• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
MacK_Attack

Kings place Dan Cloutier on waivers

Rate this topic

I would be very surprised if he is picked up.

This move by LA did not surprise me, in Manchester (my home town)they have 2 very quality goalies. Are they going to be top notch NHLers, who really knows, but LaBarberra, who right now to me is better than Clouts on his top day, they also have Fukufuji (not sold on him personally) and Brust is not too shabby, haven't seen a lot of him because it seems like LaBarberra never sits.

I gotta say, I'm suprised................that the Kings didn't figure it out last year and do this sooner. No offense to Cloutier, but he simply is not starting goaltender material. He did pretty well with Vancouver, but who remembers when it all started to fall apart? That's right, when Nick beat him from the red line back in game 3 of Round 1 in 2002. The fact that he's way too injury prone doesn't help his case either.

I would be very surprised if he is picked up.

This move by LA did not surprise me, in Manchester (my home town)they have 2 very quality goalies. Are they going to be top notch NHLers, who really knows, but LaBarberra, who right now to me is better than Clouts on his top day, they also have Fukufuji (not sold on him personally) and Brust is not too shabby, haven't seen a lot of him because it seems like LaBarberra never sits.

I'm pretty sure that the Kings didn't qualify Fukufuji, so I don't think he's with them anymore.

(By the way, those noises you hear are the Toronto media starting up the Raycroft-to-L.A. rumours)

Edited by MacK_Attack

I haven't seen Aubin so I really can't say.

If we were in the league I may have been able to trade a goalie with you seeing as I have Kipper, Nabby, and Budja.

My D is Lids, Ralf, Zhitnik, Boucher and my offense is going to struggle although I did pick up Penner off of Waivers and have Satan, E. Staal, Demitra, and Sykora. But I could really use some help.

The last 3 fantasy leagues I have joined I drafted 10 of 10, 12 of 12, 9 of 12, and my BBall one hasn't drafted yet so I will probably be 12 of 12 again.

Good thing the Kings traded a 2nd rounder + for him instead of just signing Manny Legace when they had the chance....

How did they think that acquiring Cloutier was a good idea. He was pretty much the reason Vancouver was never really a threat in the West...

TSN states "The former Canucks netminder was expected to challenge for the number one goaltender spot this season with the Kings but has been outplayed in the pre-season by junior eligible netminder Johnathan Bernier who shone for Canada at the Summit Series"

TSN states "The former Canucks netminder was expected to challenge for the number one goaltender spot this season with the Kings but has been outplayed in the pre-season by junior eligible netminder Johnathan Bernier who shone for Canada at the Summit Series"

Bernier played for the Lewiston (my former hometown's twin city) Maineiacs and was a key to them winning it all in the QJMHL. He is a very solid backstop.

Edited by Opie