• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
JayUp88

Season Tickets

Rate this topic

So after many years on the waiting list i finally got the e-mail from Holland today leting me know it was my turn for wings season tickets. Funny thing is its about the worst time for me and money, i'll have to hurry up and figure out what to do

So after many years on the waiting list i finally got the e-mail from Holland today leting me know it was my turn for wings season tickets. Funny thing is its about the worst time for me and money, i'll have to hurry up and figure out what to do

The same thing happened to me last year. It was the worst timing, I just got married, and bought a house. I called anyway to get them (I couldn't let the opportunity pass me by). Then found out that all they had were $150 seats. There was no chance I could've pulled that off. I had to settle for buying a huge flat screen and watching them from my living room.

:lol:

They are probably the ones we just turned down this season... TAKE GOOD CARE OF THEM!!!!!!!

It was fun while it lasted... but my wallet really thanks me for not renewing this season.

I put myself back on the waitlist, so in the future we will get the call again.

Edited by OsGOD

I just got the same email as well. Obviously, I have no use for the tickets living in Texas.

Anyone want 'em?

For all you people who complain you can't go to a game because the suits buy all the tickets, here's your chance to put up or shut up ;)

I just got the same email as well. Obviously, I have no use for the tickets living in Texas.

Anyone want 'em?

For all you people who complain you can't go to a game because the suits buy all the tickets, here's your chance to put up or shut up ;)

I will be so pissed if someone buys them from you now when I offered them up for a month (at below face value) :angry::lol:

Put up or shut up! I have been saying that for a year to all those complaing, spot on!

But in all fairness to them.. it is always easy to ***** when it is someone ELSES money that is being spent...

Edited by OsGOD

haha just got the same e-mail... I figured this list was a lot longer then a year.... haha... Im still in college in VA... so thats not going to happen... Yea so looks like im going to have to pass them up... I guess a lot of people passed up there season tickets this year...?

haha just got the same e-mail... I figured this list was a lot longer then a year.... haha... Im still in college in VA... so thats not going to happen... Yea so looks like im going to have to pass them up... I guess a lot of people passed up there season tickets this year...?

I would guess many of those Non-corporate season ticket holder... living in michigan are passing this year. Such a shame all it would take is Mr. Moneybags to lower the cost of the freakin' tickets and not so many people would be turning them down. I now know of 7 different pairings of season ticket holders (including myself) who have turned down their renewal this season.

I put my name back on the list mid last season... I will s*** a brick lauging hysterically if they give me an e-mail :lol: that would be priceless.

Steve Yzerman left a voicemail on my work phone letting me know that it is time to renew my tickets and that I havent' yet.... Sorry Stevie... your boss is a money *****!

How fair is that... you guys get an e-mail... I get a phone call <-- Trying to tie this into "I know what you did last summer" :lol:

I wish I could check my hotmail account at work so that I could see if I got the e-mail

This is funny... I am guessing out side of corporate this is looking like a 100% changing of the guards at the joe season ticket level

Whomever picks Sectoin 214 R11 Seats 7&8... take good care of them!

Edited by OsGOD

I turned mine down this year as well. There really is no point in buying season tickets right now. A third of the games are against Columbus, Chicago and Nashville. Got sick of seeing those teams. Also, the tickets were readily available up to the day of the game last year for pretty much any game, including the playoffs.

I have them and will be selling some. It must be really bad, I got a letter last week for the 1st annual trade seat program. I get to go down and look at all the available seats and if I like I can pick better ones then I have now. Or if I choose I can keep the ones I have. Granted I'm at the end of the week so I imagine the seats I want will be gone, but this is the third year I've had them.

Edited by lfd250

i have a feeling we might be seeing some 15k crowds at the Joe this year for games against Columbus and the like...

such a shame.

hockeytown seems to be dying. if i didn't actually live 3761 miles away (literally) i'd try to get season tickets. But i fully understand why people pass on them given the fact that Michigan seems to be hemmoraging

I got my email yesterday and my family made a deposit. They wouldn't tell us what was available before we made a $500 deposit. We made it 24 hours ago and still haven't heard back from the Wings yet. Since I will be a Wings' PR intern this season, I won't be able to use the tickets so my parents are only going to pay for them if it's a seat in the lower portion of the upper bowl closer to center ice. Otherwise, they're going to ask for the deposit to be refunded.

I got my email yesterday and my family made a deposit. They wouldn't tell us what was available before we made a $500 deposit. We made it 24 hours ago and still haven't heard back from the Wings yet. Since I will be a Wings' PR intern this season, I won't be able to use the tickets so my parents are only going to pay for them if it's a seat in the lower portion of the upper bowl closer to center ice. Otherwise, they're going to ask for the deposit to be refunded.

Good luck, like I posted earlier everyone is getting a chance to get better seats there's a whole week of it. So more then likely they won't know until AFTER the 23rd of August due to the fact all current season ticket holders get a chance that week to move. Hench them not knowing what's available.

Like you all, I also just received said email. Fortunately, I am actually in a place where I can consider doing it. My dad said no thanks when his name came up in 2005...maybe he'll go in halvsies with me on a pair of seats, because with two small kids and working evenings attendance for 41 games is UNLIKELY at best. But it's definitely something I am checking the finances on...

I just got the same email. skjds

I signed up like 2 years ago thinking the waiting list was about 10 years long! Which a lot of people told me it would be. I can't afford tickets now!

It was 10 years back in '95 when I signed up and got the nod in '05....

Now it just shows you how many current former season tickets holders are telling illitch and co for F-off with his "prices" and non-discounts.

Edited by OsGOD

For all of you fans who are considering buying season tickets. I've had them for 21 years. The only reason I keep getting them is I have people who are willing to buy them. I put 6 regular season games +1 exhibition game together. That way I don't get stuck with them. Spread them out so it's 1 game about every month. I go to about 6 or 7 games throughout the year. So if you have 5 or 6 friends willing to buy them, it's worth it.

To all who have given up your tickets, I know how you feel. Ilitch should have lower prices 2 years ago, like he promised and the scheduke sucks, again!!

If you're going to buy them, I'd reccommend just thinking about it a little more first. I am not renewing this year because it's very hard to get rid of them when you can't make it. Especially with so many empty seats, people can just go online and buy tix in the lower bowl for a single game...If you have someone that is buying multiple games, it will help this problem out- but there were quite a few games that I just had to eat this year. Playing Columbus/Chicago 348 times a year doesn't help- good luck getting rid of those games..It sucks when you have to pay $108/game to go watch the blue jackets from the upper deck 40 times a year.

Like many of you on this thread I have also elected not to renew my season tickets for this year. If any of you get offered Sect 218B Row 7 those were mine :)

I ended up going to way more games than I planned on and when I was able to sell tickets I usually had to let them go for $10-25 below face value. The playoffs were even worse.

With so many of you receiving notifications for season tickets after waiting only 1 or 2 years (I waited 7 years) I have no doubt that there will be plenty of good seats available for most single games.