• Please log in to reply
169 replies to this topic

#1 Sebastian

Sebastian

Cheeks is in are you

• PipPip
  • 493 posts

Posted 29 January 2008 - 10:21 PM

Putting homerism aside dont you think that Jordan Tootoo would be a perfect 3rd or 4th line grinder for the Wings? He gets payed pretty much nothing, will defend the star players, and gives you decent numbers. He also comes to play every night.

^^^^^^
Thanks Jen

"He is the epitome of the word "leader". He inspires courage in others to the point where they can't even believe they are capable of such abilities. His is true to himself, and 99% of the world looks up to him."
Definition of Steve Yzerman

#2 esteef

esteef

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 8,874 posts

Posted 29 January 2008 - 10:23 PM

Not just no. f*** NO!!!!
"The Wings haven't won a Cup without Darren McCarty since 1955."

#3 Detroit # 1 Fan

Detroit # 1 Fan

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 18,829 posts

Posted 29 January 2008 - 10:25 PM

I'd take him for sure. Nashville wont trade him to Detroit though.

#NOMOREKINDL

#4 WhiteLightning91

WhiteLightning91

Feed the Mule!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,454 posts

Posted 29 January 2008 - 10:26 PM

Are youf****** serious?

GMRwings1983: "Hudler has been stellar"

#5 Sebastian

Sebastian

Cheeks is in are you

• PipPip
  • 493 posts

Posted 29 January 2008 - 10:27 PM

QUOTE (WhiteLightning91 @ January 29, 2008 - 10:26PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Are youf****** serious?

Ya im serious, and PUTTING HOMERISM ASIDE

^^^^^^
Thanks Jen

"He is the epitome of the word "leader". He inspires courage in others to the point where they can't even believe they are capable of such abilities. His is true to himself, and 99% of the world looks up to him."

#6 esteef

esteef

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 8,874 posts

Posted 29 January 2008 - 10:30 PM

QUOTE (Sebastian @ January 29, 2008 - 10:27PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ya im serious, and PUTTING HOMERISM ASIDE

I'd have to put a helluva lot more than Homerism aside before I'd want that cheap ***** on my team.

f*** Tootoo.
esteef

Edited by esteef, 29 January 2008 - 10:30 PM.

"The Wings haven't won a Cup without Darren McCarty since 1955."

#7 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,255 posts

Posted 29 January 2008 - 10:30 PM

...wow, that must be a record. I guess the whole "One thread for all trade deadline talk" was for naught... blink.gif

Laugh it up, delete it all, I'll be laughing when it happens! -4/17/14

Money on the board: $30.00 plus immunity.

Franzen = 1.00 PPG

#8 Lou_Siffer

Lou_Siffer

1 more win and im diggin' in!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,086 posts

Posted 29 January 2008 - 10:31 PM

Tootoo isnt coming here, but i like the thought. One of the big knocks everyone used to say about Tootoo lwas that he did nothing but headhunt every shift, and had no hockey talent to offer. And here he is now with what...7 goals?
Aaron Downey tally = 4 Wins (Mclaren, PARROS, *Laperriere*, Wisniewski) - 1 L (**Boll**) - 5 Draws (Walker, Fedoruk, Davison, Shelley, O'Donnell)

(* = beatdown) (** = at the end of a shift)

Preseason prediction - Anaheim over Philadelphia in 6 (ok, well i'll settle for one right...)

#9 Lou_Siffer

Lou_Siffer

1 more win and im diggin' in!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,086 posts

Posted 29 January 2008 - 10:32 PM

Say what you will about him, but the guy brings a ton of energy to the crowd every home game.
Aaron Downey tally = 4 Wins (Mclaren, PARROS, *Laperriere*, Wisniewski) - 1 L (**Boll**) - 5 Draws (Walker, Fedoruk, Davison, Shelley, O'Donnell)

(* = beatdown) (** = at the end of a shift)

Preseason prediction - Anaheim over Philadelphia in 6 (ok, well i'll settle for one right...)

#10 Sebastian

Sebastian

Cheeks is in are you

• PipPip
  • 493 posts

Posted 29 January 2008 - 10:36 PM

He will put more butts in the seats at the Joe with all the energy that he brings day in and day out.

^^^^^^
Thanks Jen

#11 IceMunkee

IceMunkee

Gangster-ish

• HoF Booster
  • 1,261 posts

Posted 29 January 2008 - 10:37 PM

damn I just threw up all over the keyboard. Now the buttons are sticky and they smell bad....

Really if we are gonna get some cheap piece of s***, lets go get Simon, at least he can fight. ph34r.gif

Edited by IceMunkee, 29 January 2008 - 10:38 PM.

www.thedscene.com
@Gay4Datsyuk
Check It Out!

#12 theman19

theman19

#40 Mobile suit Zeta, the new red comet

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,829 posts

Posted 29 January 2008 - 10:38 PM

any person who doesn't think Tootoo wouldn't be one of the most popular wings player since D-mac is smoking some serious homer stuff.

Picture this, Pronger elbows Holmstrom, but this time as soon as he turns around Tootoo low bridges him and knocks him out of the playoffs, blood for blood.

Dirty, you bet.

Not wing material,..right-o

Would he be a freaking hero in this town

You better freaking believe it.

#13 Grittzkey

Grittzkey

L L L L SAD FACE

• HoF Booster
  • 1,309 posts

Posted 29 January 2008 - 10:38 PM

I wouldnt object 1 bit.
Lebda - Your Off The Team... My most used quote during the games.

#14 Sebastian

Sebastian

Cheeks is in are you

• PipPip
  • 493 posts

Posted 29 January 2008 - 10:39 PM

QUOTE (theman19 @ January 29, 2008 - 10:38PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
any person who doesn't think Tootoo wouldn't be one of the most popular wings player since D-mac is smoking some serious homer stuff.

Picture this, Pronger elbows Holmstrom, but this time as soon as he turns around Tootoo low bridges him and knocks him out of the playoffs, blood for blood.

Dirty, you bet.

Not wing material,..right-o

Would he be a freaking hero in this town

You better freaking believe it.

Thats exactly what Ive been trying to get across

^^^^^^
Thanks Jen

#15 tazzer82

tazzer82

Playoff time

• PipPipPipPip
  • 865 posts

Posted 29 January 2008 - 10:43 PM

No thanks. I can't stand Pronger, but I hate Tootoo. There is no way in hell I'd want to see him in a Wings jersey, ever. I'd rather not have a cheapshot artist on the team, no matter how much I may not like Pronger or anyone else who takes shots at our skill guys.
“The only people Chris Osgood owes anything to are himself and his teammates.” - Mickey Redmond

#16 YoungGuns1340

YoungGuns1340

Johan and Henrik

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,501 posts

Posted 29 January 2008 - 10:48 PM

I dont give a s*** how much energy he brings. I dont think hes ever manned up in a fight. I mean, has the guy once ever waited for another player to actually drop the gloves before pounding on him?

In case you hadn't notice, the ENTIRE Detroit organization is built on character and class. Either Detroit waits til a veteran's play has mellowed out to the point where he isnt making grossly dirty plays game in and game out (Chelios and Bert come to mind here...), or they sign enforcers who have a certain level of respect for other players (McCarty, Downey). Tootoo has no respect for anyone else in the leauge, save for maybe his teammates. And Im not even sure thats the case either. Its not like he had respect for his girlfriend, so Im pretty sure its just in his blood to be an *******..

And on top of that, he always looks like hes about to cry.

Boll, McGrattan, Carcillo, Niel, Nichol, etc. These guys all have a dirty side, but at least its in the minority when it comes to their game. Id much rather see one of these guys on the Wings than Tootoo. Yeah it would be nice to have a guy who could dish out some retribution, for example, on the Pronger-Holmstrom hit. But I really prefer not having to defend a scumbag play from a player wearing a Wings jersey every time we need some "energy".

Edited by YoungGuns1340, 29 January 2008 - 10:53 PM.

It is not your aptitude, but your attitude, that determines your altitude.

#17 lfd250

lfd250

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,019 posts

Posted 29 January 2008 - 10:49 PM

No, um, no and for God's sake no. I can't stand him and I can't stand the whistles.
Keep your stick on the ice - Red Green

#18 HockeyCrazy3033

HockeyCrazy3033

Hall of Famer

• Silver Booster
  • 17,359 posts

Posted 29 January 2008 - 10:51 PM

I love you cuz, but no thanks on Jordin. He's a prick and would give the Wings a bad name.
"I'm a winner. That's all I do". - Chris Osgood -

#19 hillbillywingsfan

hillbillywingsfan

Awww poor butch

• Gold Booster
  • 3,491 posts

Posted 29 January 2008 - 10:53 PM

i think im with lou. i wouldnt mind it.

oh and like every other team and fan doesn't hate us already. give me a break. go to the other teams boards and see for youself. we would just have more of a reason for teams to hate us. who cares.
how do you think it was when we had Probert ?

Edited by hillbillywingsfan, 29 January 2008 - 10:55 PM.

msg-10491-1258682020.jpg

I LIVE IN TEXAS SO I DON'T DESERVE HOCKEY

#20 Sebastian

Sebastian

Cheeks is in are you

• PipPip
  • 493 posts

Posted 29 January 2008 - 10:59 PM

QUOTE (hillbillywingsfan @ January 29, 2008 - 10:53PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i think im with lou. i wouldnt mind it.

oh and like every other team and fan doesn't hate us already. give me a break. go to the other teams boards and see for youself. we would just have more of a reason for teams to hate us. who cares.
how do you think it was when we had Probert ?

We are already the most hated team in the NHL for our success so why not add Tootoo.

When the Wings played the Ducks last week they sent a message as if they are to meet in the play-offs (which they both will be in) then the Wings have to realize that it is going to be hell. Message sent IMO. It's a regular season win for the Wings, could they handle that type of game over a 7 game series is the point. The Wings can't.
Did the Wings not have two or three players leave the game for cripes sake? The Ducks tossed the Wings around like ragdolls.
Certainly something that Holland has to address before the deadline and probably will. HATE TO BREAK IT TO YOU but the Ducks are the NHL's most physical team and the Wings are probably the least physical team. Sure that works in the regular season but the play-offs are a different beast.

Edited by Sebastian, 29 January 2008 - 11:08 PM.

^^^^^^
Thanks Jen