WhiteLightning91

Injury Update: Kronwall still out...

Rate this topic

Try this out for fun...

Zetterberg - Datsyuk - Holmstrom

Franzen - Filppula - Cleary

Downey - Draper - Maltby

Drake - Ellis - Hudler

as much as i dislike sammy, he is still way more valuable then half on the roster.

--

I just dont see why everyone is riding Ellis's cock lately. He has 2 goals that where 100% luck. no work involved at all. he isnt gritty, he dosnt agravate people. he is a s***ty skater.. all i can give him credit for his the respect that he has for the organization.

But yet there is so much HATE for Kopecky, when he has a +5, only has 1 penatly this year and 2 assist's. AND From time to time, he really puts his body into people. not to mention he has a solid shot. and solid skating abilities..

If i had my choice for lines id be like this.

Flipper- Datz - Homer

Sammy - Zette - Franzen

Cleary - Draper - Maltby

Hudler - Drake - Kopecky

(Downey)

1-2 Lines are a waterd down version of Z-D-H...3 Is a solid Defensive line who can add some points from time to time.. and Line 4 is a wildcard. They both have skills to contribute offensivly and 2 of the 3 have the body to really stir things up.. then have Downey come in for Hudler against teams like Sharks/Ducks/Flames. Just my thoughts on the whole situation.

Link

Coach Babcock moves Johan Franzen to second line

When the Wings do resume playing, one line will have a slightly different look. Johan Franzen will be with Filppula and Mikael Samuelsson, bumping Jiri Hudler from the spot.

Asked whom Hudler would be playing with now, Babcock replied, "whoever," -- the point being that most of Hudler's minutes will come from being on the second power-play unit. At even strength, Hudler will probably play with Tomas Kopecky and Dallas Drake, although Babcock will keep that line in flux in order to also get Matt Ellis and Aaron Downey into the rotation.

Well there you have it, Huds to the fourth line.

UPDATE:

Defenseman Niklas Kronwall has a setback with his pulled groin and won't play Wednesday against Nashville. Kronwall skated by himself before practice.

"He skated Saturday and had no trouble at all and then it tightened up on Sunday, so today we didn't let him practice with us, we made him go before, Wings coach Mike Babcock said. "To me, it looks like he'll be (ready) on Friday.''

:rolleyes:

...the truth comes out...looks like it wasn't a precaution like we we're all meant to believe...

Edited by WhiteLightning91

I think we focus too much on talent, actually, because we HAVE the talent to score, now what we need, especially come spring, is the hard working individuals that find us those ugly goals from pile-ups in front of the net and such. Those count as much as any highlight-reel goal, and I want to see the Wings score more of them.

I'd say the exact opposite is true; we have a lot of grinders, but not enough pure goal-scorers. To be brutally honest, Hank is our only real "goal-scorer" -- and even he, I think, is a play-maker first and a scorer second. That's certainly true of Dats.

So who else do we have? Homer's been putting up great numbers, but they're generally "grinder goals" made possible by the play-making skills of Hank and Dats. Separate them and his production will fall.

Franzen - far more of a grinder than a scorer.

Sammy - respectable production, but by no means a go-to guy.

Huds - will be suffocated in the postseason and rendered useless.

Flip - play-maker who doesn't like to shoot.

3rd-liners - ostensibly grinders.

4th-liners - ...

We need an elite goal-scorer.

(I haven't read this whole thread, so apologize if I'm being redundant.)

If I said I was surprised I would be lying. Actually, I haven't missed him at all - Meech has looked solid & made safe plays with Cheli - the pain train hasn't looked bad - we're keeping the shot totals down - not bad. It's just a shame that Kronner cannot keep himself on the ice and I think he gets setback a little each time - he needs an exorcism to rid himself of whatever curse he has. I CAST THEE OUT DEMON AH!!

double

Edited by TimeBinder

Guest Canadian Wings

Ha, i remember Kronwall said about a week ago that it wasn't serioues and he'd be ready to go on tuesday in edmonton....right.

this guys a joker.

This is just getting ridiculous. Holland is going to have to take a good, long, hard look at Kronwall this year and make a decision. Hope these injuries are just innocent coincidences or if Kronwall plays too rough of a style for someone his size. Sooner or later Holland is going to have to decide whether or not to trade him.

I realize this is Kronwall we're talking about, but aren't we overreacting just bit? It's a groin injury. You can't just put a splint on it. Not if you want to skate. He'll be back.

I agree that the rest of the D is looking good, but, geesh, we don't need to talk trade over a groin when the groin hasn't been the reason for all the other injuries.

Is he playing too rough for his size? Maybe. In that case, maybe he needs more time with Lids to learn to play smart, although I'd really miss those big hits.

Nik's to do list:

Get healthy.

Stay healthy.

Play smart.

Shoot more.

Win cup.

This is just getting ridiculous. Holland is going to have to take a good, long, hard look at Kronwall this year and make a decision. Hope these injuries are just innocent coincidences or if Kronwall plays too rough of a style for someone his size. Sooner or later Holland is going to have to decide whether or not to trade him.

Holland did take a good long look and he signed him to a 5 year contract. Kronwall has had injuries in the past, but he's worth the risk, espcially at 3m a year for what he brings when he plays.

If Holland had any intention of trading him, now or in the future he wouldn't have signed him to a 5 year deal. It's a complete overreaction.

Edited by Heaton

Some people need to realise there is a different between having bad luck and being injury prone. Kronwall is clearly the latter, and to re-sign him for 5 years when he seemingly can’t put together a month of hockey without suffering an injury is a risk that wasn’t worth taking.

Can we trade Kronwall for Avery? Please?

I realize this is Kronwall we're talking about, but aren't we overreacting just bit? It's a groin injury. You can't just put a splint on it. Not if you want to skate. He'll be back.

I agree that the rest of the D is looking good, but, geesh, we don't need to talk trade over a groin when the groin hasn't been the reason for all the other injuries.

Is he playing too rough for his size? Maybe. In that case, maybe he needs more time with Lids to learn to play smart, although I'd really miss those big hits.

Nik's to do list:

Get healthy.

Stay healthy.

Play smart.

Shoot more.

Win cup.

Overreacting to almost anything/everything in here seems to be the norm unfortuantely. <_<

Some people need to realise there is a different between having bad luck and being injury prone. Kronwall is clearly the latter, and to re-sign him for 5 years when he seemingly can’t put together a month of hockey without suffering an injury is a risk that wasn’t worth taking.

Can we trade Kronwall for Avery? Please?

Straight up? Keep dreaming...

Again, do not OVERREACT.

Think, not overreact.

Maybe we should strart a new thread of "What will be Kronner's next injury - what part and how?" - he seems to injure somethig different each time - good way to change things up for his body I guess :D . Maybe a wrist injury d/t wrapping up an injured ankle - sprains it; HA!

Don't trade him - he gives the D-men in the minors inspiration knowing one of them will be called to replace him when he gets injured. Give them hope dammit - don't take it away!

Edited by TimeBinder

Overreacting to almost anything/everything in here seems to be the norm unfortuantely. <_<

Straight up? Keep dreaming...

Again, do not OVERREACT.

Think, not overreact.

You're darn right straight up. Why wouldn't you do the deal? What is it that makes Kronwall such a must keep guy? Is is the constant turnovers, the constant injuries, the lack of offensive production we were always promised?

Avery's come a long way since his days as a Wing, he's improved his offensive output every season to the point where he's a scroing line player capable of even playing on the PK. Hits, scores, agitates, he's a very solid little player.

But anyway it would never happen. But regardless, Kronwall is ridiculously injury prone.

Avery's come a long way since his days as a Wing, he's improved his offensive output every season to the point where he's a scroing line player capable of even playing on the PK. Hits, scores, agitates, he's a very solid little player.

He also causes more problems than he's worth, every GM has called him a detriment to the team.

MacLeod has updated his blog:

http://redwingscorner.blogspot.com/2007/11...s-practice.html

Osgood is starting Wednesday (makes sense with how he played against Nashville at the end of last year--not that they're the same time), Hasek will start Friday.

Kronwall is out. Death, taxes, and Kronwall getting injured. He's useless.

Hudler might be scratched.

Lines:

Datsyuk-Zetterberg-Holmstrom/Hudler

Franzen-Filppula-Samuelsson/Hudler

Cleary-Draper-Maltby

Drake-Ellis-Downey/Kopecky

Lidstrom-Rafalski

Lebda-Lilja

Meech-Chelios

Osgood

Hasek

I just dont see why everyone is riding Ellis's cock lately. He has 2 goals that where 100% luck. no work involved at all. he isnt gritty, he dosnt agravate people. he is a s***ty skater.. all i can give him credit for his the respect that he has for the organization.

But yet there is so much HATE for Kopecky, when he has a +5, only has 1 penatly this year and 2 assist's. AND From time to time, he really puts his body into people. not to mention he has a solid shot. and solid skating abilities..

I'm not sure you've watched Ellis. Have you? He's played balls out whenever he's taken a shift. That's why people are up on him and his hardworking cock.

The Kopecky situation gets some people blowing hot wind, but really, saying he's put his body into anyone or is solid skating/on the puck is a stretch just in the other direction. I don't even have that negative an opinion on him...

He simply hasn't done jack out there.