• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
erok

NHL Network 'very close' to launching in America.

Rate this topic

I found this posting from another site and it shows the new list of HD channels Directv is launching (or launched by today) - and it includes NHL Network! It is currently in test mode.. see below.

The new HD Channels are being launched as follows:

Announced HD Additions

* = not a simulcast of the SD channel (if available), programming will vary.

September 2007

Channels in Test Mode with no official carriage announcement

54. NHL Network

55. Outdoor

56. Spike

57. Comedy Central

58. Nickelodeon East

59. CSTV

Regional Sports Networks

Available nationally, but local blackout rules still apply.

Fall 2007

1. Altitude

2. Comcast SportsNet Chicago

3. Comcast SportsNet Mid-Atlantic

4. FSN Arizona

5. FSN Bay Area

6. FSN Detroit

7. FSN Florida

8. FSN New England

9. FSN North

10. FSN Northwest

11. FSN Ohio

12. FSN Prime Ticket

13. FSN Rocky Mountain

14. FSN South

15. FSN Southwest

16. FSN West

17. New England Sports Network

18. SportsNet New York

19. SportsSouth

20. Sun Sports

21. YES

22. FSN Midwest

23. FSN Houston

24. FSN New York

25. FSN Pittsburgh

26. MSG

27. FSN Cincinnati

28. Comcast SportsNet West

29. MASN/SportsTime Ohio

As they are added, they will automatically replace the SD version if you have HD equipment, you will be auto-tuned to the HD version when you input the current channel number.

http://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=17196&page=7

I found this posting from another site and it shows the new list of HD channels Directv is launching (or launched by today) - and it includes NHL Network! It is currently in test mode.. see below.

The new HD Channels are being launched as follows:

Announced HD Additions

* = not a simulcast of the SD channel (if available), programming will vary.

September 2007

54. NHL Network

55. Outdoor

56. Spike

57. Comedy Central

58. Nickelodeon East

59. CSTV

Regional Sports Networks

Available nationally, but local blackout rules still apply.

Fall 2007

1. Altitude

2. Comcast SportsNet Chicago

3. Comcast SportsNet Mid-Atlantic

4. FSN Arizona

5. FSN Bay Area

6. FSN Detroit

7. FSN Florida

8. FSN New England

9. FSN North

10. FSN Northwest

11. FSN Ohio

12. FSN Prime Ticket

13. FSN Rocky Mountain

14. FSN South

15. FSN Southwest

16. FSN West

17. New England Sports Network

18. SportsNet New York

19. SportsSouth

20. Sun Sports

21. YES

22. FSN Midwest

23. FSN Houston

24. FSN New York

25. FSN Pittsburgh

26. MSG

27. FSN Cincinnati

28. Comcast SportsNet West

29. MASN/SportsTime Ohio

As they are added, they will automatically replace the SD version if you have HD equipment, you will be auto-tuned to the HD version when you input the current channel number.

http://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=17196&page=7

Thanks for posting that, when I typed in NHL Network on DirecTv's web site, all it brought up was info on NHL Center Ice....

A buddy of mine that works at Time Warner Cable says that their customers aren't able to subscribe to Center Ice yet, because they're negotiating with the NHL over adding the NHL Network to their lineup. From what I understand, the NHL won't let Time Warner customers get Center Ice until T.W. agrees to add the NHL Network.

It's still too late. According the the same page Comcast "was contractually obligated to have NHL Network on its systems by summer 2007 at the latest, so it should have been available in the United States beginning with the 2007-08 NHL season. This deadline appears not to have been met, and so Comcast will likely owe a $15 million penalty to the NHL." That's originally sourced at this link, http://www.mediaweek.com/mw/search/article...t_id=1001016934

So back to my original question. Does this mean the NHL can break the Versus contract? Could the NHL be on ESPN soon? Seems to me it could.

Edited by auxlepli

For those of us with Time Warner Cable , we are screwed . Just sent a request , and they are not even considering the NHL network . If enough of us with Time Warner send the request , maybe they will add it to their line up .....So please anyone with Time Warner send the request !!

Directv better land this...been waiting for this for some time...would like TSN and CBC added too...

I just spoke to a Directv tech person about another issue and while waiting he starting talking about the NHL. I asked when DTV would be offering NHL Network and all he could say is that he heard it was coming - but did not have specifics on it. He is a hockey fan too and is expecting DTV to show it... yeah.. now hurry!

erok

For those of us with Time Warner Cable , we are screwed . Just sent a request , and they are not even considering the NHL network . If enough of us with Time Warner send the request , maybe they will add it to their line up .....So please anyone with Time Warner send the request !!

My buddy's telling me that they are planning on offering the NHL Network, but the NHL isn't allowing Time Warner to carry Center Ice until they finalize the contract and get NHLN on the air. The report out of the regional office is that they may miss the opening weekend up to the first couple of weeks, but it is "Very likely" that they will get it ironed out.

I just spoke to a Directv tech person about another issue and while waiting he starting talking about the NHL. I asked when DTV would be offering NHL Network and all he could say is that he heard it was coming - but did not have specifics on it. He is a hockey fan too and is expecting DTV to show it... yeah.. now hurry!

erok

Sounds good. At least he is a fan!

WOW cable said they had no knowledge of the channel yet. When I read more of a reliable source that gives out the info on when the NHL network to be launch, ill start hounding WOW cable for us people in Detroit and for those in Chicago.

how would one go about sending this request? is there a link onlline or is it by phone?

how would one go about sending this request? is there a link onlline or is it by phone?

I made sure to tell the Directv rep I was very interested in NHL Network whille dealing with anoither problem the other day. I told him to be sure to document my request. It may sound useless but some companies will count each request to represent say 1,000 to 10,000 viewers - so every request counts. Give em a call!

Time Warner struck a deal with the NHL either last night or this morning, so T.W. customers will be able to get Center Ice. I wasn't able to find out if the NHL Network is definitely going to be in the lineup, though.

I have Comcast digital cable in Northern California and have the channel. It is just color bars at the moment but it is on the menu and shows the schedule of shows (classic SCF, classic NYI vs Bruins, etc.). It is called "NHLTV" and is up by the NFLTV NBATV channels. I'm hoping it will be free at first rather than part of the annoying $10 a month "sports tier" with like 6 extra channels.

An Email I got from WOW cable.

Thank you for contacting WOW! via email. My name is Jim.

Unfortunately at this time we do not have an update on whether WoW! will be carrying the NHL Network this year. We hope to have an update soon.

If you have any other problems or questions, please contact us at: 1-866-496-9669

Edited by Jwo

I have WOW cable and I've been unable to order the Center Ice package because of ongoing "negotiations" that involve the NHL Network. They're not giving me a straight answer about whether it will even be possible to subscribe to Center Ice this season, which makes me furious. I love WOW's service for a lot of reasons, but I like Center Ice too much to accept a service that doesn't offer it. They better get this worked out or they'll lose at least one customer here.