• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Saran

Treasurer Hunter finds Stanley Cup Ring

Rate this topic

what an ass that guy is, hed gladly give it back for a reward... little *****, its his, give it back... after all that its been through :angry:

You can't really judge the guy who found it. Treasure hunters don't invest all their all time and money into finding stuff they are just going to give back. All treasure belonged to someone at sometime. Finders keepers in my opinion. He's already gone out of his way to find the owner and offer it for a price.

You can't really judge the guy who found it. Treasure hunters don't invest all their all time and money into finding stuff they are just going to give back. All treasure belonged to someone at sometime. Finders keepers in my opinion. He's already gone out of his way to find the owner and offer it for a price.

Exactly :clap:

It would be another thing if it was a former Detroiters ring :P

Consider that Jim Pappin is the one who said "I wanted nothing to do with the Toronto Maple Leafs" after they traded him which is why he gave it to his father-in-law.... He shoud've had some common sense and realized how valuable that ring would be to him in his future instead of being such a baby..... not to mention his father-in-law who (carelessly) "lost" it....

Mark DesErmia has every right to sell it off to the highest bidder, and he should be commended for offering it to its original owner at what could possibly be a lower price (if Pappin sells it and give the money to DesErmia as the article states he hopes to do)

"The ring also has special meaning for Pappin's daughter, who is getting married next week. She was very close to her grandfather and having the possession he treasured would be just like having him there with her, Pappin said."

Oh, now THAT'S under-handed... 'Give it back for a much smaller price, or ruin my daughters wedding.'

I agree, finders keepers for sure. But the fact that he wants to give it back for a reward is great, considering he could auction the thing and make much more then he'll probably end up getting. At least this guy's not heartless and is looking out for both sides, not just himself :clap:

Consider that Jim Pappin is the one who said "I wanted nothing to do with the Toronto Maple Leafs" after they traded him which is why he gave it to his father-in-law.... He shoud've had some common sense and realized how valuable that ring would be to him in his future instead of being such a baby..... not to mention his father-in-law who (carelessly) "lost" it....

Mark DesErmia has every right to sell it off to the highest bidder, and he should be commended for offering it to its original owner at what could possibly be a lower price (if Pappin sells it and give the money to DesErmia as the article states he hopes to do)

Just think of all of the do-gooders that want the guy who caught Bonds' 756th home run ball to just give it back...

Just think of all of the do-gooders that want the guy who caught Bonds' 756th home run ball to just give it back...

I heard that guy is gonna make like at least 500k off that ball, if not more. He is going to auction it off apparently.

But anyway, kinda a crazy story that is! I would never just give away a Stanley Cup ring in the first place though just because I got traded. Psh...

Guest nutz2u

Vero Beach is on atlantic coast south of cape canaveral, and they found the ring in the gulf of mexico by clearwater? :unsure: Howd they do dat?

Yeah, that's a good anology. :rolleyes: Does the ball actually belong to Bonds? Does it have his name inscribed on it?

Can't believe the number of people saying "finders keepers", hope none of you ever lose anything important to you, like your wallet, car keys, etc.

Assuming Wikipedia's entry on this is accurate...

Not sure how the length of time affects it, as well as the fact the ring had been given away to the player's father-in-law, and he, the most recent owner of the item, is now deceased, affects the situation. If it is deemed the player did not give up rights to the ring when he gave it to his father in law, then he should legally get it back for no fee or reward.

Did they say how much he wanted as a "reward"? I have to admit if I found a Stanley Cup Ring, I'd give it back for a reward...like, say, an autographed somethingorother, or even just an autograph.

I could sure use the money. Ok, I could REALLY use the money, but I'd be pleased as punch with something like an autographed photo or puck. Now if it was a Wing, I'd want whomever's ring I found to autograph my jersey.

I think a reward is in order, and since he offered it in place of the money he could have made, I'm withholding judgement until I find out how much he is actually asking.

Dang, imagine finding a Stanley Cup ring! Blows my mind.

All you people who say just give it back are crazy. That isn't what is wrong with society, in case you failed to notice the economic system we live under is capitalism. I would do what any normal minded person would do and give it to the higest bidder.

Guest Yzer19

Did they say how much he wanted as a "reward"? I have to admit if I found a Stanley Cup Ring, I'd give it back for a reward...like, say, an autographed somethingorother, or even just an autograph.

I could sure use the money. Ok, I could REALLY use the money, but I'd be pleased as punch with something like an autographed photo or puck. Now if it was a Wing, I'd want whomever's ring I found to autograph my jersey.

I think a reward is in order, and since he offered it in place of the money he could have made, I'm withholding judgement until I find out how much he is actually asking.

Dang, imagine finding a Stanley Cup ring! Blows my mind.

I'd settle for an autograph too, but I wouldn't even ask for reward in the first place.

Edited by Yzer19

well if nothing less. DesErmia SHOULD get at least the salary the original divers were getting to search for the ring. I mean it wasn't like "they" were trying to finding for free either... they were on a payroll to find it.

saw this after I posted:

I agree... he gave it up because he was having a temper tantrum and then the events unfolded into being lost in the waters in vero beach.

Can't believe the number of people saying "finders keepers", hope none of you ever lose anything important to you, like your wallet, car keys, etc.

Lets see Wallet has my Drivers License, other forms of ID and credit cards and bank cards... Keys well that gets me in my car so that I can get to work and fill my wallet up. Both very vital my ability to pay the mortgage, utilities and food on the table....

Stanley Cup ring that I tossed asside becuase I was being a big baby.... hmmm nothing really all that important to me in that one.

FINDERS KEEPERS for the RING... He CAN obviously live without it as he GAVE IT AWAY!!!!

Edited by OsGOD

Guest Yzer19

Then she has more problems then just a missing ring... that ring should never be seperated from her finger.

What if it accidentally fell off like when she was swimming or something like that?

Guest GordieSid&Ted

Yeah, that's a good anology. :rolleyes: Does the ball actually belong to Bonds? Does it have his name inscribed on it?

Aww Toby, everyone is different. If it were me and I took the time to contact the original owner i'd just give it back. How it got lost, why or whatever wouldn't be that important to me, it was there and it might be nice to give it back to them. That's just me. But you see, i'm not a treasure hunter. I don't spend my time and money looking for treasure so I have nothing invested in it like this guy does. And to boot, somebody offered him mad cash for it. He could've just sold the damn thing already. At least he's giving the original owner a chance to get it back. I don't think you can judge the guy too harshly but that's just me.

What if it accidentally fell off like when she was swimming or something like that?

That way you probably wouldn't ever be able to tell who the ring belonged to anyways (so finders keepers would go into effect by default)... Hardly ever does the engraving on the inside of the band actually contain the ladies Name Address and Phone number and/or social security number and bank pin

You just have to be extra special careful NOT to lose it while swiming.

That can pretty much be said about any ring of course with an exception of very famous rings where you can track down the owner.

Edited by OsGOD