• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

NeverForgetMac25

The 2008 Trade Deadline Thread

Rate this topic

What abouk Olli Jokinen? Will he be traded? If so, he would be a PERFECT fit for the Wings. Assuming Hossa is not coming to Detroit, why not go after Jokinen? Has 59pts, (4 more than Hossa) and is signed for 2 years AFTER this one for 5.25mil. A big center, proven scorer, 28 yrs old. I'd give up Hudler, Meech, 1st and a 3rd. Think that would fly? Probably just wishful thinking...

Edited by redwinger4747

I would like to see us land a Sundin or Hossa, but I really can't see it happening. We honestly have NOTHING to offer for either of them compared to what other teams do. Nothing Holland would be willing to part with anyhow. Filpulla and Hudler are'nt going to fetch what Marleau will in terms of getting Hossa, and why would we give Flip away for a Sundin rental?

I can see moves being made, but nothing huge.

I would like to see us land a Sundin or Hossa, but I really can't see it happening. We honestly have NOTHING to offer for either of them compared to what other teams do. Nothing Holland would be willing to part with anyhow. Filpulla and Hudler are'nt going to fetch what Marleau will in terms of getting Hossa, and why would we give Flip away for a Sundin rental?

I can see moves being made, but nothing huge.

Marleau has sucked for years and Atlanta already has veterans, they need youth. Filpulla and Hudler are the best that are being offered as far as youth goes. The only player who comes close to filling an Atlanta need is Higgins.

Marleau has sucked for years and Atlanta already has veterans, they need youth. Filpulla and Hudler are the best that are being offered as far as youth goes. The only player who comes close to filling an Atlanta need is Higgins.

REALLY, where is there any proof that Filpulla and Hudler are being offered...there are rumors that they COULD be offered, but we don't know what is going on....maybe in terms of youth the penguins offeres Staal....I think its speculatively possible, thus it must be true...(sarcasm)

One thing I hope we don't do is go out and get a D-man with all the injury problems we've been having unless it is a depth player, even though we are really banged up right now, the recent slump has definitely not been due to our defensive play IMO. BTW how long is Raffi out for?

DTD, looks like Kronner may be back first though

Sportsnet.ca -- Neither Maple Leafs captain Mats Sundin nor defenceman Bryan McCabe were on the ice at the team's practice this morning at Lakeshore Lions Arena.

There are unconfirmed reports that McCabe had a brief meeting with general manager Cliff Fletcher and immediately left the facility. McCabe has a no-movement clause in his contract and has said repeatedly that he would not waive it, but that hasn't stopped his name from surfacing in trade rumours as Tuesday's National Hockey League trade deadline approaches.

Mats Sundin has reportedly supplied Cliff Fletcher with a list of teams he's willing to go to.

If its a "list", then Anaheim's on it. And if Anaheim's on it, then Sundin might as well be a Duck now. Dont know who could compete with Edmontons 1st and Ryan or Carter/

They've got a pretty convenient trade-deadline "flu" going through the team

Who do you see McCabe going to? Id imagine itd have to be either a good location or an up and coming organization. Going off of the folks who are interested in the likes of Campbell/Boyle/Redden, looks like San Jose, Chicago, New York, Philly. Any news of who McCabe would be interested in playing for?

Who do you see McCabe going to? Id imagine itd have to be either a good location or an up and coming organization. Going off of the folks who are interested in the likes of Campbell/Boyle/Redden, looks like San Jose, Chicago, New York, Philly. Any news of who McCabe would be interested in playing for?

The common thought is an East Coast team because his wife is from Long Island.

Lids out 3 weeks, Rafalski and Kronwall still d2d......hopefully I'll be updating this thread soon with a new defenseman to Detroit. :D

I don't know why people are so willing to go giving up prospects to get a d-man.Who ever trades detroit a d-man are going to a high prospect or a high draft or god maybe both.

Detroit is in need of a forward more than a d-man.Thats one thing they do have is a few good young d-men, they'll be alright; the goalies may have to make a couple more saves a night.