• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
MacK_Attack

Windsor Spitfires captain Mickey Renaud Dead

Rate this topic

February, 18, 2008

(Windsor) The Windsor Spitfire family sadly announces the passing of team captain Mickey Renaud at approximately Noon today.

“Windsor Spitfire Captain Mickey Renaud suddenly collapsed at his Tecumseh home and was transported to Windsor Regional Hospital with absent vital signs. All attempts were made at resuscitation and were unsuccessful at the emergency room,” commented Windsor Spitfires Team Physican Dr. Roy Diklich.

“This is the biggest tragedy in Spitfire history. Words alone cannot describe our pain at this time,” said Windsor Spitfires Vice-President and General Manager Warren Rychel.

“Our thoughts and prayers are with the Renaud family during this most difficult time,” commented Windsor Spitfires President and Head Coach Bob Boughner.

http://www.windsorspitfires.com/viewcon.php?id=2442

Incredibly sad news. Being a fan of the Saginaw Spirit, I was lucky enough to have seen him play on many occassions. He was the epitome of what a hockey player is. Always gave 110% & was a great plaer, and even moreso, it sounds like he was a very stand-up guy who was loved by everyone. Prayers & thoughts go out to him & his family, friends & teammates.

I just heard this on AM800, still in shock. I live in Windsor, and noone knew anything about him having a heart condition. This is tragic. It was a family day of sorts here in Windsor today, of al l days.

I imagine we are all very lucky as Red Wing fanatics, that Jiri F. didn't actually pass away on that dreadful night vs. Nashville.

Very sad day for hockey. RIP Mickey, you'll be very very greatly missed.

He left with his team in first place.

I think it'll have to wait until an autopsy to find out. Seems the standard find is a previously-undetected heart problem.

WOW... What a major shock and terribly sad event. With the rigorous and intense testing these days if it is in fact some kind of defect, I can't believe it would go undetected. Usually it is Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy, one of the common causes of sudden death in young athletes, but usually a collapse happens under physical exertion. It may be something totally different from a heart problem. In either case, RIP. Absolutely terrible :(

I heard this news and I was devistated. I met the guy a few times, he's the same age as me and lives like 10 minutes away from me. You will be missed, Mick.

Mickey Renaud and I go back along time. We've been best friends for many years now and it has truly been a sad day. He was one of the best guys you can ever meet. Had a promising career ahead of him...tragedy

RIP Mick

Mickey Renaud and I go back along time. We've been best friends for many years now and it has truly been a sad day. He was one of the best guys you can ever meet. Had a promising career ahead of him...tragedy

RIP Mick

I know it doesn't mean too much from some random poster you have never met but:

My condolences!

RIP Mick

Im sorry to hear that. My prayers go out to you, his family, and anyone who knew him.