• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
stevkrause

Perry is a wuss

Rate this topic

What I'm going to say here is going to piss people off: Anaheim has a great team and they deserved to win the Cup last year. I say this because while I'm a Wings fan, my fandom doesn't blind me to what I feel makes a good hockey team, nor does it change the way I feel the game should be played.

But while I respect the other 19 guys on the bench (like when McDonald boarded Lilja, he at least had the decency to apologize and not fight the refs about it, that's classy and shows good sportsmanship), any possible respect I had for Perry fell out the window at that point.

To echo Ray Ferraro's words about Patrik Stefan with sentiment of my own: Corey Perry, you should be embarrased and ashamed of yourself; that type of cowardice does NOT belong in the National Hockey League!

I couldn't catch the game..working. Did Christina do anything cheap?

Elbows didn't do much in the game and if anything, had officiating working against him tonight (Kronner interfered with him and the refs let it go.) Bert, on the other hand, had a 2 point game.

As much as he probably likes Anaheim, I bet he cries at night that he's not on the Wings anymore.

SF91: Pronger had quite a few checks from behind, most notably on Filppula. Nothing major though, not like last year against Holmstrom.

Another note on Perry: I plan on buying tickets to the next Wings vs. Ducks game if I can make it. I'd like to get some close up seats (preferably behind the bench or near the bench) to heckle Perry. I remember when Bertuzzi used to play for Canucks, and a friend and I had tickets a few rows behind the bench. We we're making fun of him quite a lot that night, and he looked back at us a few times but never realized who was saying it. It was quite funny, to say the least.

Perry is probably one of the biggest losers I've seen in the NHL in a while. I have absolutley no respect for people who fight with visors on. That's one of the many reasons why I hate Iginla.

Edited by Kp-Wings

What I'm going to say here is going to piss people off: Anaheim has a great team and they deserved to win the Cup last year. I say this because while I'm a Wings fan, my fandom doesn't blind me to what I feel makes a good hockey team, nor does it change the way I feel the game should be played.

wow that really came out of nowhere

As much as he probably likes Anaheim, I bet he cries at night that he's not on the Wings anymore.

Somehow I highly doubt that, considering he left on his own.

While I was mad at the time because he left, it's probably better that he did. Bertuzzi was pretty useless in his short time here, and I much prefer hating him then rooting for him.

The same situation would probably come about if Floppa came here. Hopefully, he doesn't.

Somehow I highly doubt that, considering he left on his own.

While I was mad at the time because he left, it's probably better that he did. Bertuzzi was pretty useless in his short time here, and I much prefer hating him then rooting for him.

The same situation would probably come about if Floppa came here. Hopefully, he doesn't.

True. I only say that though because EVERY interview I've seen him give lately, he seems to casually mention the two months he spent wearing the Winged Wheel. Even if he is happy in Anaheim, he still seems to have a lot of respect for the Wings and the front office. If there's one thing I've learned about the Wings, its that you can always come home (like Ozzy, Johnson, Drake, and Hasek.) Maybe he wants to keep the bridges there for the future...

Iginla doesnt

Agreed, I will always remember when he fought Hatcher in the playoffs in '04 and any time Hatcher knocked Iginla's visor back, Iginla would PUT IT BACK IN PLACE. In that respect, Iginla's just as much of a ***** as Perry.

It was beautiful watching Drake drop em tonight, but damn what a little ***** Perry is... first he won't shed the shield when Drake is taking his helmet off, then he cheap shots hit while Drake is in the process of taking off his helmet...

QFT. I hate guys that fight with visors. Wade Redden went twice last night and he has a visor down to his chin.

If you're going to go, lose the lid and shield.

Its funny how selective Red Wings fans are with guys who "Act tough but hide behind the visor" when Kirk Maltby is the leagues most notorious s***talker and gloved puncher with the visor on.

Edited by Mark THS

Another note on Perry: I plan on buying tickets to the next Wings vs. Ducks game if I can make it. I'd like to get some close up seats (preferably behind the bench or near the bench) to heckle Perry.

:lol:

Watched it again and not being a homer at all, but really I'd have to give the edge to Drake. He landed more and harder punches. Just because some one may end the fight "on top" doesn't mean they won it. I hate when that's how people judge a fight. Perry showed what he's all about (you learn at 15 to take the helmet off if the other guy does) and I can't remember if you or someone else said it, but wait til Cherry comments on that. I'll put money on Downey getting in next game against the ducks if he's still around. :thumbup:

Its funny how selective Red Wings fans are with guys who "Act tough but hide behind the visor" when Kirk Maltby is the leagues most notorious s***talker and gloved puncher with the visor on.

When did he ever initiate a fight, have someone smaller than him square up take their helmet off, and he throws a cheapy while keeping the visor on?

Edited by bringback91

Ducks fans claim Corey Perry as some sortof badass. Calgary, and Canada for that matter, does so with Iginla. When have you ever heard that said about Maltby by a Wings fan? Sounds like Wings fans are the ones who are being objectiv in this regard, as Duck fans and Canadians have called Malts a ***** for his visor...

I can't recall seeing a display like Perry's from Malts. I'm pretty sure that if by some miracle someone coaxed him into a fight, he would at least have the decency to not sucker-punch the other guy while he's taking off his helmet.

kinda sad to see that he made the NHL, my cousin's husband played with him and her husband is 10 times better then that ass hat.

I find that EXTREMELY hard to believe. As much as I dislike Perry, he's still a pretty good player. Who is your cousin's husband by the way? If he is 10 times better than Perry, must be a pretty special player.

I remember when Perry was playing against Crosby in the memorial cup a few years ago, there were some on this board that were saying that Perry was a better player than Crosby.

I find that EXTREMELY hard to believe. As much as I dislike Perry, he's still a pretty good player. Who is your cousin's husband by the way? If he is 10 times better than Perry, must be a pretty special player.

I remember when Perry was playing against Crosby in the memorial cup a few years ago, there were some on this board that were saying that Perry was a better player than Crosby.

agreed

It was beautiful watching Drake drop em tonight, but damn what a little ***** Perry is... first he won't shed the shield when Drake is taking his helmet off, then he cheap shots hit while Drake is in the process of taking off his helmet...

Perry - helmet = wuss

Perry minus helmet still equals wuss, if my math is correct. :sly:

Guest GordieSid&Ted

Perry - helmet = wuss

Perry minus helmet still equals wuss, if my math is correct. :sly:

GST's fight analysis.

What's to analyze here? Anybody claiming outright victory for one side or the other based on shots thrown or landed is mistaken imo. It was a draw.

However, all homerism aside. There's a reason why Drake walks away from this the winner from a principle standpoint.

1. He made a crystal clear motion to Perry suggesting they remove their helmets. Drake went as far as to unsnap his chinstrap, and motioning Perry to follow suit when Perry uncorked a right on him. Code no-no. Perry loses a point for that.

2. After the fight, Drake went on about it for at least a minute. Those who are pissed at Perry. Don't sweat it. Drake called him a little ******* pussbag or some such a number of times for not removing his helmet. Perry knows he should have. He had to sit there for 5 minutes knowing he had no argument as Drake railed him for being a little *****. Perry argued all he wanted to but deep down inside he knows he should have removed the helmet. I slept well last night knowing Drake was right and Perry looked, to all knowledgeable fight fans, like a little *****. That's enough for me.

3. Perry towers over Drake, has the much longer reach and is noticeably bigger. My guess is Perry has at least 20 pounds on Dallas. When the little guy draws with the big guy, the little guy gets the nod.

So, by not removing the helmet Perry loses a point on principle alone. He broke code even moreso by punching Drake while Drake is motioning to remove their helmets. That, and Drake giving it to Perry like he's his ***** afterwards makes this an official 10-9 round for the Drakester!

I couldn't catch the game..working. Did Christina do anything cheap?

Yeah he hit flip from behind.. Should have been called for sure. the guys on XM said the Wings will probably send a tape to the league for review, hopefully a fine will ensue.