• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Legionnaire11

Steve Violetta

Rate this topic

Tennessean Article

not sure if any wings fans caught this. Good luck with him, most Preds fans couldn't stand the way the marketing direction went after Violetta came on board with us. He just did a very poor job all around, especially for the kind of money that Leipold put into marketing.

The article would have you believe that Violetta increase ticket sales... while totally neglecting the fact that the biggest increases came when we made the playoffs, signed kariya, signed arnott, traded for forsberg and had a ticket rally led by groups outside of the Preds organization.

Oh well, i'd like to say that I hope he doesn't ruin the Wings marketing... but I really can't. Just thought i'd give you guys a heads up on who you're bringing in.

Oh well, i'd like to say that I hope he doesn't ruin the Wings marketing... but I really can't. Just thought i'd give you guys a heads up on who you're bringing in.

Doubt it could get much worse than this "Fire On Ice" garbage.

Yeah "Fire On Ice". It can't get any worst than that.

Unless he brings back that Red Wings Disco song. :scared:

Edited by Jwo

Oh, it could definitely be worse than Fire on Ice.

What makes me wonder is, what is the thought process that leads one to take a look at the team having some of the worst attendance issues in the league and thinking "we have GOT to have their marketing guy."

Agreed. It doesn't make any sense to me.

What a grand surprise. The Wings hire another clueless moron to be a part of their marketing team. Illitch is either really cheap, or really stupid. Try bringing in a decent marketing staff (like Dallas has), and make this team more marketable off the ice.

Reading the comments on the posted page, this team could be in real danger. This idiot proposed the Predators playoff games to be blacked out on TV because they didn't sellout. Because the Wings can no longer sellout home games anymore either, this could be a problem.

Legionnaire: can you confirm if this really did happen with the Predators? That sounds like a horrible, Chicago Blackhawks esque idea.

Edited by Kp-Wings

Guest LivingtheDream

Oh, it could definitely be worse than Fire on Ice.

What makes me wonder is, what is the thought process that leads one to take a look at the team having some of the worst attendance issues in the league and thinking "we have GOT to have their marketing guy."

I guess we aren't using our scouts to check out the marketing prospects.

Reading the comments on the posted page, this team could be in real danger. This idiot proposed the Predators playoff games to be blacked out on TV because they didn't sellout. Because the Wings can no longer sellout home games anymore either, this could be a problem.

Legionnaire: can you confirm if this really did happen with the Predators? That sounds like a horrible, Chicago Blackhawks esque idea.

not only is it true that he threatened playoff blackouts (one of his first acts on the job), but he also blamed it on the individual fans, or as he likes to refer to them "jack-and-jill fan" rather than pointing the finger at the corporate community that has always been the main culprit of our attendance woes.

He's a ncie guy by all accounts... just not great at his job.