• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Wings_Dynasty

Articles Regarding "The Call"

Rate this topic

I feel people need to get over this. It was a horrible call, no doubt. But be glad it was made in a game now and not in the playoffs. That game will not have any bearing on where the Wings will ultimately finish in the standings.

I feel people need to get over this. It was a horrible call, no doubt. But be glad it was made in a game now and not in the playoffs. That game will not have any bearing on where the Wings will ultimately finish in the standings.

You're right, but it may very well have a bearing on where the Ducks finish.

Too bad it's not like baseball where you can play a game under protest. The protests never do any good in terms of winning and losing, but it does make major league baseball come out and address the issue. Wouldn't it be great to hear Bettman come out and say that it was a mistake? Instead, we'll hear nothing.

Funny that you should mention the playoffs, because this is the same referee who was officiated some of the games we played against Anaheim. We got f***ed over last year because of some of these referees (e.g. Hasek being pushed into the net and the goal counting) and we are bound to be f***ed over again.

Funny that you should mention the playoffs, because this is the same referee who was officiated some of the games we played against Anaheim. We got f***ed over last year because of some of these referees (e.g. Hasek being pushed into the net and the goal counting) and we are bound to be f***ed over again.

Damn right. Well said. I'm still frickin' seething over this...and seeing recaps of the gangbang that Donger and Needledicker pulled on Homer last Playoffs only incensed my rage.

But hey...gotta get the broadcast off before the Grammy pre-show, right? (Though I have absolutely nothing to base that on...it did seem the game was tidied up real nice at 6:00 sharp).

I posted that somewhere else too. That yesterday's waive off was as bad as the calls in last season's Western Conference Finals. I didn't realize it was O'Halloran then too. Figures. Bettman should grow a pair a fire O'Halloran.

Found it. Posted on ESPN earlier today ...

The calls or lack of them were hypocritical in yesterday's game. On one Ducks goal Osgood was clearly interfered with, then interference was called on Holmstrom when he had no affect on Giguere. It was ludicrous. These types of calls or lack thereof were very reminiscent of the calls that went against Detroit in the Western Conference Finals last season.

Edited by auxlepli

Guest Crymson
I think as bad as that call was....the non-call on Kunitz's play was worse.

Which one? The one in which he facewashed Samuelsson and got no call, or when two minutes later he kneed Osgood in the head?

I think as bad as that call was....the non-call on Kunitz's play was worse.

Anyone have a video of the play where Osgood smashes Kunitz in the knee with his head?

Ozzie should have gotten two minutes for interference on that play. (dripping with sarcasm)

That f***head O'Halloran should be fired so that he doesn't officiate in the playoffs. I don't want to see him cost us another Cup.

There, fixed it. That guys an f-tard. LRN 2 call playz.

Edited by wingnut40

That f***head O'Halloran should be fired so that he doesn't officiate in the playoffs. I don't want to see him cost us a Cup.

Don't worry, he won't hurt us in the playoffs: Anaheim will hurt us. Aside from that call, Detroit played horrible at times. Too much fancy stick handling and not enough shooting.

There was just a weak penalty call against Phoenix that lead to Dallas getting the go ahead goal with 2 minutes to go. The announcer said "Wayne Gretzky is losin' it like Britney."

That's pretty lame. The announcer just called it a "dainty penalty."

That sucks pretty bad since that team is struggling to make it to the playoffs.

EDIT: It was a call that made it a 5 on 3 no less. That was a super weak call for a 5 on 4 let alone 5 on 3.

Edited by jim3033

s for the rest of the game? It featured lots of good chances, a fight between enforcers Aaron Downey and George Parros that delighted the sellout crowd of 20,066, and a renewal of a rivalry that has burned since the Ducks bounced the Wings from last year's Western Conference finals.

Sweet Jesus. Reckons back to the days of the McRivalry with the Avs. Only lamer.

What's it been? 10 months? 3 or 4 games since? Wow.

Rivalry status [DENIED]. :::::STAMP:::::: Go to the end of the line please.

Not in the crease.

holmstrom_crease.jpg

Not in the crease.

holmstrom_ducks0211.jpg

Not in the crease.

holmstrom_inwhite_1.png

In the crease, but before the shot.

holmstrom_inwhite_2.png

Not in the crease.

holmstrom_inwhite_3.png

Not in the crease, puck in the net.

holmstrom_inwhite_4.png

Not in the crease, puck in the net.

holmstrom_inwhite_5.png

Edited by auxlepli

What really pissed me off is that in when Homer is on the edge of the crease Giggy was a foot away from him. He starts to feel the pressure on and he moves to the edge of the crease to draw contact. He blatantly made the attempt to draw a call. The proof is right above. ERRRRRRRGH!!!!

They need to destroy Nashville tonight and get this out of their systems.