• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

DenJ91

The Official bring back Fedorov topic!

Rate this topic

he did at one point, hitchcock demoted him to other lines and to defenseman during the season trying to light a spark under him because of his lack of scoring. Hitchcock is like Bowman in the head games routine when trying to motivate people. Bowman did the same things to Feds in Detroit, moving him around, and to the blueline.

he wasn't demoted, nash doesn't play well with hardly anyone, just about everyone has been on his line this season. fedorov was moved to the 2nd and 3rd lines to add depth and defensive responsibility to the younger players like boll and glencross. sergei would fit in like a glove on the wings. he's a puck control/moving player, the jackets are dump and chase crap.

Any one know how Sergei looked last night? minutes played? I know he had 2 shots on goal......

he looked decent for his first game back. had some jump, played with nash most of the night. a couple times he opted to pass instead of taking a shot which frustrated me. the jackets are just terrible, i can't wait for feds to get traded to ANYWHERE else, hopefully detroit! *fingers crossed*

Feds back to Detroit ,what would it cost if I was holland i would try to aquire Foote with Feds give up Sammy, Ferrance ,Quincey and Kopy and bring Hartigan up if this could happen lines would like alot better

Dats,Zet,Homer

Flip,Feds,Frazen the F Line

Malts Drapes Cleary

Huds,Hartigan, Drake, Downey or Mac

Lids, Ralf

Foote, Kron

Cheli,Lebda,Lilja

But who I'm I kidding this will not happen

Yes to Feds

he wasn't demoted, nash doesn't play well with hardly anyone, just about everyone has been on his line this season. fedorov was moved to the 2nd and 3rd lines to add depth and defensive responsibility to the younger players like boll and glencross. sergei would fit in like a glove on the wings. he's a puck control/moving player, the jackets are dump and chase crap.

Thats because the Blue Jackets are thin at center, and Hitchcock likes to play the mind games like Bowman used to do. Nash must be meshing with someone there, he broke 30 goals again so someone is getting him the puck. Zherdev has raised his game this season as well, Glencross has looked pretty good in Edmonton so far he fits in well with their style of play. Not all of the problems in Columbus are Feds fault, but he's not at the level of play that he was with the Wings and the Mighty Dorks. He'll help someone out with their 3rd and 4th lines after the deadline no doubt. Montreal and Ottawa are looking at him also.

The way I see it is, theres 3 spots available with the forwards. Kopecky, Sammy and Hudler. If anyone of those 3 were traded straight up for Feds, totally fine with that. Then you get a Sundin or another top 6er for whatever price, then maybe a Gratton. (Then of course McCARTY! :D)

Zetterberg-Datsyuk-Holmstrom

Fedorov-Sundin-Cleary

Maltby-Draper-McCarty

Filpula-Franzen-Gratton/Drake

Downey

Not bad, not bad at all. (Though, that seems like a dream scenario)

This does seem like the dream scenario. Of course, that is, if your dream is to keep the average age on our team above 35. Yea, great idea, lets trade a draft pick, maybe hudler, and another prospect for Sundin, who's probably going to retire in 2-3 years. Did we learn NOTHING from our deadline mistake last year?

We trade that Mathias guy (forget his name) for Bertuzzi. Bertuzzi is gone 2 months later, meanwhile that other prospect we traded was kicking ass on the Canadian World Juniors and doing decent for Florida. Now I know that the World Juniors isn't exactly the NHL, but give it time. We wasted a good prospect on an old injured bum (Bertuzzi) who left us 2 months later. Now you guys want to go out and get Federov?

I have an idea, maybe we could dump Zetterberg, and get Larionov and Fetisov out of retirement. Then, Maybe we could dump Rafalski, Filpula and maybe a prospect and use that cap space to get Shanahan and maybe even convince Yzerman into a one year deal. Then we could get rid of Sammy and Howard, use that cap space to find a miracle cure for Konstantinov, trade Franzen and 2 draft picks for Kozlov and BOOM, we got out russian 5 back. We could then release Kronwall, and more draft picks and convince Larry Murphy to make a bit of a comeback. Maybe, if we're lucky, we could sign Gordie Howe to a small little contract as well.

Or, we could be smart, not trade our prospects, young players, and draft picks for old washed up injury prone players who will probably be with our team for a year or 2.

And one more thing...Whats all this crap i'm hearing about McCarty? Are we trying to an assemble a Stanley Cup team or a Red Wings Alumni team? ooooooo He got a hat trick with the Griffens, excuse me while i go call CNN. Who cares????? He's not young, he's not a prospect, he's an old washed up bum with a gambling problem. So why have him take up a spot on our team? If I recall correctly, he was a healthy scratch on Calgary, a team with far less talent and depth than ours. So lets just end this McCarty thing. Its not going to happen and if it does, Holland is either and idiot or really desperate.

Edited by nate_327

This does seem like the dream scenario. Of course, that is, if your dream is to keep the average age on our team above 35. Yea, great idea, lets trade a draft pick, maybe hudler, and another prospect for Sundin, who's probably going to retire in 2-3 years. Did we learn NOTHING from our deadline mistake last year?

We trade that Mathias guy (forget his name) for Bertuzzi. Bertuzzi is gone 2 months later, meanwhile that other prospect we traded was kicking ass on the Canadian World Juniors and doing decent for Florida. Now I know that the World Juniors isn't exactly the NHL, but give it time. We wasted a good prospect on an old injured bum (Bertuzzi) who left us 2 months later. Now you guys want to go out and get Federov?

I have an idea, maybe we could dump Zetterberg, and get Larionov and Fetisov out of retirement. Then, Maybe we could dump Rafalski, Filpula and maybe a prospect and use that cap space to get Shanahan and maybe even convince Yzerman into a one year deal. Then we could get rid of Sammy and Howard, use that cap space to find a miracle cure for Konstantinov, trade Franzen and 2 draft picks for Kozlov and BOOM, we got out russian 5 back. We could then release Kronwall, and more draft picks and convince Larry Murphy to make a bit of a comeback. Maybe, if we're lucky, we could sign Gordie Howe to a small little contract as well.

Or, we could be smart, not trade our prospects, young players, and draft picks for old washed up injury prone players who will probably be with our team for a year or 2.

Over-dramatic much? Although i agree about Sundin other than the fact it doesn't matter when he retires because he's going to re-sign with the leafs in the off season. I don't know that trading ONE of either Kop, sammy or Hudler for Feds like the other poster said is really that insane, I mean you might not like it, but that doesn't make it as silly as your making it out to be. Lets just skip all the jibber jabber and concentrate on the three that were mentioned by the poster for Feds. nevermind the whole trade and all of that, how many of those three do you think will be Wings in 2 years?

Guest GordieSid&Ted

that would be a long shot to boot. most rentals are gone like the wind as soon as the final whistle blows and you're left with squat.

I look at the Fedorov thing. I would love to give up a guy like Hudler for Fedorov. Why? Because I know what Hudler is and I know what he cannot do. Fedorov would be an improvement.

And if I can't re sign Feds, that's fine. I've lost a near 40 year old rental and i've lost a pipsqueak who can't fight his way out of a wet paper bag. And i've kept my picks and prospects.

Ken Holland was just quoted in an article on TSN today about how important it is to retain your picks. Especially your first rounders and your prospects in the new, capped NHL.

If any rental player costs us our #1 pick, I think I might....well, I don't know what I'd do but it wouldn't be pretty.

Im suprised there has been no activity on this thread, this was a hot rumor for a week or so and then nothing.

He left the game yesterday with an injury. Thats 2 times hes been out in the last few weeks.

He left the game yesterday with an injury. Thats 2 times hes been out in the last few weeks.

Columbus centre Sergei Fedorov left the game in the second period with a charley horse in his right leg.

TSN

COuld be nothing, could be something. To be honest, I think that if he gets traded he has little value in returns for Columbus because he ahs been injured. If Fed's will be a wing again, I sadly feel it will not be until he would possibly sign next season. But with all his injuries, he may even retire... <_<

This is a joke topic right?

Because no one in their right might would want Fedorov to come back here.

He is a broken down old hockey player and he's injury prone. The Fedorov now isn't even 1/4 of the player he was in Detroit.

If Holland wastes one minute going after Fedorov over guys like Hossa and Sundin then he should step down from the GMs spot because he's lost his mind.

I would try to get Darcy Tucker to waive his no trade clause in Toronto to come to Detroit before I would EVER approach Fedorov to return.

And don't get me wrong I loved him when he was here and I still wear my Fedorov jersey, I actually wore it to a game this year against Carolinia but I want to see the Wings win the Stanley Cup not stroll down memory lane.

Have a good one.

GO MEECH GO!

This is a joke topic right?

Because no one in their right might would want Fedorov to come back here.

He is a broken down old hockey player and he's injury prone. The Fedorov now isn't even 1/4 of the player he was in Detroit.

If Holland wastes one minute going after Fedorov over guys like Hossa and Sundin then he should step down from the GMs spot because he's lost his mind.

I would try to get Darcy Tucker to waive his no trade clause in Toronto to come to Detroit before I would EVER approach Fedorov to return.

And don't get me wrong I loved him when he was here and I still wear my Fedorov jersey, I actually wore it to a game this year against Carolinia but I want to see the Wings win the Stanley Cup not stroll down memory lane.

Have a good one.

GO MEECH GO!

yeah it's a joke topic, yet there are 10 pages filled in this topic of people wanting him back. kinda seems like your the odd one out. on top of that you made no valid arguments other than the whole "memory lane" thing which is played out.

Edited by DenJ91

Really? Whats the word on the injury, any news?

And when does experience = washed up? He's played in more playoff games than most.

Just sayin'

He's played 10 full games in 2008 so far. Been out 13 Games with injury and left 2 others because of injury. Even though that fits in well with the rest of the clipped wings in the pressbox... pass for somebody healthier.

News: Fedorov's leg injury Saturday was merely a charley horse, the Columbus Dispatch reports.

Impact: He was walking without a limp after the game, and coach Ken Hitchcock thinks Fedorov will be able to play in the Blue Jackets' next game on Wednesday... assuming he's still with the club of course. (RotoWire - Feb 24, 2008)

In his fourth game back he leaves due to injury and it's a charley horse?

It seems to be turning into a late round + conditional if he leaves via trade. Rather see him as a training cap try-out

Edited by vangvace

Guest Crymson
yeah it's a joke topic, yet there are 10 pages filled in this topic of people wanting him back. kinda seems like your the odd one out. on top of that you made no valid arguments other than the whole "memory lane" thing which is played out.

I'll give you several valid arguments.

-People only want him back for nostalgia.

-He's on the IR.

-He's consistently injured.

-He no longer produces much in the way of points.

-He burnt a lot of bridges with the Wings` management on his way out in '03.

Will these arguments do it for you?

Edited by Crymson

Feds is nowhere near what he used to be, but the argument that he doesn't put up many points is silly for a couple of reasons. First, he wouldn't be brought in with the hope that he would be one of our primary scoring threats; he would be a secondary scorer who can play a tight shut-down game and man the point on the PP. Second, he's still putting up respectable numbers. Being on pace for 48 points over 82 games ain't half-bad.

I agree that the injuries are a concern. But I maintain that Feds for cheap = Good.

Feds on the point on PP >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Sammy on point on PP

Even if thats all he did I would be happy with that, of course I wouldnt give more than a 3rd rounder for him (Or Sammy)