• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest DetroitIan

The Official: 2007 Detroit Lions Season Thread

Rate this topic

Guest DetroitIan

Despite the fact that we looked solid last week, im still predicting a Vikings victory. Not by much though. Especially with a healthy Adrian Peterson, who looks as dominant as ever. I guess the good thing is, our run defense can get the job done. Which is why I think the game will be really close. I just dont think the Lions have what it takes to edge out the victory. Hopefully I'll be wrong on that. But I refuse to get my hopes up, until I see a little more out of this squad from week to week.

Guest jaytan

At home against the Vikings, I can definitely see a Lions victory. But they'll have to play hard for the entire game or it won't happen.

Either way, I think I can count on some good fantasy numbers from Kitna, Johnson and Williams. :D

Please tell all all your friends and family not to buy any Lions tickets from now to 4PM Friday afternoon. We have the power with our wallets to show Ford that we will not put up with his losing ownership.

http://www.detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/artic...PDATE/709130465

What you can do with your time on Sunday is

Go to the Apple Cider Mill with your family or loved one. I heard the weekend is suppose to be nice.

Edited by Jwo

Guest jaytan

I'll contribute to the cause!

Of course, I haven't bought tickets to a Lions game since 2002.... And that wasn't even in Detroit!

Guest Yzer19

Please tell all all your friends and family not to buy any Lions tickets from now to 4PM Friday afternoon. We have the power with our wallets to show Ford that we will not put up with his losing ownership.

http://www.detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/artic...PDATE/709130465

What you can do with your time on Sunday is

Go to the Apple Cider Mill with your family or loved one. I heard the weekend is suppose to be nice.

Too late. It's not going to blacked out.

Guest DetroitIan

I got a question about NE cheating...

Do the NYJ get NE's first round pick, or will they just skip NE?

They'll just skip the Pats. The first round will be 31 picks. So basically, one less college player will have a chance to be drafted in '08 overall. But I think Goodell made the right decision here. What Belichick did was total bulls***. Who knows how long the bum has been doing this. And who knows if that had any factor on any of the 3 Superbowls. He deserves the 500k fine, and the team deserves to lose a 1st round pick. Maybe next time they'll think twice before ruining the integrity of the game.

Edited by DetroitIan

Guest jaytan

It was a cop out not to suspend him for a game or two as well. Half a million is a lot of money, but it means less for a guy with his salary and endorsement deals. Keeping him off the sidelines could actually cost the team a game.

I would of liked to see them take away numbers from the W column and suspend the coach for a game.

Edited by Jwo

damn. The one player we couldn't lose in the offense, Kitna is out. JT is playing well tho. I don't know about other Lions fans who have watched both games this year so far..but I really like the way the Lions offense is working. Very exciting.

Now if they can only run the ball, especially inside the 20.

Edited by timothy1997

Guest DetroitIan

Roy is the man. Running down the field with no helmet on like a bad ass. That was so sweet. JT is looking damn good. If he can keep it up. He should stay in there.

Guest DetroitIan

Dammit, come on boys, lets get this win.

Edited by DetroitIan

Guest DetroitIan

NO GOOD!!!

Just like the announcer's said, no one wants to win this game. LOL Come onnnnnn Lions!

Guest DetroitIan

Woooooooo!!!! 2-0 Baby! Hahaha! Restore the RRRRROOOOAAAAARRRRRR!!!

Ok, now back to reality. Yeah I admit, I did underestimate this team a little bit. I definitely didint think they would get this win. But if we play this sloppy next week against the Eagles, we're gonna get our asses handed to us. So hopefully we'll be prepared. Cause this will be the first good team Detroit will play this season. IMO Philly smokes us by 2 tds or more. But, if we do actually get the win next week, this Lions team just might be a nfc playoff contender. Guess we'll see.

i think its safe to say that the Lions need Kitna like we need air. The one player on this team we cannot lose to injury.

Never thought I would hear or agree with that statement in the past, but it is exactly right on. Good win by the Lions even though they tried to lose in Lion's fashion several times. Megatron is a stud!

No Kitna, no chance in hell. It got me fired up watching Jon dive into people with disregard for his safety and coming off a suspected head injury. Anything to get that field goal in overtime. When your quaterback is putting it all on the line like that if you dont put everything out there yourself you have to be gutless. I cant remember one time Joey put his head down into a linebacker just for one yard.

No Kitna, no chance in hell. It got me fired up watching Jon dive into people with disregard for his safety and coming off a suspected head injury. Anything to get that field goal in overtime. When your quaterback is putting it all on the line like that if you dont put everything out there yourself you have to be gutless. I cant remember one time Joey put his head down into a linebacker just for one yard.

reminded me of Elway in the Super Bowl. I don't remember the last time we had a leader in the QB position like Kitna. Probably Kramer was the last one.