• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Wings_Dynasty

Kronwall out 7-10 Days

Rate this topic

This is too bad, I hope it isn't anything too serious and he is able to make it back soon.

I'd like to see Ericsson play a game or two as well, just to see what he's got. But I'm pretty sure they'll call up Quincey.

This may force Holland's hand at the TD, depending on how long Kronner will be out. :g:

This is too bad, I hope it isn't anything too serious and he is able to make it back soon.

I'd like to see Ericsson play a game or two as well, just to see what he's got. But I'm pretty sure they'll call up Quincey.

This may force Holland's hand at the TD, depending on how long Kronner will be out. :g:

I agree. I hope we go after a Blake or a Foote this year, instead of a Cory Cross. I want to see a player that can impact a game and more pointedly an opponent's strategy.

I agree- hope it's not too serious, and I'd like to see Ericsson for a little bit. The upside of Kronwall being out longer- assuming it's not too long- is that we might have a chance to see more than one of the kids- Ericsson, Kindl, and Quincey could all see time, theoretically. Doesn't mean they'll do it, of course, especially considering management's conservative approach to bringing prospects along, but if Kronner is out for an extended period of time, perhaps more than one of the kids can see NHL time.

Heal quick Nik.

This is disappointing b/c Kronwall was really coming into his own this season. Hopefully he is not out too long. The frequency with which he gets injured is concerning, however. And it's not just little injuries or precautionary measures that keep him out of games. He seems to be afflicted with injuries that are always pretty serious. I can deal with Zetterberg missing a couple of weeks a season due to back spasms as long as he comes back and can play at least 90% of the games and in the playoffs. Kronwall's injuries frustrate me more b/c they keep him out a lot longer. I know it's not his fault; it's just a little disappointing as a fan. Hopefully, this injury will not follow the pattern of the others and he will be back soon! :thumbup:

I may have pre-injured his shoulder by dropping him off my fantasy team earlier today.

On a somewhat related note, I wish they would get rid of no-potential Derek Meech and use Quincey as the #7. Hopefully he and Ericsson will get NHL time while Kronwall is off drawing up plans to break his ankle two days before the playoffs start.

Noooooooo...

Kronwall, finaly starting to shine a little bit, and he freaking gets injured, not to mention he was doing a fine job on my fantasy team. @@@@@@@ UGHHHHH..

Ericcson plzz. btw.

This was bound to eventually happen. It's quite a shame that the players that I like always manage to get hurt in some way. Maybe I should start liking Samuelsson more... :rolleyes:

Oh well. Cue the Rob Blake/Adam Foote/Marek Malik to Detroit rumors now. They should be in full swing in the coming days.

Kronwall injured? Inconceivable!

you keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

(sorry I couldnt resist :ph34r: )

I was really starting to think he would make it all season too. *hopefully* this isnt too bad and he isnt out for too long.

Let me guess, another freak injury and another unlucky injury? It's beyond a joke now; his 5 year contract is starting to look real bad. I know he's lifted his play this year, on both ends of the ice, but it's just one injury after the other with Kronwall.

It's probably the best time of the season to have a top four defenseman go down, but I don't want it to happen once again in the playoffs, that would spell disaster. I'm not fussed who they call up as I'm a big fan of both Quincey and Ericsson.

Edited by Aussie_Wing

Guest Canadian Wings
wow what a suprise.

Just when you think he might make through an entire season....Fooled you!

he already missed time at the start of the season with a groin injury.

how we all forget so soon :rolleyes:

Edited by Canadian Wings

Guest Crymson
he already missed time at the start of the season with a groin injury.

how we all forget so soon :rolleyes:

Getting checked into the boards in such a fashion would cause a shoulder injury in just about anyone.

On a somewhat related note, I wish they would get rid of no-potential Derek Meech and use Quincey as the #7. Hopefully he and Ericsson will get NHL time while Kronwall is off drawing up plans to break his ankle two days before the playoffs start.

Meech is the #7 because there is not a lot of potential. Quincy is in Grand Rapids so he can play everyday and develope that potential. Quincy sitting on the bench all season as the #7 does him nor the wings any good. However if Q is brought up this week, he will take Kronners spot and play everyday and Meech will still remain that hopeful #7.

Guest Crymson
Meech is the #7 because there is not a lot of potential. Quincy is in Grand Rapids so he can play everyday and develope that potential. Quincy sitting on the bench all season as the #7 does him nor the wings any good. However if Q is brought up this week, he will take Kronners spot and play everyday and Meech will still remain that hopeful #7.

No--Meech is the #7 because he can no longer be sent down to Grand Rapids without clearing waivers. He has plenty of potential as a puck-moving defenseman.

It was only a matter of time.

This is why I've been dead against using Lebda or Lilja as trade bait. We simply must have 7 NHL level d-men on our roster because Kronwall is almost certain to miss extended periods. Kronwall being fit or not has no impact on my desire to land Blake or Foote - I wanted them anyway.