• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
12Newf

Report: Brunnstrom chooses Detroit?

Rate this topic

How does that have anything do with trading Hudler prior to the deadline because "Brunnstrom's coming next year"? That was the whole point of your previous post.

So because the Wings have had incredible luck in both Datsyuk and Zetterberg that means that, because Brunnstrom went undrafted and will be 23 in a couple weeks he's a sure-fire 1st line NHLer?

Come on, now.

Um, no. Please find where I said Brunnstrom is a sure-fire 1st line NHLer. In fact, find where I even said Hudler was one if you think thats what I was insinuating. The point of MY post had everything to with young forwards, with youth. If Brunnstrom is coming here, that makes it that much less of an impact if Hudler is traded because, whether its next year or the year after, we now have one more young forward who is, right now, probably closer to the calibre of what Hudler is now more so than any of our other forward prospects.

Agreed. I also want thank you for letting me be apart of this site. I'm sorry if there is any subjects or comments you've had to remove because of me (there has been a few). We have been lucky with Z and Dats, but if and when this deal is official, I hope we're incredibly lucky with Brunnstrom.

I doubt that luck had much of anything to do with it. We have great European scouts who can spot potential when others can't. We also have an awesome organization that knows how to develop young players and mold them into top players. Luck - I don't think so.

Lidstrom, Datsyuk, Zetterburg are all three superstars and all were picked late. No way we got lucky 3 times.

...cool! If it's true. I cannot understand Forsberg though, why won't he sign here? He is going to Philly?!?!? I guess he is not interested in winning a Cup is he? Oh well, bring on Fabian, Fedorov & Foote!

Christ, let it go people. Forsburg is done. He can't even lace up his skates. Fedorov and Foote have been playing poorly for the last 3 years. Why in the hell would we want them. It is not 2002, it's 2007. Move on.

Oh, boy... Let's break this down...

Um, no. Please find where I said Brunnstrom is a sure-fire 1st line NHLer.

You didn't specifically, but you insinuated as such because you attempted to compare Datsyuk and Zetterberg to Brunnstrom. Datsyuk and Zetterberg are, of course, 1st-line NHLers.

In fact, find where I even said Hudler was one if you think thats what I was insinuating.

If you can remember a few posts back, you asked if Holland would be more willing to trade Hudler for a big-time scoring forward since we woudl have "Brunnstrom coming next year." I told you no, and outlined why, then you replied with something totally unrelated by mentioning Datsyuk and Zetterberg.

The point of MY post had everything to with young forwards, with youth. If Brunnstrom is coming here, that makes it that much less of an impact if Hudler is traded because, whether its next year or the year after, we now have one more young forward who is, right now, probably closer to the calibre of what Hudler is now more so than any of our other forward prospects.

Well... duh. Again, YOU asked if Holland would be more prone to trading Hudler prior to the deadline (which you now add the caveat of "this year or next" after the fact) -- I said no, because Brunnstrom is not proven on this side of the pond yet, to which you replied the Brunnstrom was the same age as Datsyuk/Zetterberg when he'd be coming over the pond. Not sure how that is pertinent to this topic of discussion, but whatever.

As I mentioned in my original reply, any personnel moves that would be a result of Brunnstrom's performance here would not even take place until next season at the earliest because Holland can't act on what is still an unproven commodity in North America.

Hell yeah! My man! TOOL f***IN RoCks!!!! Great show this year at DTE!

I can't wait until this is final. It is great to be able to sign players like this to make your club better. Just shows how awesome Mr. I and Holland are!!!! :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

I was there too amazing concert, except they didn't play the Pot. Plus it would have been cooler if Manyerd came out in a wings jersey instead of a pistons

Christ, let it go people. Forsburg is done. He can't even lace up his skates. Fedorov and Foote have been playing poorly for the last 3 years. Why in the hell would we want them. It is not 2002, it's 2007. Move on.

...and so was Larry Murphey and Slava Fetisov when we aquired them, weren't they?

...you guys cannot have it both ways, you say Osgood only plays good and has as many wins as he does because of the team he played behind. Well, using that same logic, Foote and Fedorov have played crappy because of the team they play on, put them back in a winning franchise and a team that actually has a goal, then (using the logic I just spoke of) they would rejuvinate their careers. That IS whay Osgood is doing so well, right? \

...Oh wait, now you say no, they are washed up, doesn't matter where they play, they would not help our team. Why would we want them? They know how to win in the playoffs, when it counts, that's why...

...and so was Larry Murphey and Slava Fetisov when we aquired them, weren't they?

...you guys cannot have it both ways, you say Osgood only plays good and has as many wins as he does because of the team he played behind. Well, using that same logic, Foote and Fedorov have played crappy because of the team they play on, put them back in a winning franchise and a team that actually has a goal, then (using the logic I just spoke of) they would rejuvinate their careers. That IS whay Osgood is doing so well, right? \

...Oh wait, now you say no, they are washed up, doesn't matter where they play, they would not help our team. Why would we want them? They know how to win in the playoffs, when it counts, that's why...

I agree with this post for the most part. The teams players are on definitley affects their play and their value in the league. Would Iginla win the scoring title in Detroit? Probably not, but since he is the only ELITE player on the Flames, he is in all of the scoring situations and he is the go-to guy. The Wings always have 2 or 3, that is why they don't win scoring titles, but always seem to be in the top 5 teams in total goals scored.

As for the playoffs and success and skill, I call it the Kirk Maltby Theory. Maltby usually does very little on he offensive front during the regular season. Outside of PK time, he is usually invisible on the scoresheet. However, in the post he becomes a forechecking machine, a pain in the oppositions ass, and typically chips in a couple of goals during a series.

In conclusion, just because Foote, Fedorov, and Blake are on s***ty teams, doesn't mean they are s***ty.

I agree with this post for the most part. The teams players are on definitley affects their play and their value in the league. Would Iginla win the scoring title in Detroit? Probably not, but since he is the only ELITE player on the Flames, he is in all of the scoring situations and he is the go-to guy. The Wings always have 2 or 3, that is why they don't win scoring titles, but always seem to be in the top 5 teams in total goals scored.

As for the playoffs and success and skill, I call it the Kirk Maltby Theory. Maltby usually does very little on he offensive front during the regular season. Outside of PK time, he is usually invisible on the scoresheet. However, in the post he becomes a forechecking machine, a pain in the oppositions ass, and typically chips in a couple of goals during a series.

In conclusion, just because Foote, Fedorov, and Blake are on s***ty teams, doesn't mean they are s***ty.

...exactly my point. Most people say Osgood is not a HOF'r because of the team he played behind. Using that logic, Fedorov and Foote or Blake's game would only improve if they came to a team like ours...

...either way, Sergei will be back, whether it's at the deadline or as a UFA...

...you can use your theory for McCarty also, he was the same way. Look, he went to Calgary and what happened? Wasn't quite as good (borderline sucked,) yet put him with Draper and Maltby, Shake and Bake!

Edited by LeftWinger

...you can use your theory for McCarty also, he was the same way. Look, he went to Calgary and what happened? Wasn't quite as good (borderline sucked,) yet put him with Draper and Maltby, Shake and Bake!

He wasn't very good his last year in Detroit, either.

Oh, boy... Let's break this down...

You didn't specifically, but you insinuated as such because you attempted to compare Datsyuk and Zetterberg to Brunnstrom. Datsyuk and Zetterberg are, of course, 1st-line NHLers.

If you can remember a few posts back, you asked if Holland would be more willing to trade Hudler for a big-time scoring forward since we woudl have "Brunnstrom coming next year." I told you no, and outlined why, then you replied with something totally unrelated by mentioning Datsyuk and Zetterberg.

Well... duh. Again, YOU asked if Holland would be more prone to trading Hudler prior to the deadline (which you now add the caveat of "this year or next" after the fact) -- I said no, because Brunnstrom is not proven on this side of the pond yet, to which you replied the Brunnstrom was the same age as Datsyuk/Zetterberg when he'd be coming over the pond. Not sure how that is pertinent to this topic of discussion, but whatever.

As I mentioned in my original reply, any personnel moves that would be a result of Brunnstrom's performance here would not even take place until next season at the earliest because Holland can't act on what is still an unproven commodity in North America.

The Brunnstrom comparison to Datsyuk and Zetterberg was about THEIR AGE when he came over. And when they came over, they hadn't played one bit on NHL ice (see: unproven). What about that comparison do you not understand? And as for Detroit having Brunnstrom next year, yes they would - in their system. Regardless of whether or not he plays 82 games a Red Wing, 10 games as a Red Wing, or doesnt make his debut until the year after next, hes still coming to Detroit next year i.e. his development will no longer continue in European leagues. Sorry you want to pick fights for the sake of doing so, but I know much better than you do what I meant with MY posts, thanks.

Edited by YoungGuns1340

The Brunnstrom comparison to Datsyuk and Zetterberg was about THEIR AGE when he came over.

That's pretty obvious to anyone that has followed the team for any stretch of time... What age Datsyuk and Zetterberg came over to the US has no bearing on how old Brunnstrom is when he comes over. None. There are *many* players that make the jump at that age and not all of them have the success that Datsyuk and Zetterberg did... So what exactly was the point of mentioning it other than to compare them to Brunnstrom?

Regardless of whether or not he plays 82 games a Red Wing, 10 games as a Red Wing, or doesnt make his debut until the year after next, hes still coming to Detroit next year i.e. his development will no longer continue in European leagues.

Thanks for the enlightenment, but I think we're all cleary aware of that. So how, exactly, does that pertain to the likelihood of Holland trading Hudler prior to the deadline because he "has Brunnstrom"?

Sorry you want to pick fights for the sake of doing so, but I know much better than you do what I meant with MY posts, thanks.

Really? Could've fooled me. It has nothing to do with picking a fight and everything to do with the fact you've strayed so far of course from your original question (again: would Holland trade Hudler this season because of Brunnstrom?) with your last few posts. That's not my problem, just yours, and I was attempting to point that out. But I digress...

They KNEW how to win in the playoffs. Past Tense. Neither have won anything in any playoff for several years. You want to bring on guys based on what they did several years ago even though they have done nothing since. And you are banking on that they will resurect their careers in Detroit? It could happen but frankly that is really a long shot. Yea it happened with Murphy and Fetisov but that has nothing to do with Fedorov and Foote. It didn't happen with Luke Robataille or Curtis Joseph. They played ok when they were here but not great and remember Wendl Clark? Yea, he was here but most people don't even remember because he never did anything while he was here.

No way we can give up a roster player (other than Sammy or Kopecky) to take a chance on one of these has beens. Even if they excell while they are here they are a year away from retirement so the return on investment would be pretty low.

Lastly, we have enough guys that know how to win the cup

Draper

Maltby

Lidstrom

Chelios

Hasek

Osgood

Datsyuk

Holmstrom

They KNEW how to win in the playoffs. Past Tense. Neither have won anything in any playoff for several years. You want to bring on guys based on what they did several years ago even though they have done nothing since. And you are banking on that they will resurect their careers in Detroit? It could happen but frankly that is really a long shot. Yea it happened with Murphy and Fetisov but that has nothing to do with Fedorov and Foote. It didn't happen with Luke Robataille or Curtis Joseph. They played ok when they were here but not great and remember Wendl Clark? Yea, he was here but most people don't even remember because he never did anything while he was here.

No way we can give up a roster player (other than Sammy or Kopecky) to take a chance on one of these has beens. Even if they excell while they are here they are a year away from retirement so the return on investment would be pretty low.

Lastly, we have enough guys that know how to win the cup

Draper

Maltby

Lidstrom

Chelios

Hasek

Osgood

Datsyuk

Holmstrom

...hmmmm Osgood being one of those who also didn't win crap while he was away from the Wings, because of the teams he was on. Resign in Detroit, revitalize his career, All Star Starter, #1 GAA, sure sucked that we picked him up instead of letting Howard come up...

...lets see Robitaille didn't come here and have a great year in 01-02? He didn't score 30 goals? He didn't have 9 points in the playoffs enroute to his first Stanley Cup? No, he would have won one if he stayed in LA, no his production didn't help the Wings one bit...

...CuJo? He was the ONLY one playing when they got swept by the Ducks. HE had the best GAA in the playoffs that year and ONLY PLAYED 4 GAMES, besides when we signed him, he was a elite goalie already...

....Wendel only played in 12 games with the Wings and he had 6 points thats 41 points prorated over 82 games. And in 10 platoff games he had 5 points...

....Fedorov has not been to the playoffs since he left Detroit, because of the team he played/plays for. Same goes for Adam Foote since leaving Colorado, who, BTW, has suffered defensively since he left...

...Holland would be trading Hudler for Someone who will help this year. No, Brunnstrom will not replace Hudler this year after the trade deadline, but next season, if not traded, Hudler loses his icetime to Brunnstrom for sure, so trading Hudler at the deadline because Holland "Has Brunnstrom" does make sense, especially if Hudler, this season, is replaced by Sundin or Fedorov, who both KNOW how to win in the playoffs...