• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Grittzkey

What Would You Do?

Rate this topic

Hypothetically, If you can be holland for the rest of the year, what changes would you make. with the line up, potential trades and so on.. Try and make the trades realistic as possible. and remember to post your lines after the trades.

Grittzkey's RedWings Moves

Trades

Red Wings Recieve - Chris Gratton

Lightning Recieve - Tomas Kopecky - 3rd Round Selection

Detroit Recieve - Derek Boogaard - 5th/6th Round Selection

Wild Recieve - Johan Franzen

Detroit Recieve - Kyle McLaren

Sharks Recieve - Andreas Lilja - Johnathan Ericsson - 4th Round Selection

New Line-Up

Zetterberg - Datsyuk - Holmstrom

Hudler - Filpula - Gratton

Cleary - Draper - Maltby

Boogaard - Drake -Downey

*Ellis*

Lidstrom - McClaren

Rafalski - Kronwall

Chelios - Lebda

Samuelsson and Hudler for Rolston

Lilja and Kopecky for Lucic

We should have never re-signed Hasek.

Instead of signing Drake we should have offered Downey a 2 year $1-1.5 million (ONE WAY) contract.

Holmstrom-Datsyuk-Franzen

Rolston-Zetterberg-Filipula

Cleary-Draper-Maltby

Downey-Ellis-Lucic

Lidstrom-Kindl/Ericsson

Rafalski-Kronwall

Chelios-Lebda

Osgood

Howard

We need defense, but not so sure McLaren is the answer. I also wouldn't want to lose Mule, either, and certainly would not want him with the Sharks. I think we haven't seen his best yet this season, anyway.

Much as I like Chris Gratton, no thank ya. He's got size, though, and so does McLaren. But I don't know that losing Kopay or Lebda (who I can also see as trade bait) would be worth it.

Guest wingswillwincup

Pick up Hossa at the deadline for whatever it takes. The wings really need to make a move this year.

hossa would cost us way too much and he hasnt been effective this season so far not to mention the fact that theres no hope of him resigning here

Hypothetically, If you can be holland for the rest of the year, what changes would you make. with the line up, potential trades and so on.. Try and make the trades realistic as possible. and remember to post your lines after the trades.

Grittzkey's RedWings Moves

Trades

Red Wings Recieve - Chris Gratton

Lightning Recieve - Tomas Kopecky - 3rd Round Selection

Detroit Recieve - Derek Boogaard - 5th/6th Round Selection

Wild Recieve - Johan Franzen

Detroit Recieve - Kyle McLaren

Sharks Recieve - Andreas Lilja - Johnathan Ericsson - 4th Round Selection

New Line-Up

Zetterberg - Datsyuk - Holmstrom

Hudler - Filpula - Gratton

Cleary - Draper - Maltby

Boogaard - Drake -Downey

*Ellis*

Lidstrom - McClaren

Rafalski - Kronwall

Chelios - Lebda

trade franzen ?? no way ...... same for ericsson , hes young wont cost us anything and is a big body with some nice potential , i definetly think hes an nhler

hossa would cost us way too much and he hasnt been effective this season so far not to mention the fact that theres no hope of him resigning here

trade franzen ?? no way ...... same for ericsson , hes young wont cost us anything and is a big body with some nice potential , i definetly think hes an nhler

Erickson i agree he has the potential to be an nhler and a good one at that, But. We also have 4-5 more people who arnt on the squad now that could be good nhlers. and if we can get a good physical nhler in return. Sounds good to me.

Franzen is catching up to Lilja and Hasek for me.. on my dislike list. He is bringing nothing to the table currently and is taking minutes away from my boy Rex.. :crazy:

Thx for your imput btw. feel free to do your own too, id love to see.

Boogaard - Drake -Downey

That'll never be a line that the Wings will ice, but christ how sick would that be? MAN.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Montreal gets Hudler, Kopecky

Detroit gets Ryder, Begin

Boston gets Lilja, 3rd

Detroit gets Aaron Ward

Detroit gets a newly signed 3 yrs 4 mil per year Brian Rolston, 3rd rounder.

Minnesota gets Filpula and Franzen ( :( )

Zetterberg-Datsyuk-Holmstrom

Samuelson-Rolston-Ryder

Cleary-Draper-Maltby

Drake-Begin-Downey

Lidstrom-Ward

Rafalski-Kronwall

Chelios-Lebda

i would do what i did in nhl 08(which really needs to work on the way trades work), feds for hasek straight up. call up howard, trade rafalski and huds + 1st rd for ovechkin.

i forgot what else i did, but i know i traded nash for malkin and got pheneuf and souray somehow....w/e

The only players who are really, trulye expendable at this point are Kopecky and Lilja. What we would need in return is someone who can kill penalties and block shots, and another player who can score. A lot of teams would give up a veteran or a near-veteran foryouthful prospects.

The only players who are really, trulye expendable at this point are Kopecky and Lilja. What we would need in return is someone who can kill penalties and block shots, and another player who can score. A lot of teams would give up a veteran or a near-veteran foryouthful prospects.

i wouldnt really call liljia a "youthful" prospect

Boogaard - Drake -Downey

That'll never be a line that the Wings will ice, but christ how sick would that be? MAN.

Lou would become a literal fountain he'd be pissing himself so hard. It'd be great! :lol:

Now with 1/4 of the season finished I'm definitely curious about deadline talks for later. I don't know what we can actually get out there though.

We need defense, but not so sure McLaren is the answer. I also wouldn't want to lose Mule, either, and certainly would not want him with the Sharks. I think we haven't seen his best yet this season, anyway.

Much as I like Chris Gratton, no thank ya. He's got size, though, and so does McLaren. But I don't know that losing Kopay or Lebda (who I can also see as trade bait) would be worth it.

I'd trade Kopecky for Gratton in a heartbeat. Kopecky is like a poor man's Gratton. Not that Gratton is an all star or anything, but that shows you what I think of Kopecky. We'd have a more physical player who is better on draws, and can add more offense than Kopecky. Oh yeah, and he's a better fighter too.

I could care less if we resign him next year so long as he helps us win a cup this year. As of right now we have 5 million to go toward the deadline and incentives Hasek most likely won't be getting. We definitely have the money.

I could care less if we resign him next year so long as he helps us win a cup this year. As of right now we have 5 million to go toward the deadline and incentives Hasek most likely won't be getting. We definitely have the money.

I live in Minnesota--the Wild have no interest in moving Boogard mid-season, but if the Wings dumped Franzen for him, they'd be nuts. You don't need to trade for goons, they should be readily available for a pro-rated $500k as FA's or waivers.

I hate franzen so trading him for Boogarrd, is a win win for me.

Boog isnt just an enforcer he is a PEACE MAKER. no one will mess with any of your Play Makers, unless they want there face to end up like Federuk's.. as much as Downey and Drake are enforcers they dont have that type of threat to them.

Titleing Boogard a peacemaker is funny, but it's funny because it's true. It's the perfect word for the intimidation factor he brings.

I like it. I'm not sure about trading Franzen for him though.

What did Atlanta toss away at the deadline last year? I know their GM got some not so stellar reviews for the end result of the Tkachuk trade and whatever else they dealt for a quick playoff punch.

It's pretty close to $5.5, but even if Dom reached all his bonuses, the Wings wouldn't take that hit to the cap until next season.

This is what I'd do.

Find a #1 goaltender. Sorry, but Dom, nor Ozzie will bring home silver this year with this squad. I'm not entirely sure who I'd try to get, however. I'd like to acquire someone who would be here for a few years, not just a short term fix. No matter what everyone thinks Howard isn't going to just jump in and be a great NHL starter. I'd like to see him learn the ropes as a backup. While I love Ozzie, I just don't think there is much room for him if the Wings really are planning on bringing up Howard anytime soon.

My goalie: Huet.

Who/what I'd trade: Osgood, Sammy, and a 2nd round.

With Price and Halak coming up fast, and Huet being an UFA this offseason, he may be expendable.

I'd try to fill the second line scoring slack. This is a bit tougher, there are a lot of sexy names out there. Rolston is one I hear a lot. I'd rather see someone who'd fit into the Wings style a little better, preferably a Euro.

My guy: Miro Satan.

Who/what I'd trade: Meech, Pain Train, and a 3rd round.

He isn't the biggest name out there, so I don't think he would attract much attention. Again, he is an UFA next season. Few guys in the NHL have his combination of speed, and raw offensive skill. By acquiring Satan, a winger, the Wings could break up ZDH, and now have 2 lines who can score.

I'd like to sure up the blue line. As much as everyone here seems to think it's the Wings biggest asset, I think it's one of the biggest holes.

My guy: Dan Markov.

Who/what I'd trade: Obviously nothing, but I'd give him $4 per if he'd take it.

He would provide the much needed top 4 dman.

My guy: Boumeester.

Who/what I'd trade: Kronwall, and Quincey

I don't like Kronwall or Quincey. There have been a lot of talks that Boumeester isn't happy in FLA.

LINES

Homer/Hank/Cleary

Satan/Pav/Franzen

Malts/Drapes/Rex

Drake/Kopy/Downey

Lidstrom/Markov

Ralfy/Boumeester

Lebda/Chelios

Huet

Howard

Edited by BringHomeTheCup!

Just get rid of Kopecky and im happy, hell trade him for Jason Willaims for all I care.

That's like trading a sack of s*** for a can of worms. All jokes aside, Williams has for some unknown reason played well this year for Chicago, so the Blackhawks would never make this trade.

Just get rid of Kopecky and im happy, hell trade him for Jason Willaims for all I care.

Its weird how i rank Kopecky up there with my fave players on the wings.--RexDrakeDowneyKopecky--

And you would dump him so quick..

Wonder what we see in him that makes us shape our oppinions..

The Kopecky as of late is the only Kopecky i known, During the later part of the regular season last year, they put him in and i remember seeing #28 flying around just smashing people into the glass. This year i didnt see that out of him till after he got scratched now he has been playing like that lil more..After reading up about him it seems like he has some Offensive upside that has yet to be seen also.?

what makes you dislike him?

Its weird how i rank Kopecky up there with my fave players on the wings.--RexDrakeDowneyKopecky--

And you would dump him so quick..

Wonder what we see in him that makes us shape our oppinions..

The Kopecky as of late is the only Kopecky i known, During the later part of the regular season last year, they put him in and i remember seeing #28 flying around just smashing people into the glass. This year i didnt see that out of him till after he got scratched now he has been playing like that lil more..After reading up about him it seems like he has some Offensive upside that has yet to be seen also.?

what makes you dislike him?

The better question is what makes you like him? He's a waste of size that doesn't play physical enough, he's slow, he can't score, and what's worse, we often have him playing at center where he clearly doesn't belong. The only thing he's ever done right is to beat up on poor Patrick Sharp.