• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

timothy1997

2007-2008 NFL Playoff Thread

Rate this topic

2007-2008 NFL Playoffs  

22 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Haha, Giants win on a field goal off of the Favre turnover. As a Lions fan, I just cannot help but to laugh.

The appeal of the Super Bowl is now gone, but now my least favorite team has no chance of winning.

The Super Bowl is still the Super Bowl. It really doesn't matter who plays in NFL's Biggest Game. It's more of an unofficial holiday in USA than anything. Enjoy the game and watch it for the reasons non-sports fans watch the game. The train wreck halftime show and THE COMMERICALS!!!

GO PATS!! FINISH THE PERFECT SEASON!!

Edited by timothy1997

Can we cancel the Superbowl due to the writers strike? Seriously, *this* is the game that is being shoved down our throats?

I am boycotting the un-superbowl because I hate both teams. Best case for me, both team planes go down, or weather prevents the teams from making it to the stadium and they call the whole thing off.

Can we cancel the Superbowl due to the writers strike? Seriously, *this* is the game that is being shoved down our throats?

I am boycotting the un-superbowl because I hate both teams. Best case for me, both team planes go down, or weather prevents the teams from making it to the stadium and they call the whole thing off.

naturally, you are from Texas. Maybe if the chokeboys, er Cowboys would have played better, they would be on their way to Zona instead of hitting the links.

Hard to argue that both these teams don't deserve to be here now. The Pats are perfect and only be everyone on their schedule. The Giants came out of nowhere and beat no matter who, on the road, in some of the toughest environments.

Enjoy the Super Bowl because its the Super Bowl.

Actually, I'm not much of a Cowboys fan anymore. I grew up with them and the Oilers, and then the Oilers left, so I was stuck. When the Texans came in, they became my team. I will watch the Cowboys, but I don't bleed with em, and I knew they were going to lose before the opening kickoff against the Giants. So, trust me, it's not bitterness. I just really hate the two teams left.

With the Pats, it's kinda like why I hate Gretzky, and why alot of people hate Sidney Crosby. Great, we get it. They're good. Let it go. Focus on one other thing for 5 minutes. Too much of anything, even a good thing, just ugh. Seriously? No respect for the Pats? Still? Please. The Pats barely beat the lowly Chargers without LT. If the Chargers didn't keep stalling in the red zone, they would have beaten the Pats easily.

The Giants are just a bunch of classless douchebags. I'm sorry. There's not really anything else you can say about them. The team wins despite Eli Manning, but everyone touts him like he's good. He's not. Tom Brady is good. Peyton Manning is good. Eli is mediocre and classless. Holding out on the Chargers and forcing them to trade him or let him go, wasn't it? Made them waste their draft pick, and then refused to play for them? Something like that?

Nah, I will not be watching this game. It's like a Philly\Anaheim Stanley Cup Finals. Can't stand the thought of either team winning.

Actually, I'm not much of a Cowboys fan anymore. I grew up with them and the Oilers, and then the Oilers left, so I was stuck. When the Texans came in, they became my team. I will watch the Cowboys, but I don't bleed with em, and I knew they were going to lose before the opening kickoff against the Giants. So, trust me, it's not bitterness. I just really hate the two teams left.

With the Pats, it's kinda like why I hate Gretzky, and why alot of people hate Sidney Crosby. Great, we get it. They're good. Let it go. Focus on one other thing for 5 minutes. Too much of anything, even a good thing, just ugh. Seriously? No respect for the Pats? Still? Please. The Pats barely beat the lowly Chargers without LT. If the Chargers didn't keep stalling in the red zone, they would have beaten the Pats easily.

The Giants are just a bunch of classless douchebags. I'm sorry. There's not really anything else you can say about them. The team wins despite Eli Manning, but everyone touts him like he's good. He's not. Tom Brady is good. Peyton Manning is good. Eli is mediocre and classless. Holding out on the Chargers and forcing them to trade him or let him go, wasn't it? Made them waste their draft pick, and then refused to play for them? Something like that?

Nah, I will not be watching this game. It's like a Philly\Anaheim Stanley Cup Finals. Can't stand the thought of either team winning.

I have said this many times before and will say it again. THE MARK OF A GOOD TEAM IS CAN THEY WHEN GAMES MULTIPLE WAYS. Brady had one of his worst playoff games sunday, yet the Pats still won. The Chargers can kick themselves all summer because they had the Pats on the ropes, then let them go. If you are making field goals instead of touchdowns, you aren't winning, you are losing.

Oh when people are finally going to give Eli some f***in respect. He managed the game on Sunday, like he has the last few weeks. He showed what he is capable as a qb, the problem has been he has been too inconsistant. He has talent to rank amongst the best quarterbacks in the NFL. Not even sure how he is classless when he doesn't even really say anything. Rivers on the other hand you can call classless, taunting at fans, but give him props. Rivers played well yesterday despite having a poor knee and a banged up team.

Eli didn't want to play in San Diego and instead the chargers traded him to NY for Rivers. Trade worked out for both teams. Players do it all the time. Colts actually drafted Elway and he refused to play for them, saying he would play baseball instead. Colts traded him to Broncos and the rest is history. Lots of people regard Elway as one of the greatest qbs ever.

So don't watch the Super Bowl. Your loss. Majority of sports fans and non-sports fans will watch the Super Bowl for multiple reasons regardless of who plays. SC finals, NBA Finals and World Series...the matchup determines audience.

The NFC was pretty easy. I voted Giants because they are a great road team and have a really awesome defense. Hopefully, the Packers will lose their first game so we don't have to hear about it, but the competition is pretty weak so I figure they'll make it to the championship game.

In the AFC, I was tempted to go against the grain and pick Indy to repeat, but New England is just too good. The Pats should make it to the Super Bowl and win it, but don't be surprised if a team like San Diego surprises everyone and gets to the championship game instead of the Colts. They could even give the Pats a game, but I don't see them stealing one at Gilette Stadium.

Super Bowl - Pats 41, Giants 17

Good prediction.

The Super Bowl is still the Super Bowl. It really doesn't matter who plays in NFL's Biggest Game. It's more of an unofficial holiday in USA than anything. Enjoy the game and watch it for the reasons non-sports fans watch the game. The train wreck halftime show and THE COMMERICALS!!!

GO PATS!! FINISH THE PERFECT SEASON!!

Which is the exact reason why I'll be watching it. :P

I always watch the Super Bowl, no matter which teams are in it. I'm sure most people are that way.

I think the game will be closer then what people think. I don't think NYG will or can win, but they will show up to play. If Manning plays good they will be in the thick of things.

Also...didn't NE only beat NYG 38-35 the last week of the season???

Now it's down to New England and the Giants. While I would like to see the Giants be the only team to give New England a loss this season, I don't think it's going to happen, despite the fact that the Giants did almost give them a "L" in the regular season. The Patriots just barely got by with a 38-35 victory.

It's going to be a good game, but I think right now New England is really firing on all cylanders and they will stop at nothing to win this Super Bowl.

With all that said though....Let's go Giants!! :P

Guest jaytan

I'm SO happy the damned Packers didn't get to the Super Bowl. Now that we're down to two I'm rooting for the Pats. I really like the Giants, but I definitely think the Pats will destroy them. You give that team - under Bill freaking Bellichek - two weeks to prepare for a team they've already seen the best of.... New England will cover the spread, trust me. I'm betting a couple grand on 'em.

Guest jaytan

I just can't imagine any scenario in which the Pats lose this one (unless Brady suffers a game-ending injury). Bill freaking Bellichek with two weeks to prepare for a team he's already seen put up their best game against him? In a climate-controlled stadium? A beat-up Giants team against an overloaded, healthy Pats squad?

I really think this one will be UGLY. If the Giants want any chance at all, they'll need to be aggressive on defense without taking too many risks in the secondary (their amazing front four could help here), give up no stupid turnovers and control the clock. On top of that, they'll need a lot of luck - New England losing challenges, shanking field goals, getting personal interferrence penalties, etc. I'm tempted to take that 14-point spread and bet a bunch of money on New England to cover because I think they'll absolutely destroy New York and settle this by halftime.

my favorite part of the Patriots Media Day that just finished up was when Mariucci talked to Pats Larry Izzo

Mariucci: Are you any relation to Tom Izzo?

Izzo: No!

Mariucci: Oh. Did you see them beat Michigan on Sunday? Michigan State is 18-2 and are a really good team this year.

:yowza:

Edited by timothy1997

I think the game will be closer then what people think. I don't think NYG will or can win, but they will show up to play. If Manning plays good they will be in the thick of things.

Also...didn't NE only beat NYG 38-35 the last week of the season???

I think the game will be closer than the spread just because the Giants are playing with house money and have nothing to lose by just going for it.

I don't take much from the last game of the season - because both teams had their playoff spots secured - give the Giants credit for playing hard - but I think the Superbowl is different.

I'll root for the perfect season for the Pats just because I'd like to see history made. I've been a Brady fan from the beginning. However, I must admit I liked the kid who came out of Michigan, was a 6th round pick, won the superbowl and mvp, and was just a humble everyday guy. The "superstarstom" thing just makes people a little more unreal to the masses of us....The media is just nauseating - I have to read on the sports ticker what TB is doing every hour of his day - unreal! I'll be glad when this is over just for the odds that a hockey story might actually surface! <_<

I plan on gaining 10 pounds on Sunday. I can't wait.

just curious to what your's and everyone's super bowl treats are?

I am going with wings for the game. I got a bunch of different types on order from this local place in town. Will have many different sauces to go with them. Also going with the chips and salsa combo too.

I am going with wings for the game. I got a bunch of different types on order from this local place in town. Will have many different sauces to go with them. Also going with the chips and salsa combo too.

Usually beer with a side of beer. Some food.

Just got done shopping for it. Heres what's in store...

-Secret recipe Salmon chip dip

-BBQ sandwiches and/or Burritos

-Shrimp

-And of course plenty of ice cold Coors Light, along with Captain Morgan/Yukon Jack

Stop by if you want!!

Im usually surrounded with ribs and whatnot for the Super Bowl, but there i am all day with just my chips and beer. I cant afford to be stuffing down a bunch of food when i need to save room for the beer.