how the blues fans are chewing each other up over the original 6, fighting weather it's legit or not.

BTW one of the blues sigs have a link to a possible blues jersey leek, it's UGLY! i hope it's real, we need something to laugh at now that the mustard jersey is gone

IPB Image

They wouldn't go for that. Maybe the piping... turning the bottom of it into a dress with the stripe is a no though. St. Louis will do a good job.

On the fan-barf they perennially got going on, it gets ignored. It's stupid, they don't even know why they do it..

poor Blues fans, hopefully they field a team this year.

I think they are fine....i bet we wont see much of a change once they are on.

My only issue is the 'v-neck' with the NHL logo. I understand all teams have gotta have it, but looking at these new jerseys, the ones with tie ups - like the rangers and bruins - look much better.

Don't crucify me for saying this, but i wouldn't mind seeing the Wings jersey with a tie up.

IPB Image

HAHAHAHAHAHA I was waiting for someone here to post that. I know the guy who made that fake manip. He made it as a test to see how long it would take before it got spread around. So no, it's not even close to being real.

My only issue is the 'v-neck' with the NHL logo. I understand all teams have gotta have it, but looking at these new jerseys, the ones with tie ups - like the rangers and bruins - look much better.

Don't crucify me for saying this, but i wouldn't mind seeing the Wings jersey with a tie up.

Well, the Wings don't have a tradition of laces on their jerseys. More to the point, the Wings have NEVER had laces on their jerseys... No need to start now.

HAHAHAHAHAHA I was waiting for someone here to post that. I know the guy who made that fake manip. He made it as a test to see how long it would take before it got spread around. So no, it's not even close to being real.

I had a felling it was fake. to bad, I was hoping for a good laugh.

but seriously who are we going to make fun of now that the mustard jersey is gone?

I am not offended by these changes. Much nicer than the stuff they were pimping at the Olympics - which I think was made by a different company? Anywho.

Yeah, that was Nike. Every time I see the new NHL uniforms I say a small prayer of thanks to the hockey gods that Nike didn't manufacture these uniforms. Nike is an abomination. They have a tendency to impose designs on teams that never asked for them.

Yeah, that was Nike. Every time I see the new NHL uniforms I say a small prayer of thanks to the hockey gods that Nike didn't manufacture these uniforms. Nike is an abomination. They have a tendency to impose designs on teams that never asked for them.

Yeah I agree.

Nike does some truly crazy stuff with their uniform designs.

i'v got a better picture of the away jersey now, and it looks like we are going to have the shoulders like last year.

IPB Image

and is it just me or is the wheel not so round and more of an oval?

Its just the way you are viewing the picture.... The angle you are viewing the jersey on is skewed therefore you are seeing as an ever so slight ellipse.

I am happier now with this latest pic... althought that God Awful patch in the front that the "regular" fans will have to receive if they don't want to dish out the top Dollars is well as I just said God Awful... I am staying with the 15 or so old style jerseys I have now.

Depending on the type of stitching they use for the tag (I am hoping the people at Reebok are not as evil as I picture and that they didn't Glue the tag to jersey as well as stitch it) very well might cause some weird looking lower fronts for many that try to take it off. oh well... I am going to see if I can get some more "old" jerseys on good sales.

Edited by OsGOD