• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

timothy1997

2007-2008 NFL Playoff Thread

Rate this topic

2007-2008 NFL Playoffs  

22 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

playoff matchups are set:

NFC

Dallas, Green Bay: 1st Round Byes

Washington Redskins at Seattle Seahawks

New York Giants at Tampa Bay Buccaneers

AFC

New England, Indy: 1st Round Byes

Tennessee at San Diego

Jacksonville at Pittsburgh

Should be an exciting playoffs. Can't wait til Saturday.

playoff matchups are set:

NFC

Dallas, Green Bay: 1st Round Byes

Washington Redskins at Seattle Seahawks

New York Giants at Tampa Bay Buccaneers

AFC

New England, Indy: 1st Round Byes

Tennessee at San Diego

Jacksonville at Pittsburgh

Should be an exciting playoffs. Can't wait til Saturday.

The 2nd round in the AFC playoffs should be epic: New England vs. Jacksonville and San Diego vs. Indy? That's good stuff.

The Lions should hire that guy the ravers fired. From what i seen of him, he looks like he has passion unlike marenelli who just walks around looking like a gimp and is too soft spoken in interviews. Current lions coach = too soft.

Edited by Jwo

Even tho I don't think it will happen, I wouldn't mind seeing the Redskins pulling off a run and making it to the super bowl this year. Think of the stories a Redskins Super Bowl would have. First you have the death of Sean Taylor and overcoming his loss. Second, they have Joe Gibbs. The ol' ball coach still knows how to coach. And finally...if they play the Pats, you could have Todd Collins pulling a "Tom Brady" and come outta nowhere to lead his team. That would be awesome.

Even tho I don't think it will happen, I wouldn't mind seeing the Redskins pulling off a run and making it to the super bowl this year. Think of the stories a Redskins Super Bowl would have. First you have the death of Sean Taylor and overcoming his loss. Second, they have Joe Gibbs. The ol' ball coach still knows how to coach. And finally...if they play the Pats, you could have Todd Collins pulling a "Tom Brady" and come outta nowhere to lead his team. That would be awesome.

That would be a great story forsure. But I think the Skins are going to have a tough time playing at Quest, with the 12th man coming alive even more so for the playoffs..

Guest jaytan

The NFC was pretty easy. I voted Giants because they are a great road team and have a really awesome defense. Hopefully, the Packers will lose their first game so we don't have to hear about it, but the competition is pretty weak so I figure they'll make it to the championship game.

In the AFC, I was tempted to go against the grain and pick Indy to repeat, but New England is just too good. The Pats should make it to the Super Bowl and win it, but don't be surprised if a team like San Diego surprises everyone and gets to the championship game instead of the Colts. They could even give the Pats a game, but I don't see them stealing one at Gilette Stadium.

Super Bowl - Pats 41, Giants 17

Edited by jaytan

Seahawks played very well on D and Hasselback played alright, but was good down the stretch.. The Skins were in it for a bit, but I think the turning point was they missed the 30 yrd field goal. After that it was pretty much all Hawks

Good to see the Jags win in Pitts, I knew that was coming. The 2 running backs for the Jags are beasts

couldn't imagine a worst start for the Packers today.

im looking at it positively now, whats worse that could happen except a worse deficit, hopefully they overcome a huge momentum hole and it helps them drive further!

GO PACK

poor jags, theyre such a good team, so underrated but now i think people are starting to realize just how talented they are.

But yeah, its gonna take something special to knock the pats off, maybe an old QB out to win one last superbowl? :cool:

Yay Patriots!! :)

I can't wait for tomorrow's Colts/Chargers game!!!!

So freaking exciting!

Before you start with the bandwagon comments - I'm originally from Mass and was born there :o

so how did you ever become a wings fan then? Thought you would be a Bruins fan then.

Cant speak for the Pack fans, but Seattle is just a mediocre team to me, so that makes them a pretender. That team has always been about one man...Shaun Alexander. Hasselbeck has been good dont get me wrong, but Alexander is what determines the ultimate success of that team. Unfortunately for them, the past 2 seasons he's become a shadow of what he once was because of all his injury problems. He's been averaging a pretty pathetic 3 and a half yards per carry the last 2 years. So even when he plays he's not doing anything. That team, without a great Alexander, is no threat to win anywhere but at home. At Lambeau i believe they take a healthy 20 pt pounding.

It doesnt happen often but occasionally i get something right!

Time for fraud #2 the Giants to be exposed tonight.

Guest DetroitIan

Great game so far between the Chargers and Colts. Basically a back and forth scorefest. It's been a blast to watch. There is only like 10 min left in the game. And there has only been 1 punt the whole game. Can't wait to see how the 4th quarter goes.

Oh yeah, and GO CHARGERS!

Great game so far between the Chargers and Colts. Basically a back and forth scorefest. It's been a blast to watch. There is only like 10 min left in the game. And there has only been 1 punt the whole game. Can't wait to see how the 4th quarter goes.

Oh yeah, and GO CHARGERS!

Probably the best playoff game of this season today. To have San Diego lose both LT and Rivers and still play well is unbelievable. Hats off to Chargers today in an incrediable win. It's too bad the Chargers will probably be crushed in Foxboro next sunday tho.

Unfortunately for them, the past 2 seasons he's become a shadow of what he once was because of all his injury problems & the loss of Steve Hutchinson.

First off, fixed the response you made earlier. Second, nice predictions.

Guest DetroitIan
Probably the best playoff game of this season today. To have San Diego lose both LT and Rivers and still play well is unbelievable. Hats off to Chargers today in an incrediable win. It's too bad the Chargers will probably be crushed in Foxboro next sunday tho.

So true.

I did not see the Giants beating the Cowboys here today. Just goes to show you that regular season matchups mean squat.

If #4 doesn't get the Packers to the Super Bowl next Sunday, he will never take the team there again. Green Bay has a golden opportunity to make it to Zona and they probably are the only team that has a shot against the Pats. Pats-Pack super bowl.

First off, fixed the response you made earlier. Second, nice predictions.

Very true there as well. Hutchinson was a huge loss.

Nice to see im back to being wrong again! No way did i think the Giants would ever make it this far. Might as well stick with my gut though, I think GB wins handily.