• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest DetroitIan

The Official: 2007 Detroit Lions Season Thread

Rate this topic

I like the Packers jerseys. The Bengals have to be by far the worst. They are one of the ones that would prevent me from getting a guy i really likes jersey if he played for them. Case in point I really liked Carson Palmer at USC, and had he played just about anywhere else i'd have gotten his NFL jersey. But hell no to Cincy...i'd never wear that hideous crap.

Agreed

The Bears are going down next week - book it.

Not sure about beating the Bears tho. They played probably the best team in the NFC in Dallas last night and held the cowboys to 3 pts in the first half. They let that game go in the 2nd half. If Chicago can ever find an offense, they will be a force. I don't think that will happen unless they change their QB. Could happen this week tho.

I like the Packers jerseys. The Bengals have to be by far the worst. They are one of the ones that would prevent me from getting a guy i really likes jersey if he played for them. Case in point I really liked Carson Palmer at USC, and had he played just about anywhere else i'd have gotten his NFL jersey. But hell no to Cincy...i'd never wear that hideous crap.

I kinda liked the Bengals jerseys in the 80s. I like the classic ones. I think the worst jerseys in the NFL are the Chargers new ones,

Guest DetroitIan

If you honestly believe the Packers jerseys are the worst in all of professional sports, I question your sanity. Trust me, the majority of the population (excluding Packers and Lions fans) would state that the Packers unis are better than the Lions.

Just like the Red Wings, the Packers unis are classic!

Easy there sport. I certainly do not think the Packers have the worst jerseys. I just thought it was funny(ya know, they are a division rival and all). End of story. I actually think they're pretty sweet.

Oh yeah, and trust me, if the Lions had as much success as the Packers as a franchse, their jerseys would be right there with the Packers popularity-wise. If you dont believe that, I question your sanity. Blue is one of the most popular colors in the U.S. In fact, i've heard alot of Lions haters actually give props to our unis. I've heard people say it's the one thing we got going for us(as pathetic as that is). So I guaruntee that if the Lions were a successful franchise, their jerseys would be mega-popular throughout the country.

Edited by DetroitIan

Guest jaytan

If you honestly believe the Packers jerseys are the worst in all of professional sports, I question your sanity. Trust me, the majority of the population (excluding Packers and Lions fans) would state that the Packers unis are better than the Lions.

Just like the Red Wings, the Packers unis are classic!

Classic or not, every time I see them I throw up a little in my mouth.

Not sure about beating the Bears tho. They played probably the best team in the NFC in Dallas last night and held the cowboys to 3 pts in the first half. They let that game go in the 2nd half. If Chicago can ever find an offense, they will be a force. I don't think that will happen unless they change their QB. Could happen this week tho.

it doesnt matter if the bears defense only gives up 3 points... if they can't score any themselves, it wont matter anyways. Even a mediocre lions D can stop the non-existent bears offense, and even the great defense will have trouble completely shutting down the lions passing game

final score: Lions 24, Bears 10

I kinda liked the Bengals jerseys in the 80s. I like the classic ones. I think the worst jerseys in the NFL are the Chargers new ones,

Whats different about the Bears this year though is Cedric Benson instead of Thomas Jones...that was a big mistake on their part to trade the proven ground producer. The ground game is going to suffer because Benson sucks, and that will further drag down Grossman to gross levels. Combined with their superbowl hangover, I think they definitely are ripe for a loss to our boys. The Bears will still manage 8 or 9 wins because of their D, but most of those will probably come at home (and at Minnesota)

Guest DetroitIan

I think we can beat the bears. We just need the O-Line men to guard Kitna better and have Johnson and Sims healthy.

I say, 31-14 Detroit

I wish I could agree with that. But our defense is so horrible that even Rex F-sing Grossman will probably light it up. I dont see our D stopping anyone at this point. Their last showing was pathetic to say the least. I sure hope you're right. But I see this being a Bears victory. 31-28 Chicago.

Whats different about the Bears this year though is Cedric Benson instead of Thomas Jones...that was a big mistake on their part to trade the proven ground producer. The ground game is going to suffer because Benson sucks, and that will further drag down Grossman to gross levels. Combined with their superbowl hangover, I think they definitely are ripe for a loss to our boys. The Bears will still manage 8 or 9 wins because of their D, but most of those will probably come at home (and at Minnesota)

The point I was trying to make is if the bears make a qb change and put Griese in, this could be the change in the bears offense that they need. If rex plays like he normally does, Lions will win.

Easy there sport. I certainly do not think the Packers have the worst jerseys. I just thought it was funny(ya know, they are a division rival and all). End of story. I actually think they're pretty sweet.

Easy there sport? I'm not getting worked up, but how could anyone understand that you actually like the Packers unis, but you were just ripping them because they were a divisional rival based on your post?

Oh yeah, and trust me, if the Lions had as much success as the Packers as a franchse, their jerseys would be right there with the Packers popularity-wise. If you dont believe that, I question your sanity. Blue is one of the most popular colors in the U.S. In fact, i've heard alot of Lions haters actually give props to our unis. I've heard people say it's the one thing we got going for us(as pathetic as that is). So I guaruntee that if the Lions were a successful franchise, their jerseys would be mega-popular throughout the country.

I completely agree. The Lions have a great Logo/unis. Classic, same as the Packers.

Easy there sport? I'm not getting worked up, but how could anyone understand that you actually like the Packers unis, but you were just ripping them because they were a divisional rival based on your post?

I completely agree. The Lions have a great Logo/unis. Classic, same as the Packers.

I personally loved when the Lions wore their throwback jerseys and wish they would wear them again.

IPB Image

sorry I couldn't find a better picture football fans. :D Lions did win that game BTW.

Edited by timothy1997

I personally loved when the Lions wore their throwback jerseys and wish they would wear them again.

IPB Image

sorry I couldn't find a better picture football fans. :D Lions did win that game BTW.

Was that the Thanksgiving game 3 years ago? If it was, that one still stings a little. The Pack should've pulled that one out, but the Lions play so d*mn well on Thanksgiving. No matter how good or bad they are or who they're playing, you can bank on it.

Nevermind, I just checked, and it was 4 seasons ago (2003 season).

Edited by Never Forget Mac #25

Was that the Thanksgiving game 3 years ago? If it was, that one still stings a little. The Pack should've pulled that one out, but the Lions play so d*mn well on Thanksgiving. No matter how good or bad they are or who they're playing, you can bank on it.

Nevermind, I just checked, and it was 4 seasons ago (2003 season).

And that's the only Thanksgiving game the Lions have won in the last 6 or so. I actually think it'll be a good game on Turkey Day, but since that game against GB that Detroit won, I think they've been blown out 3 in a row. Of course this team is better than the other ones were.

I think the Lions beat Chicago this week. If nothing else, we know this Detroit team can score points, even if it's only 17-21. I'm not sure Chicago can keep up with them offensively. And the Lions might be able to put up more points than that, especially since the Bears could be missing like six defensive starters this week. That team's going downhill in a big way and it amazes me that more people didn't see it coming.

As for the jersey debate: I agree with timothy1997 that the Lions throwbacks were awesome. I've always liked Detroit's jerseys, though I hate that they added the black trim to them (and black jerseys period--do they still wear those?). It wasn't necessary and it makes them look like they could be the Carolina Panthers.

And the Packers have the best, most distinct jerseys in the league IMO (not that I'm biased or anything). You can't confuse them with any other team. They're classic, great color scheme, and they jump out.

If you want the worst, I'd have to go with the Vikings and the Bills.

IPB Image

What the deuce is up with the piping on the sides? It looks horrible.

IPB Image

Uhhhhh......

Edited by Packer487

The worst uniforms in the league are still the Denver Broncos. The numbers can make or break a uniform (why do you think the Bears look so damn good?) and the Broncos have the worst numbers in the league. Plus they started that whole trend of stupid piping on the sides stretching up to the front of the shoulders. Nike took one look at that, got to work, and football uniforms have never been the same.

The Bills are second worst. Those colors.....yecchh. The numbers don't match the rest of it, and that shoulder block is awful. Honorable mention goes to the Bengals and to the Saints when they wear black jerseys with black pants and black socks.

The worst uniforms in the league are still the Denver Broncos.

Oh you didn't! I love the broncs jerseys! Best jerseys in the league if you don't count the baby blue Chargers throw backs. Pats jerseys are sweet too. Worst jerseys are Bills, Vikings, and Giants.

Guest jaytan

I like the Denver and San Diego uniforms. The Bills is one of the worst, because it's too busy and just plain ugly. The Browns, Redskins and Chiefs look like crap as well, even if they've been looking like crap for a long time and thus earned the right to.

The worst uniforms in the league are still the Denver Broncos. The numbers can make or break a uniform (why do you think the Bears look so damn good?) and the Broncos have the worst numbers in the league. Plus they started that whole trend of stupid piping on the sides stretching up to the front of the shoulders. Nike took one look at that, got to work, and football uniforms have never been the same.

The Denver ones are fugly. Can't believe I forgot to mention them.

The Chargers powder-blues were awesome. I like that they at least went with the white helmets this year. Their jerseys are better than the most recent ones, but still not nearly as cool as the throwbacks.

And the Packers have the best, most distinct jerseys in the league IMO (not that I'm biased or anything). You can't confuse them with any other team. They're classic, great color scheme, and they jump out.

Top 5 yes, but not #1. This is #1

IPB Image

The Chargers powder-blues were awesome. I like that they at least went with the white helmets this year. Their jerseys are better than the most recent ones, but still not nearly as cool as the throwbacks.

The chargers new ones are horrible.

I agree with the throwbacks tho. Those are classic...

IPB Image

these weren't too bad either tho...

IPB Image

By far the worst ones of the 3

IPB Image

Edited by timothy1997

Top 5 yes, but not #1. This is #1

IPB Image

I guess I don't see what's so great about Dallas's. I'm biased since those jerseys (and the players in them) always kicked our ass in the mid 90s, but they're just kind of blah. They're almost identical to the old Lions jerseys, just with a different blue color. I like em ok, they're not ugly or anything, but there's nothing distinctive about them.

IPB Image

Different strokes I guess.....

The Bills are second worst. Those colors.....yecchh. The numbers don't match the rest of it, and that shoulder block is awful. Honorable mention goes to the Bengals and to the Saints when they wear black jerseys with black pants and black socks.

I liked the Bills jerseys of the 90s. Those were much better than the crap they wear now

IPB Image

I guess I don't see what's so great about Dallas's. I'm biased since those jerseys (and the players in them) always kicked our ass in the mid 90s, but they're just kind of blah. They're almost identical to the old Lions jerseys, just with a different blue color. I like em ok, they're not ugly or anything, but there's nothing distinctive about them.

IPB Image

Different strokes I guess.....

I hated the Cowboys growing up. The whole "who is a better running back: Emmitt or Barry" was here big time. Regardless, the cowboys jersey is classic and the one the casual football fan can identify with the most. Much more than the Green Bay Packers.

Dallas's blue jerseys actually look kinda sharp. I can't stand the sight of the white ones, and I think that's because I hate the Cowboys period and you almost always see them in the white - never the blue. As far as looks go the white one is pretty bland.

As for the Chargers, I think the new look is a big winner, except for the unnecessarily thick white stripe on the pants. Other than that it's even better than the powder blue, which I think is wayyyyyyyy overrated.

Guest DetroitIan

It's offical. Griese will start for the Bears against the Lions this sunday.

Great move by the Bears. Granted, It would have been nice to see this happen AFTER the game against the Lions, but still. If they wanna have any chance to get back to where they were last year, they needed to bench Grossman. The kid downright sucks. Griese isnt Peyton Manning or anything, but he gives the Bears a better chance to win. Defense means alot, but if you cant score, you cant win. This should have happend sooner.

All I did, was laugh and clap at the joke. In fact, I was fairly sure he was kidding. No way he thinks the Packers have the worst jerseys ever. So I took it as a joke. Hense, I didnt give my serious opinion at the time. Cause the Packers have always been up there as the best jerseys in football. And having that great football tradition doesnt hurt either.

Gotta love the Classics. :thumbup: