• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

DenJ91

Fedorov back on the wings?

Rate this topic

exactly. :thumbup: the Wings offered a deal that Feds was happy to sign and when he went to sign the contract the terms had changed , even if you're loyal to who you work for . it's a kick in the teeth to get things changed like that . most proud people would do the same and walk away .

I remember that losing that 5th year did play into it. But Feds also stated at the time he wanted way more ice time

Really though these are answers that the Wings, Feds and his agent gave to the public. Only they know what really happened.

One thing is for sure....Feds wanted that 5th year in Anaheim which he didn't get since he was traded. Seems that he never figured in a million years thought he could be traded.

I'm not so sure we've seen the last of Fedorov (sounds like a storyline in a soap opera doens't it??)

So does anyone think it's possible that Fed's will sign this summer as a free agent? I'm sure it's still possible but it's also possible that Washington will ****** him up. He has played pretty well there so far.

So does anyone think it's possible that Fed's will sign this summer as a free agent? I'm sure it's still possible but it's also possible that Washington will ****** him up. He has played pretty well there so far.

I really hope he doe's end up back with the Wings , i think that it'd give him a new lease of life playing again for the team where he enjoyed most of his successful career. i think he'll be back. :thumbup:

It was a blessing in disguise that Fedorov didn't sign here. The Wings' cap situation would've been royally screwed post-lockout.

Blessing is right! He is such a selfish player. I don't ever want him back in the dressing room...he had his days and now they're over. He played the past couple of years with the wings about 50% while everyone else *that didn't have his salary* play 110%! I say NO WAY!

Ask me how I feel and I'll tell ya again! :lol::rolleyes:

Edited by dawings

It was a blessing in disguise that Fedorov didn't sign here. The Wings' cap situation would've been royally screwed post-lockout.

False!

The last offer made to Fedorov was a 4-year, $32m deal. Had he signed that deal, his cap hit would have been the same $6.08m Anaheim saw.

Meanwhile, Detroit DID have the cap hit of Robert Lang at $3.8m. So we're now only talking about a difference of $2.28m.

Factor in that Fedorov would have been the first line center, while Datsyuk would have remained on the second line for the whole of 2003-04 instead of spending most of the year as the first line pivot, and that Zetterberg is likely on the second line wing, and it's not unlikely that most of that $2.28m can be cut out of Dats and Z's combined $6.55m. We might have seen Schneider and Shanahan sign for slightly less as well.

Blessing is right! He is such a selfish player. I don't ever want him back in the dressing room...he had his days and now they're over. He played the past couple of years with the wings about 50% while everyone else *that didn't have his salary* play 110%! I say NO WAY!

Ask me how I feel and I'll tell ya again! :lol::rolleyes:

Based on points to ice time, Fedorov performed as well in 02-03 as he did in 93-94. Before you make yourself look even more foolish than you already do.

Based on points to ice time, Fedorov performed as well in 02-03 as he did in 93-94. Before you make yourself look even more foolish than you already do.

Wow...that was harsh! I thought that someone started this thread asking our opinions. Guess I'll just go dye my hair blonde. :rolleyes:

Eva, this takes the whole stats thing too far.

Much too far.

Much, much too far.

I really hope he doe's end up back with the Wings , i think that it'd give him a new lease of life playing again for the team where he enjoyed most of his successful career. i think he'll be back. :thumbup:

I think that he's already found a new lease, he's featured on NHL.COM's 4 top stories.

i really do want him to return, however i am almost positive that if the caps offer him a fair deal, he will stay there. he seems happy there playing in that system, is a leader there and plays with ovechkin. he will finish his career as a cap, but hopefully a wing

i really do want him to return, however i am almost positive that if the caps offer him a fair deal, he will stay there. he seems happy there playing in that system, is a leader there and plays with ovechkin. he will finish his career as a cap, but hopefully a wing

Agreed, it would be awesome to see Sergei back in the Wings sweater. However it seems to many hurt feelings and egos will prevent that from ever happening. Nice to see him doing well with the Caps, they are an exciting team to watch. Perhaps we will see them in June? Go Wings!

Fedorov isn't the same player as he was in Detroit. He's gotten older and his production wouldn't be nearly as great as we all remember. If you can sign him for around $1M, do it, however from what I've heard, he doesn't want to return back to Detroit. Trading for him would have been one thing, but signing him as an UFA is another. He burned his bridges with the organization and wouldn't play her of his own free will.

Everyone said he played like s*** for us (columbus) but I actually think he was one of our best players/goalscorers. Not that this is anything to be proud of but he was third on our team in pts and goals when he got traded.

I'd say he's worth 2.5 mill.

It's was good to see Feds playing and important role on the Caps team on their push for the playoffs.

The guy came alive in Washington it would be a shame if he left. He's on a team where he can really teach and contribute and to be fair, Detroit doesn't actually need him the same way.

He was my favorite Red Wing throughout the 90s, but I just don't see him fitting here. We have great forwards and we have more up-and-coming young studs. Lets stick to whats working for us.

(I still want his 91 jersey to retire!)