• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Son of a Wing

Advertising coming to NHL Jerseys?

Rate this topic

Yeah, and then people would be reluctant to buy the jersey's.

Advertising on jersey's is acceptable for soccer, and skiing, annnnnnnnd NASCAR.

For hockey?

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

Wow, that just breaks my heart.

It's bad enough the Wings are on six-game losing streak. Now I got to deal with this.

Damn I'm depressed.

I also couldn't disagree more with Roloson's statement.

"They have (uniform ads) in Europe and it doesn't take away from the true jersey look."

Yeah dude, it pretty much does. It's also a slippery slope. Soon after the goalies get them, it'll be on all players.

I guess the NHL didn't get my memo that I won't buy jerseys anymore after the RBK Edge disaster. This will set my resolve in stone.

Edited by auxlepli

Roloson echoes that sentiment. "I think it's a great way to grow (hockey-related revenue). They have (uniform ads) in Europe and it doesn't take away from the true jersey look.

Is he blind? There are so many ads on those European Jerseys its hard to concentrate. I can't even tell the difference between the logo and the advertisements on some of them. This just seems like a really weird - and f*cking stupid - idea.

Can someone please tell me why a player agent like Rich Winter has any prominent role in this at all? Or a soon to be retired goalie aka Dom Hasek?

Whats the worst thing the league could do when they can't even expand their fan base??? Piss off their current fan base! Brilliant!

I don't like the idea of advertising on the jerseys, however if they went with the helmets I would be alright with that. To a lesser extent possibly the pants. Both areas get quite a bit of them shown and it leaves the traditional jerseys alone. Might not get as much revenue but at least its something and its not nearly as invasive as the jerseys. The only problem with doing the helmets and pants is that it would most likely eventually lead to the jerseys being advertisements and I am against it.

I hope you guys don't tear me to shreds for saying this.

I was just commenting a couple of days ago that I was glad the NHL doesn't do this. It was disappointing the first time I saw them on AHL jerseys.

As for the players who are pushing for them -- do they have no pride in their teams? Do they really think destroying the look of their jerseys for a few bucks is good for the sport or the organization?