• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
hillbillywingsfan

Blake pining to become a Wing?

Rate this topic

So, should we start the "Blake Sucks" or "Blake is a Disappointment" threads yet? (Kinda like the Rafalski thread that's going on right now)

No matter what D-man is added, if any, fans will be dissapointed by him because he's not as good Saint Lord and Saviour Nick.

There, fixed it.

Well the Kings got a beating again tonight, so the aint going anywhere fast. I say lets try

for Blake and see if we could somehow take Frolov or Nagy with him. Not sure what Nagy's

situ is at present although I would think he would be more gettable than Frolov. Don't know

what it would take to get Frolov, and whether Kenny would think the stakes to high.

Ok let me say it now, Hossa isn't coming to to the wings.. And if people do think he is, please tell me what you think the wings would have to give up for a rental player again.. Im willing to listen

Finally somebody with some sense. No Blake, Hossa or Sundin Not gonna happen

Why do some of u want hossa and blake? We don't need them and i do not wanna give up any of our future for them!! Blake is washed up and hossa... what is the point??? We don't need anymore skilled players like him. Sundin i would not mind but just as long as were not giving up too much. I really hope we can hold on to Flippula and Hudler for many years. lol hopefully Toronto would accept Sammy and Howard for Sundin.

I have seen Howard play and there is no chance he becomes an elite goalie. Maybe someday he could be an Ozzie but i don't even know that..

I agree, we already have a few hossa type players.

What we need to do is add size.

We have no Hossa type players; Hossa is a big strong winger who is damn near impossible to knock off the puck, and has GREAT puck skills. If the Wings can get Hossa and sign him long term without killing the cap...that's pretty much something they HAVE to do. The last time Detroit had a winger like Hossa was 1997, when Fedorov was playing the wing. If we can get Hossa on a reasonable long-term deal and only have to give up one of Filppula, Hudler, and Kindl and not give up Kronwall, Zetterberg, Lidstrom, or Datsyuk...at that point you pretty much have to pay the price because it's still a deal in Detroit's favor.

BTW..Hossa is 6-2, 210. In other words, he's only a hair smaller than Brendan Shanahan. And Hossa is in his prime.

EDIT: I don't think it could happen, but my ideal potentially realistic trade for Hossa would be one of Hudler/Filppula (doesn't matter which) plus Howard and Meech/Quincey/Lebda plus a 2nd round pick. Thats plenty of potential plus some hype and a pick but it deals from positions of strength for the Wings and doesn't get rid of anyone we can't afford to lose.

Edited by eva unit zero

We have no Hossa type players; Hossa is a big strong winger who is damn near impossible to knock off the puck, and has GREAT puck skills. If the Wings can get Hossa and sign him long term without killing the cap...that's pretty much something they HAVE to do. The last time Detroit had a winger like Hossa was 1997, when Fedorov was playing the wing. If we can get Hossa on a reasonable long-term deal and only have to give up one of Filppula, Hudler, and Kindl and not give up Kronwall, Zetterberg, Lidstrom, or Datsyuk...at that point you pretty much have to pay the price because it's still a deal in Detroit's favor.

BTW..Hossa is 6-2, 210. In other words, he's only a hair smaller than Brendan Shanahan. And Hossa is in his prime.

EDIT: I don't think it could happen, but my ideal potentially realistic trade for Hossa would be one of Hudler/Filppula (doesn't matter which) plus Howard and Meech/Quincey/Lebda plus a 2nd round pick. Thats plenty of potential plus some hype and a pick but it deals from positions of strength for the Wings and doesn't get rid of anyone we can't afford to lose.

pwned...

As for the trade, I'd much rather give up Hudler than Filppula, but honestly Atlanta needs Filppula much more. Howard I couldn't really care as I don't ever see him becoming an elite goaltender. I think we would also have to give up Kronwall, not so much to make the trade happen, but rather to ensure we have enough cap space to sign Hossa and Zetterberg.

pwned...

As for the trade, I'd much rather give up Hudler than Filppula, but honestly Atlanta needs Filppula much more. Howard I couldn't really care as I don't ever see him becoming an elite goaltender. I think we would also have to give up Kronwall, not so much to make the trade happen, but rather to ensure we have enough cap space to sign Hossa and Zetterberg.

With what Kronwall is being paid, his production, injury history, and the Wings logjam at the defense position, I think he is more than expendable.

With what Kronwall is being paid, his production, injury history, and the Wings logjam at the defense position, I think he is more than expendable.

Kronwall is currently 23rd in defenceman scoring and tied for 4th in defenceman plus/minus. Yeah, there's some injury issues, but he's only missed 4 games so far this season.

Not to mention that shipping out Kronwall without getting a defenceman in return would make Lilja our number three defenceman. Think about that for a second. I wouldn't really consider the Wings to have a log-jam at the defense position when that's the case. Yeah, we have guys like Meech, Quincey, Ericsson and Kindl around, but none of those guys are capable of stepping into Kronwall's spot right now.

Kronwall is currently 23rd in defenceman scoring and tied for 4th in defenceman plus/minus. Yeah, there's some injury issues, but he's only missed 4 games so far this season.

Not to mention that shipping out Kronwall without getting a defenceman in return would make Lilja our number three defenceman. Think about that for a second. I wouldn't really consider the Wings to have a log-jam at the defense position when that's the case. Yeah, we have guys like Meech, Quincey, Ericsson and Kindl around, but none of those guys are capable of stepping into Kronwall's spot right now.

Blake would be coming over in return. And it is a logjam at the d slot. Just because none of the kids in GR are stud prospects, doesn't mean they can't fill a role.

Kronwall is making $3 per, and is supposed to be an offensive defenseman. A large part of his point production is a direct result of his mates, not the other way around. Regardless, I'm not bashing him. I'm just saying, with the all of the factors I mentioned above, I could see the Wings moving him. I also wouldn't be surprised to see more than one dman come to Detroit at the deadline.

Blake would be coming over in return. And it is a logjam at the d slot. Just because none of the kids in GR are stud prospects, doesn't mean they can't fill a role.

Kronwall is making $3 per, and is supposed to be an offensive defenseman. A large part of his point production is a direct result of his mates, not the other way around. Regardless, I'm not bashing him. I'm just saying, with the all of the factors I mentioned above, I could see the Wings moving him. I also wouldn't be surprised to see more than one dman come to Detroit at the deadline.

Well you were responding to a post that was discussing Hossa, so I assumed you were suggesting the Wings could include Kronwall in a package to get Hossa. IMO, shipping Kronwall out for Blake would be an even worse idea, as Blake isn't worth that much in the first place, and he won't be here next season anyways.

And I think it's a little tough to discredit Kronwall's point production when he doesn't get time on the first PP-unit, he's paired with Andreas Lilja, and he's already eclipsed his point total from all of last season. If his point totals were the direct result of his linemates, then shouldn't he have put up similar numbers last year?

Regardless of what you or me think of him, I think the fact that he was signed to a five-year deal implies that the Wings have him in their long-term plans.

Guest Canadian Wings

Edit: wrong thread

Edited by Canadian Wings

Well you were responding to a post that was discussing Hossa, so I assumed you were suggesting the Wings could include Kronwall in a package to get Hossa. IMO, shipping Kronwall out for Blake would be an even worse idea, as Blake isn't worth that much in the first place, and he won't be here next season anyways.

And I think it's a little tough to discredit Kronwall's point production when he doesn't get time on the first PP-unit, he's paired with Andreas Lilja, and he's already eclipsed his point total from all of last season. If his point totals were the direct result of his linemates, then shouldn't he have put up similar numbers last year?

Regardless of what you or me think of him, I think the fact that he was signed to a five-year deal implies that the Wings have him in their long-term plans.

Blake brings a true physical game to the table, something Kronwall trys to do.

What I meant about Kronwalls point production being a direct result from the guys he plays with was that he isn't the one creating the offense, he is benefiting from others creating it. I don't see how what PP unit he is on has much of anything to do with this.

Keep in mind that Z, Pav, Rex, Flip, Homer, Cleary, Raffy, Franzen... are also on pace for career years, with a few others on pace to match or come real close to their career highs.

Blake brings a true physical game to the table, something Kronwall trys to do.

You do realize that Blake is not the same player he was five years ago, right? Yeah, he's still good for the occassional hip check, but the guy's 38 and his career is clearly on the decline. Don't get me wrong, I'd like to have him here and he would indeed provide a physical presence. Personally, I think a Kronwall-Blake pairing would be awesome. But the idea of trading away a 27-year old top-four defenceman (whose career is on the rise) for Blake would be a massive overpayment. I'd be upset if the Wings gave up much more than a second rounder and a prospect.

What I meant about Kronwalls point production being a direct result from the guys he plays with was that he isn't the one creating the offense, he is benefiting from others creating it. I don't see how what PP unit he is on has much of anything to do with this.

If you can't honestly see that Kronwall is playing better, then you're not paying attention. His plus/minus was even last year. This year he's a +16. Kronwall's never scored more than one goal in each of his first three seasons. This year he has five. He's nowhere near as giveaway-prone as he has been in recent seasons. Nik's played healthy for most of the year, and it's shown. I'm simply not sure why some people refuse to accept that.

And yes, I do indeed think it's notable that Kronwall has pretty good offensive totals despite the fact that he doesn't get as much PP time as Lidstrom and Rafalski. Not to mention he's paired with the offensive juggernaut that is Mikael Samuelsson.

You do realize that Blake is not the same player he was five years ago, right? Yeah, he's still good for the occassional hip check, but the guy's 38 and his career is clearly on the decline. Don't get me wrong, I'd like to have him here and he would indeed provide a physical presence. Personally, I think a Kronwall-Blake pairing would be awesome. But the idea of trading away a 27-year old top-four defenceman (whose career is on the rise) for Blake would be a massive overpayment. I'd be upset if the Wings gave up much more than a second rounder and a prospect.

If you can't honestly see that Kronwall is playing better, then you're not paying attention. His plus/minus was even last year. This year he's a +16. Kronwall's never scored more than one goal in each of his first three seasons. This year he has five. He's nowhere near as giveaway-prone as he has been in recent seasons. Nik's played healthy for most of the year, and it's shown. I'm simply not sure why some people refuse to accept that.

And yes, I do indeed think it's notable that Kronwall has pretty good offensive totals despite the fact that he doesn't get as much PP time as Lidstrom and Rafalski. Not to mention he's paired with the offensive juggernaut that is Mikael Samuelsson.

I'm not going to argue with you about the finer points of Blake's game, but don't try to say Kronwall is anywhere near the physical threat that Blake is. No, he isn't as threatening as he once was, but Blake is still much more intimidating than Kronwall will ever be. Let it go.

I never said Kronwall wasn't playing better. I just pointed out the fact that others are also having career or close to career years. Remember Kronwall played pretty much all of last season healthy, he just couldn't put the puck in the net. He is supposed to be an offensive threat. I'm sorry, but 24 points isn't much of a threat. For that matter, Blake has 25. The +/- is good, as it should be for every player on the Wings roster. For christ's sake, they have scored more goals than anyone, and allowed fewer than anyone. And yes, that does have a lot to do with the way the entire d corp has played. I'm just saying, it's going to he better than if Kronwall played on any other team. The Wings average a +9.

Again, his offensive output isn't that impressive. If he were at the 30-35 point mark, then I might concede that he had pretty good offensive totals. Right now, his totals are decent. Keep in mind that the 'offensive juggernaut that is Mikael Samuelsson' has more goals (7) and helpers (18) than your boy Kronwall, all the while playing third line winger, and getting sparce PP time.

I'm done on the topic.

I'm not going to argue with you about the finer points of Blake's game, but don't try to say Kronwall is anywhere near the physical threat that Blake is. No, he isn't as threatening as he once was, but Blake is still much more intimidating than Kronwall will ever be. Let it go.

I'm sorry, did I ever suggest anything to the contrary? (No, I'm pretty sure I didn't)

I never said Kronwall wasn't playing better. I just pointed out the fact that others are also having career or close to career years. Remember Kronwall played pretty much all of last season healthy, he just couldn't put the puck in the net. He is supposed to be an offensive threat. I'm sorry, but 24 points isn't much of a threat. For that matter, Blake has 25. The +/- is good, as it should be for every player on the Wings roster. For christ's sake, they have scored more goals than anyone, and allowed fewer than anyone. And yes, that does have a lot to do with the way the entire d corp has played. I'm just saying, it's going to he better than if Kronwall played on any other team. The Wings average a +9.

Kronwall had groin issues up until December last season. But you're right, he is supposed to be an offensive threat, and last year he wasn't. I'm not debating that.

And Kronwall's plus/minus is second only to Lidstrom's among Detroit defenceman.

Again, his offensive output isn't that impressive. If he were at the 30-35 point mark, then I might concede that he had pretty good offensive totals. Right now, his totals are decent. Keep in mind that the 'offensive juggernaut that is Mikael Samuelsson' has more goals (7) and helpers (18) than your boy Kronwall, all the while playing third line winger, and getting sparce PP time.

Ummmmm, actually Kronwall's 20 helpers this season would be more than Samuelsson's 18. And I'm pretty sure Samuelsson's a forward whose only job is to put up points. And I find it amusing that you would think that Sammy's "scarce PP time" excuses his point totals, but not Kronwall's.

Furthermore, Kronwall ain't "my boy". I'm giving credit where credit is due. Nik's clearly improved his offensive game, not to mention his defensive game, too. I can't think of many better defenceman at his age making less than what he is.

I'm done on the topic.

I'd certainly hope so. I don't know why, but there seems to be more than a few posters here who really seem to get down on Kronwall from time to time. Maybe it has something to with the fact that he wasn't immediately the impact player we all thought he'd be after the lockout. Maybe it's because he was a little over-hyped. Myabe people have gotten frustrated with his injury problems. Whatever the case, I think it's pretty obvious that Kronwall is the third best d-man on the team and is by no means expendable. The Wings would never consider shipping him out for a deadline rental like Blake.

Edited by J-Swift

pwned...

I agree that we would probably have to give up Kronwall to make it happen; that's why it won't happen. However, if the Thrashers are willing to take a package of something like Emmerton/Meech/2nd for Hossa...then I'll do it even if we don't get him signed. Because he could have more impact in that one playoff run than we might ever see from what we would be trading away. Again, though...it's unlikely.

:thumbup:

I just hope that we do not get rid of Filppula.. He is the one I would keep over anyone that has trade value.

I hope we get Hossa! We sure could of used him last year in the playoffs when we needed to score a goal but didn't. :ranting:

I agree that we would probably have to give up Kronwall to make it happen; that's why it won't happen. However, if the Thrashers are willing to take a package of something like Emmerton/Meech/2nd for Hossa...then I'll do it even if we don't get him signed. Because he could have more impact in that one playoff run than we might ever see from what we would be trading away. Again, though...it's unlikely.

You're killin' me over here! That package is pathetic and wouldnt even come close to getting Hossa. Other teams could offer up one player and beat that. Flip is guaranteed going the other way, along with probably Kindl.

You're killin' me over here! That package is pathetic and wouldnt even come close to getting Hossa. Other teams could offer up one player and beat that. Flip is guaranteed going the other way, along with probably Kindl.

You'll notice that I said it's unlikely that we get him for what I proposed; simply that that is what I would be WILLING to give up. You really need to take a reading comprehension class if you didn't understand that part of my post.