• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
NickA

Sammy and Lebda

Rate this topic

Sammy is soft, refuses to drive the net, and takes low percentage shots 99% of the time.

Despite Lebda's speed, he coughs the puck up more than anyone Ive seen, including Robet Lang. I cant stomach watching another shift with either of them on the ice.

Guest nutz2u
Sammy is soft, refuses to drive the net, and takes low percentage shots 99% of the time.

Despite Lebda's speed, he coughs the puck up more than anyone Ive seen, including Robet Lang. I cant stomach watching another shift with either of them on the ice.

It is frustrating to watch Samuelsson 6'1" 210lbs and plays like a girl. What a waste of size. :ranting:

I thought both played better than they have in the past...all things considered.....

I like Brett..... great wheels, great attitude, DRIVES TO THE NET!

Sammy.....lost faith.....zamboni fodder....

I thought both played better than they have in the past...all things considered.....

Lebda is a great defenseman. I'm getting sick of people trashing him.

I dunno about 'Great Lebda' but he is a very interesting D man to have in our current line up I think. If he develops more defensive awareness, he will be a good / very good D man.

Also very small hit in cap space so I would say he is as valuable as some other guys.

Lebda is NOT a great defenseman. He is a bottom-pairing defenseman despite his wheels. If Lebda were as good offensively and defensively as some on here claim he is, he would be a Norris candidate. He's not, and he never will be. He's a decent third-pairing defenseman and that's likely all he will ever be.

With Lebda's speed you can't help wish that he could develop an offensive scoring touch, because right now he has none. He's never going to be physical or defensive minded, so I think he should concentrate solely on improving his shot and his overall offensive skills.

With Lebda's speed you can't help wish that he could develop an offensive scoring touch, because right now he has none. He's never going to be physical or defensive minded, so I think he should concentrate solely on improving his shot and his overall offensive skills.

maybe an 8th hour after prctice is necessary? :rolleyes:

I try to avoid bashing Sammy as much as possible but what makes me mad more than anything about is not so much the shooting from bad spots it the NOT shooting from good spots! Last night he was a great position to shot and instead passed one behind Hank.

sammy is terrible. That's well-established (although i saw him not screw up a couple times last night, which was encouraging)

Lebda has great potential. He still lacks patience, and seeing one move ahead. Once he gets those he's going to blow your minds. (maybe they should move him to forward to work on his breakaways for a while)

If we are just talking about last night's game, I actually thought Sammy had one of his best games in a while. He made some nice moves that actually worked, and seemed to be working harder. He still frustrates me though with his lack of shooting ability/bad decisions when it comes to shooting, but last night wasn't as bad overall as it has been. As for Lebda, if we're going to talk about young defensemen playing poorly last night, special mention must go out to Meech, who was terrible. Just to clarify, I do not think Meech is terrible overall. In fact, I kind of like him. I am saying that last night he was pretty bad. Lebda was much better last night in my opinion. Again, this is all about last night, not in general, as it seems the OP was making his comments based on last night's game.

Lebda never gets any credit, neither does Sammy. They are paid for their talent level, Lebda isn't bad and Sammy is a decent paid 3rd liner who has to play 2nd. Everyone here just needs someone to totally blame losses on. I know their is plenty of other players better but we have a cap so for the price they are good. If anything maybe we should start asking why Z, Hol, Flip, Hudler, (Sammy; but i think everyone expects more out of the others) are all at considering they are the real dependents on scoring. People complain about Maltby, Draper, Drake they aren't their for scoring if they can great but their primary job is to shutdown another teams offense. Please give it a rest for at least 2 days.

Lebda never gets any credit, neither does Sammy. They are paid for their talent level, Lebda isn't bad and Sammy is a decent paid 3rd liner who has to play 2nd. Everyone here just needs someone to totally blame losses on. I know their is plenty of other players better but we have a cap so for the price they are good. If anything maybe we should start asking why Z, Hol, Flip, Hudler, (Sammy; but i think everyone expects more out of the others) are all at considering they are the real dependents on scoring. People complain about Maltby, Draper, Drake they aren't their for scoring if they can great but their primary job is to shutdown another teams offense. Please give it a rest for at least 2 days.

This is the line I can't stand. Why does everyone assume that, just because a guy is cheaply paid, it means he doesn't have to be a good player?

Ledba is extremely replaceable. The Wings need size and grit on the blueline, not another small guy, who is actually not even an offensive minded defenseman. If Lebda could put up points, I'd be fine with him here, but he can't. All he can do is skate fast, and that's about it.

Samuelsson is f***ing useless. He's about 6'2, yet doesn't play physical at all. He's a streaky scorer who can't put up points on a consistant basis, making him unreliabable as a goal scorer. Everybody applauds his defensive game, but I don't see Babcock using him on the PK or anything. Samuelsson is terrible, and if he, along with Hudler, are still on the Wings roster come playoff time, I will scream.

Oh... and by the way... when has anybody complained about Draper, Maltby or Drake for not scoring? Nobody complains about Draper, only one or two people have complained about Maltby, and Drake is complained about because he doesn't do anything useful. None of them have been complained about for not scoring, though, at least not from what I've seen.

Edited by Kp-Wings

Sammy played well last night he used his size and hit a little, shot the puck at good times but also did not shoot the puck at other good times. over all he had a good game but it seems that when he plays well the rest of the team doesn't. I want him to play the same tonight.

If anything maybe we should start asking why Z, Hol, Flip, Hudler, (Sammy; but i think everyone expects more out of the others) are all at considering they are the real dependents on scoring.

I have not noticed huds on the ice for the past 10-15 games, if not more! Sorry, I just think he could play a hell of a lot better. A lot of the wings can. :blush:

Sammy kills me every time he goes into the corner. Wiggling your stick at someone hoping to hit the puck is not good enough. Not even close. HIT PEOPLE. Trust me, its harder for a guy to play the puck when hes on the ice trying to get back on his skates than it is with a stick just buzzing around his blades. Even with that said, I'm not trying to say he needs to go out and start Drilling people, but just hit them to get separation from the puck.

Another player that needs to up his game is Franzen. Any time I see his huge frame on the ice, hes standing like a tree. He has so much potential!!! ( As well, he has a huge frame and it wouldn't hurt if he started colliding with people! :boxing: )

Lebda I not a great defenceman. He does have speed, but still some of the plays he makes with the puck make me cringe.

I'm not here to bash the Wings, they have been my team since I was 6-7 years old and I love them through and through. We are just having a rough patch, where injuries are not helping what-so-ever. It just seems like we are not hitting the lanes like we did earlier in the season, like someone is either a half a step ahead, or a half of a step behind. Another thing that kind of gets me pissed, is the ability to not take care of the puck on the blue line. I understand that these kids playing now are AHLers, But come on, It happened even with our vets. its a simple D-to-D pass and its forever hopping over sticks, getting intercepted, or even worse, the other defence partner is already playing safety and skating backwards.

On a good note, we are playing a hell of a lot better then we did in our losing streak, and really can only get better from here. Once our vets are back on D and we can control the puck a bit more, it will be much easier for the young ones to take their place. (Is it just more or is it scary that lilja was partnering with the young guys, come on, what can you possibly learn thats positive from him. :scared: . I thought giving up the puck at the worst possible time was a bad thing. :blink: ). There is plenty of time to get these wrinkles ironed out, and i am not worried in the slightest. Its a great thing that these young guns are getting exposure now, rather then something like last year with some coming in deep in the playoffs.

Full expectation for a Stanley Cup Finals!!! <3! GO WINGS!!! :w00t2:

:champs:

Samuelson is junk. He had 1 and half good playoff series for us, and thats it. And since then, he's been terrible.

Lebda, people say he has wheels, but when I watch him, he is the slowest defenceman alive when it comes to catching forwards breaking to the net, he doesnt even try! Plus, his shot is terrible, on his rushes, he drives wide, takes a useless shot, EVERYTIME. If he drove to the net, he could have 10-15 goals a year, but he doesnt.

you forgot to add after DRIVES TO THE NET ...turns it over, does nothing with it..

Sammy kills me every time he goes into the corner.

Yeah, the half dozen times in three years he's actually gone into the corners, he sucked at it.

Lebda is quite good when he's rushing the puck. But he isn't very good at anything else. Samuelsson is just trash all the way around.

Then don't. Problem solved.

Lebda is horrible i agree!

it cracks me up to read that you think Lebda is horrible yet you have the lowly Brad Stuart's picture on every post. I live in LA, have seen Stuart play many times this year... I'd take 22 over 6 anyday. The one thing Stuart's good at is coughing up the puck.